October 23, 2019, 07:27:53 PM

Author Topic: Marcel Brands to Join Everton  (Read 64957 times)

June 27, 2019, 07:51:27 PM
Reply #855

Bluedylan

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

June 27, 2019, 09:25:45 PM
Reply #856

Lxxx

https://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/logic-and-a-long-term-view-how-marcel-brands-has-got-everton-back-on-track/

Good read that. Encapsulates the feeling amongst us at the minute, that we're moving in the right direction under a man with a plan.

June 27, 2019, 09:43:15 PM
Reply #857

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
Breathe out and relax. Is that the feeling everyone else gets when reading anything about Brands?

It is exactly as the article says, I feel we have someone who is overseeing the club with only it's best, long term, interests at heart. Of course, I want to hear about new signings but that is more to do with alleviating the summer boredom. Deep down, I know that whatever we do will be the right thing. Nothing desparate, no crazy fees, just good solid business done with a plan in mind.

I wish he was looking after my finances!
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

June 27, 2019, 10:16:59 PM
Reply #858

American Evertonian

Breathe out and relax. Is that the feeling everyone else gets when reading anything about Brands?

It is exactly as the article says, I feel we have someone who is overseeing the club with only it's best, long term, interests at heart. Of course, I want to hear about new signings but that is more to do with alleviating the summer boredom. Deep down, I know that whatever we do will be the right thing. Nothing desparate, no crazy fees, just good solid business done with a plan in mind.

I wish he was looking after my finances!

I wish he was looking after my life. I'd follow his directions blindly and probably die the happiest man this planet has ever known.
Are we there yet?

June 27, 2019, 10:24:51 PM
Reply #859

ally2

I'm a fan of what he's done so far but that's easy when times are good. I do think it's one of those roles where someone probably gets slightly more credit or criticism than they deserve based upon results. A bit like an assistant manger does or first team coaches.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 10:26:07 PM by ally2 »

June 27, 2019, 10:28:44 PM
Reply #860

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
I'm a fan of what he's done so far but that's easy when times are good. I do think it's one of those roles where someone probably gets slightly more credit or criticism than they deserve based upon results. A bit like an assistant manger does or first team coaches.
So you are comparing Brands with Boa Morte .... serious ??

June 27, 2019, 10:29:39 PM
Reply #861

ally2

So you are comparing Brands with Boa Morte .... serious ??

No

July 04, 2019, 05:52:33 PM
Reply #862

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Paul Joyce has apparently stated in an article that Brands was wanted three years ago but good old Ronald vetoed it.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 04, 2019, 05:56:00 PM
Reply #863

Macca77

Paul Joyce has apparently stated in an article that Brands was wanted three years ago but good old Ronald vetoed it.

This isn't why I have my notifications on Paul

Announce Mbappe

July 04, 2019, 06:22:22 PM
Reply #864

Nicco

And he is still getting paid by us...

Should owe us money for almost ruining the club the cockwomble.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Jönköpings Södra IF

July 04, 2019, 10:05:38 PM
Reply #865

gizzblue

Wonder if that has anything to do with Brands binning him off in a former job . :thumbsup:
Born not made a blue .

July 04, 2019, 11:12:45 PM
Reply #866

Bluedylan

Wonder if that has anything to do with Brands binning him off in a former job . :thumbsup:

Might also be because Brands seems to value some degree of professional competence over golfing holidays and brasses from Ellesmere Port.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 04, 2019, 11:42:12 PM
Reply #867

Evertonian in NC

Brands is an absolute Godsend.  Gives us a much-needed sense of purpose and stability.  Short-term thinking is ruinous, and I hope Moshiri has learned that lesson now.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 05, 2019, 12:53:56 AM
Reply #868

sam of the south

I actually hate Koeman, which is pathetic, I know
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

July 05, 2019, 01:08:00 AM
Reply #869

Cozzie

I do feel as though we are indeed in good hands with Brands.