October 17, 2019, 12:05:44 PM

Author Topic: Marcel Brands to Join Everton  (Read 64696 times)

April 10, 2018, 03:38:48 AM
Read 64696 times

American Evertonian

The Echo would love us to be stuck with the Allardyce/Walsh dreamteam, so I bet they collectively creamed themselves when they picked up this little quote. 

Why do you say that?
Are we there yet?

April 10, 2018, 07:33:14 PM
Reply #1

American Evertonian

The clue is in the name, Liverpool echo, they don't give a shiny shite about us

They have their own dedicated Everton beat writers. As a business you want more people reading your articles, so it would be in their best interest to have both Everton and Liverpool being successful.
Are we there yet?

April 10, 2018, 07:36:59 PM
Reply #2

American Evertonian

Yeah, you'd think that, wouldn't you?

The writers don't overlap from what I've been able to tell so I hardly think there is an objective of undermining the club.

And as someone mentioned earlier about it being in the name, it's the city paper. What would people rather it be named? 🤷🏼‍♂️
Are we there yet?

April 10, 2018, 10:26:03 PM
Reply #3

American Evertonian

Their own dedicated Everton writers who wouldn't dream of ever saying anything risky about out lovely neighbours, the Liverpool journo's however constantly slag us off, James Pearce is the worst at it

I don't read their Liverpool section so I can't really comment on that at all. However, their team is better than ours right now and many of us would take their players (or a majority of them) over ours. Easy to say bad things about us when we are bad and Big Sam is our manager. The stories kind of write themselves.
Are we there yet?

April 17, 2018, 10:04:13 PM
Reply #4

American Evertonian

I think he will come. Wasn't it Myers that said that after they won the championship that he would make his intent and decision known?

I expect him to be signed on by this time next month (or at least confirmed that he will join after this season).
Are we there yet?

May 17, 2018, 12:54:52 AM
Reply #5

American Evertonian

Walsh gone completely has made my day.  I didn't want him lingering, even in a basement office playing solitaire.

Unless someone can show me concrete evidence otherwise, I have to assume that's what he was hired to do in the first place.
Are we there yet?

May 17, 2018, 04:19:15 AM
Reply #6

American Evertonian

Walsh had a couple of nice holidays on us so it's not all bad for him

Like that trip to Milan to negotiate sales.....Apprently just for Italian suits and not Italian players.
Are we there yet?

June 27, 2019, 10:16:59 PM
Reply #7

American Evertonian

Breathe out and relax. Is that the feeling everyone else gets when reading anything about Brands?

It is exactly as the article says, I feel we have someone who is overseeing the club with only it's best, long term, interests at heart. Of course, I want to hear about new signings but that is more to do with alleviating the summer boredom. Deep down, I know that whatever we do will be the right thing. Nothing desparate, no crazy fees, just good solid business done with a plan in mind.

I wish he was looking after my finances!

I wish he was looking after my life. I'd follow his directions blindly and probably die the happiest man this planet has ever known.
Are we there yet?