October 31, 2020, 10:05:42 AM

Author Topic: Marcel Brands to Join Everton  (Read 105457 times)

May 17, 2018, 08:54:25 PM
Read 105457 times

Toddacelli

lolol

If only he had the legs for it!

You don't fly with your legs - you flap your arms!

Some people are so dumb!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 29, 2018, 07:41:26 PM
Reply #1

Toddacelli

Haha. Love the Alpha Male strut down the corridor.

Is anyone still in any doubt over who's house this is now?

April 03, 2019, 09:57:38 PM
Reply #2

Toddacelli

Great read even if the echo site has more add ons and pop ups than my laptop when I used to use lime wire
]
I get less pop-ups trying to watch us on dodgy streams!

June 23, 2019, 02:36:28 PM
Reply #3

Toddacelli

I don't mind the short-sleeved jumper and shirt combo - I just think he's not done it well.

Look at how the round jumper-collar rides up too high on the shirt-collar and how it stifles the look at the throat.

A narrower jumper collar, with possibly a v-neck front, would allow more expression of the shirt collar, allowing both garments to work together on this look. Currently they are competing with each other and that visual disharmony is part of the reason we are not comfortable with this ensemble.

June 24, 2019, 01:27:08 PM
Reply #4

Toddacelli

Oh lord, please let us sign someone soon so that we can talk about that instead.

Even the kit release would help at this point.

February 22, 2020, 05:06:44 AM
Reply #5

Toddacelli

July 12, 2020, 04:39:31 PM
Reply #6

Toddacelli

Watched Watford Newcastle yesterday.

Was watching Sarr thinking he looked a real player. Is this what watching our midfield has done to me?

July 14, 2020, 02:28:52 PM
Reply #7

Toddacelli

All this 'has to be a great window' it doesn't 'have' to be. We WANT it to be - maybe even need it to be a bit - but the cold hard facts are money, FFP, Covid and more.

This is Carlo's first window. He's no mug. He'll be involved. Between Don Carlo and Big Marcel, I think we'll see a difference this window. Not the overhaul that some people unreasonably seem to expect - we aren't going to buy Barcelona's midfield and sell all ours to Sunderland. But I do expect us to see a difference. Also - practically no pre-season this year, which considering some of our recent starts might be no bad thing - but I expect to see slow and painful progress from how we play at the start of next season to how well we play by the end. January might be interesting though!

My prediction/fervent prayer:

This window we see a difference.
Next season we see progress and maybe an interesting upturn in January window but ultimately, finishing stronger, better drilled and with more confidence. Carlo's revolution has begun
Next summer - some more key moves in and out and everyone is now jumping on the Brands/Ancelotti bandwagon.

It's not gonna be this window folks, it just isn't. Realistically - I think that what I put above is the best possible timeframe we can hope for and even then, I might be being a tad over-optimistic because, you know, shit happens.

Anyways - don't worry about it - you got this - you're strong - you're Blues - embrace the pain!   :hug:

August 11, 2020, 04:59:02 PM
Reply #8

Toddacelli

Can't believe Brands hasn't landed KDB yet. What, he decided to take a week off?

kdb+ is a column-based relational time series database with in-memory abilities, developed and marketed by Kx Systems. The database is commonly used in high-frequency trading to store, analyze, process, and retrieve large data sets at high speed.

September 14, 2020, 10:35:31 PM
Reply #9

Toddacelli

Not at all, just stuff like that is BS

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

How is it BS? It's just information. it also says that when we have more players that Brands brought in - we are more successful.

September 14, 2020, 10:56:09 PM
Reply #10

Toddacelli

Its not worth going into, lets just say I dont see how this is complimentary to Brands, but happy with the business we have done and hopefully we continue to progress on the pitch like yesterday

There's nowt as queer as folk.

I don't see how it can't be complimentary to Brands. But it would be a boring world if we were all the same.

September 14, 2020, 11:59:30 PM
Reply #11

Toddacelli

And that's a fair enough argument. Like I said I'm happy with where we are and thats the main thing, I just found it strange attributing success to someone based on how rare players he signed are used?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

I don't think it was attributing success on how rarely they were used - it was saying when we did eventually use them (manager's culpability) we were actually successful.

Anyways - it's just proved that what you write can be read differently than you intended. So, on that note - can anyone tell me if this is the correct spelling please - "Cockwomble"  - I need the right spelling as it is for a work email and I need to appear professional.

October 06, 2020, 05:46:14 PM
Reply #12

Toddacelli

We wouldn't have brought any goalkeeper in unless we thought they could replace Pickford. He may not take his chances but I'm guessing he'll get a chance.

Yeah - he's not been bought for the U23s lolol

October 07, 2020, 03:12:32 AM
Reply #13

Toddacelli

The fact itís taken 3 years to shape the team shows the absolute mess Walsh left us in.

Pretty sure it was a 3 year projection when he started too, so heís fully on track.

Hope we tie him down to a new contract, because it definitely feels as though thereís more to come. Excited to see where this project goes.

Can't see him going anywhere before the new stadium and our current upwards trajectory could mean he stays a lot longer.