October 14, 2019, 09:12:40 PM

Author Topic: Marcel Brands to Join Everton  (Read 64559 times)

April 04, 2018, 11:12:42 PM
Read 64559 times

KingdingalingNL

Not as nailed on as Sky make it look as according to reports here PSV have not been approached officially yet! BUT!!!!! According to a friend who has contacts at PSV they are preparing for him to leave and are considering promoting John de Jong as his replacement! I really hope this comes off as Brands is a massive improvement on what we have at the club now! I also cannot see him working with Allardyce, so that also gives me hope!

April 15, 2018, 07:06:42 PM
Reply #1

KingdingalingNL

PSV have now drawn up a shortlist of 3 people to replace Brands ! It looks like itís on.

April 15, 2018, 11:17:01 PM
Reply #2

KingdingalingNL

I suppose with the money on offer he can't really afford to turn us down. We're everyone's meal ticket at the minute.

Thatís the good thing about Brands though! He doesnít care about the money, it has to be the challenge and also if he thinks he will feel at home! He has turned down jobs before to stay were he was, so that is why I would also be happy apart from the footballing side, he is a man with principles.

May 16, 2018, 10:08:50 PM
Reply #3

KingdingalingNL

My friend says he was already onboard and has already had talks over the future etc. He took his time to make it known so the focus was on PSV and now the season has ended he finished a couple of deals he was already working on for PSV, but he already has had an influence on Everton. He did not go into which influence it was but has talked multiple times. He also IS interested in bringing Lozano and Ziyech, he doesnít want to upset PSV so he doesnít know how hard he will try for Lozano and Ziyech is in talks with Roma so wether that will or will not come off is also uncertain. If he lets me know anything else I will let you guys know!

May 16, 2018, 10:31:21 PM
Reply #4

KingdingalingNL

I just can't express enough how much I want Ziyech to sign for us.

I am trying also to get info out of an ex Ajax player on Ziyech, but he is being a right dick! He either doesnít know anything or he is just messing with me he just keeps smiling and saying he doesnít know but in a way it looks as though he does know!!! He is normally straight forward and this is getting to me and he knows it.

May 29, 2018, 11:46:53 PM
Reply #5

KingdingalingNL

I live and work in Amsterdam and currently work with an AZ fan and an Ajax supporter (who is ridiculously knowledgeable about world football), both sing his praises. Naturally, we will have to see but the talk from my Dutch colleagues differs considerably from what has been posted earlier.

I think you will struggle to find anybody in Holland who does not respect Brands! I also did not understand the post or what they said as he is very well liked and respected by most supporters here!

We all do not know if he will be a success at Everton, but if he brings half of the dedication and knowledge of the game he has then we should be happy we have him! He is a workaholic and is very good at his job, at least we have someone in the role we know has experience in doing the job he has been employed to do, rather than Walsh.

As I said even I do not know if he will succeed, but I do know for sure Brands will do it to his best ability!

June 23, 2019, 04:53:14 PM
Reply #6

KingdingalingNL

If you ski in the alps it is full of Dutch and they have no hills so the busiest place is the hospital.

Hills yes, mountains no. The north is flat the south is not, but the Dutch are good skiers so donít really get the joke.

June 24, 2019, 01:15:52 AM
Reply #7

KingdingalingNL

Well it wasn't a joke it was first hand knowledge .Been there got the t-shirt .I love the Dutch but they are crazy on the snow/ice.

Ahh the been there got the t-shirt fact! I wouldnít know as when we all go on winter sport we snowboard and ski, we do not spend all our time in the hospital looking up nationalities as you seem to do. But everyone needs a hobby. So far not known anyone to come back injured so maybe itís not as bad as you think, seeing as you also thought there are no hills here.