October 20, 2019, 06:18:56 AM

Author Topic: Marcel Brands to Join Everton  (Read 64803 times)

May 17, 2018, 04:19:03 PM
Reply #30

Lxxx

True

Our biggest problem is being able to attract the players we can now afford.

Stinks of Man city pre-glory days.

I’d be happy to follow that path though.

Or go the other way and create a club that is attractive to players who are hungry enough to see us a potential stepping stone to the bigger clubs. Lukaku worked out well for us, he progressed and delivered while he was here we just wasted the money instead of identifying the next one. Same with Stones.

May 17, 2018, 04:32:28 PM
Reply #31

Lxxx

Hearing two different accounts here.

Brands has got Rooney to stay next season.

Alternatively, he's off to DC United, was all sorted yesterday 3 1/2 year deal and gonna do his badges.

I reckon one of them is correct.

May 17, 2018, 05:50:13 PM
Reply #32

Lxxx

Probably sounded a bit negative then, which I am far from being it's just the figures needed to make a move up the league have gone even further into the stratosphere. Who would have thought Kyle Walker would be worth £50 million, he has had a good season but £50 million!

I even fired FM18 up for the first time since Allardyce was appointed not even looked at it since then, that's how much it ruined professional football for me.

So we create the right environment to identify and nurture the next Kyle Walker then and play in a style that makes it easier for them to progress. Danny Rose will probably go for £50m this summer too. Stones went for £50m. Lukaku £100m all in. There's a sustainable business model there which enhances performance on the pitch too with young ambitious players.

May 24, 2018, 04:51:00 AM
Reply #33

Lxxx

Fills that jacket and those trousers doesn’t he. All the women in the office are defo putting an extra layer of slap on before they come in work starting from next week.

May 29, 2018, 03:07:40 PM
Reply #34

Lxxx

We are not asking this guy to give us the world, all we merely want him to do is to just simply do his job properly as a director of football.

Walsh failed miserably as he was basically a glorified scout who was way out of his depth and did not know what he was doing.

We have just appointed a guy with over 8 years experience doing the role. I now fully expect us to be run like a business and not a circus like last season.

I think this is the crux of it. We just need him to do the job that it was designed to do. He's not picking or coaching the players, he just needs to put in place a strategy and a system that delivers what the manager and the club needs long term.

May 29, 2018, 05:58:13 PM
Reply #35

Lxxx

Yeah, not expecting him to completely change the club overnight. Everything he's said has contained the word 'long term' numerous times so it might be some time before structural and more fundamental changes are even noticeable.

I take your points, but conversely he will have a higher budget than he had previously so he might also have access to players he would've wanted to sign for PSV but couldn't afford, or perhaps couldn't get them to come to Holland.

I just think saying 'his skills aren't transferable' is a bit of a nonsense comment.

Yes you would think his methodology, systems, approach and structure would all be transferrable. It's just the details that change.

Walsh was being asked to carry out a role without any existing brief, with no prior knowledge or experience of how to approach it and no-one with any clue looking over his shoulder to tell him if he was even in the right ball park or not.

I'm less concerned about the future now we have someone with experience of forward planning at the helm.

May 29, 2018, 09:50:35 PM
Reply #36

Lxxx

Each to his own mate. I find all that alpha male, Big Marcel and "have you heard his interview" things a bit cringey.

It's called humour with a side dish of Partridge thrown in for good measure. You seem like the type of guy who prefers his laughs in an American accent, in which case I can't help you.

May 29, 2018, 09:55:19 PM
Reply #37

Lxxx

April 02, 2019, 03:39:43 PM
Reply #38

Lxxx

Sensible thinking finally.

April 02, 2019, 04:28:05 PM
Reply #39

Lxxx

Saw an image of him last night on Twitter on the train on his laptop catching up on, what it looked like, some Football Manager in his downtime.

April 02, 2019, 07:12:35 PM
Reply #40

Lxxx

We signed a deal back in 2008 to use the FM database to scout players.

Yeh I thought we did. We must have lost the Login details.

April 03, 2019, 06:52:52 PM
Reply #41

Lxxx

Light years away from the Walsh and Koeman relationship.

June 20, 2019, 06:45:58 PM
Reply #42

Lxxx

Really disappointing that.

June 27, 2019, 09:25:45 PM
Reply #43

Lxxx

https://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/logic-and-a-long-term-view-how-marcel-brands-has-got-everton-back-on-track/

Good read that. Encapsulates the feeling amongst us at the minute, that we're moving in the right direction under a man with a plan.