September 24, 2020, 04:23:59 AM

Author Topic: Marcel Brands to Join Everton  (Read 97132 times)

July 13, 2020, 03:33:54 AM
Reply #45

sam of the south

Honestly if you read enough of KNT's posts you can't tell fact from fiction any longer. :cheers:

KNT is divisive, for me, as I may be for him; Sometimes I wholeheartedly agree with 10 posts of his in a row, only to then disagree with the next flurry. We are all spitballing and winging it on here, really.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

July 13, 2020, 04:03:51 AM
Reply #46

sam of the south

Big issue is just not signing players who play in the positions we need them. Remember that season we ended up with loads of number 10s. Was weird that

Koeman & Walsh, ladies and gentleman.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

July 13, 2020, 04:44:31 AM
Reply #47

sam of the south

I can’t bloody find it. Been looking for it for ages.
Click the little downward arrow next to your username upper right corner. Forum Profile > Modify Profile > Buddies/Ignore List.

Don't say I never did anything for you.

This made me a bit sad.
Henry David Thoreau

July 20, 2020, 12:07:19 AM
Reply #48

sam of the south

Didn’t realise George Hirst went to Leicester.

That’s three highly rated youngsters that we supposedly looked at, in Maddison, Justin, and Hirst, who all ended up going there.

The sooner Brands is ‘allowed’ to revamp our youth and Under 23 set up, the better.
Henry David Thoreau

July 20, 2020, 02:01:10 AM
Reply #49

sam of the south

Hirst went to Leicester's feeder club in Belgium first too I think.

Smart club who've rode through some stinkers by keeping the hits coming. Mahrez, Kante, Gray, Maddison, Pereira, Kelechi, Soyuncu..

Yeah, he did.

They should be a reachable model for us to copy.
Henry David Thoreau

July 20, 2020, 05:10:41 AM
Reply #50

sam of the south

Maybe we could poach their chief scout...

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Haha, did he used to be a PE teacher..?
Henry David Thoreau

August 25, 2020, 10:55:39 PM
Reply #51

sam of the south

You think? Maybe Mina & Gomes, I don't know if too many would say 22-year-old Iwobi was 'established.' Bernard definitely not unless you followed Ukrainian footy.

Bernard was well known for Brazil, and was very much a young player to watch when he came on the scene.

Iwobi was 23 when we got him, and now 24.
Henry David Thoreau

August 31, 2020, 03:12:33 AM
Reply #52

sam of the south

Fucking head case you, so England’s no 1 is the worst keeper in the league ? Ffs

You quoted yourself, and it looked like you were arguing, with yourself 😁

It was rather amusing.
Henry David Thoreau

August 31, 2020, 05:00:50 AM
Reply #53

sam of the south

On Pickford he's got to be pound for pound the worst in the league, when we're paying over fifty grand a week for him plus the twenty odd million transfer fee.

You can double that £50k
Henry David Thoreau

September 09, 2020, 02:03:04 AM
Reply #54

sam of the south

Not particularly, I try to look at things objectively and with an open mind, but I think there are quite a few double standards on here.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Oh come on, Walt, you’ve always had a hard on for Koeman, and an immediate disliking of Brands.
Henry David Thoreau