December 17, 2018, 08:49:35 PM

Poll

Who do you want as Everton manager?

Author Topic: [News]Who will be Everton boss next season?  (Read 30779 times)

April 19, 2018, 03:34:53 PM
Reply #15

Ross

Think if itís not Silva considering how much we pursued him only 5 months ago itís raises more questions about the current owners judgement and long term strategy.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 19, 2018, 03:47:54 PM
Reply #16

Lxxx

Interesting opinion there. The thing that irks me about Silva is the amount of moves he's had. I don't feel the loyalty or long termness.

A lot of his moves have been forced on him though, in his defence.

April 19, 2018, 03:51:41 PM
Reply #17

Macca77

Silva is the obvious choice, his last couple of months at Watford should be ignored, his head was turned by us, he wanted to come here, could he handle the pressure though, that's the biggest question.

Fonseca has won everything with Shakhtar, but its a very poor league, reminds me of the Scottish Prem, one good team and the rest very average.

April 19, 2018, 04:11:54 PM
Reply #18

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Think if itís not Silva considering how much we pursued him only 5 months ago itís raises more questions about the current owners judgement and long term strategy.

Potentially.

It may also be that he was the best option sending signals he would be willing to come at the time.
Now (because it's the end of the season) better options have become available?

I think it's a little bit of both to be honest.
Koeman would likely have got similar results to Unsworth (and then Allardyce to be honest). So the board were definitely knee-jerk and casting about a bit back then.
But that doesn't mean that they haven't now taken a breath and decided on a better course of action.

April 19, 2018, 04:12:41 PM
Reply #19

BlueMaquis

Silva is known as an obsessive hands on coach who before games does walkthroughs of how he wants his players to position themselves during different phases of play. He had both Hull and Watford working meticulously on different elements of the games such as throw ins or corners in an effort to be fully prepared for each game. His training sessions are supposed to be very intense with a lot of work with some fearing he overworks the players to get things exactly how he wants them. There are stories of him using hotel conference rooms as mini pitches to work on the team shape with his players whilst on away trips

This is exactly what we've lacked with the last couple of managers. And Martinez just told the players to go out there and "express themselves".

Our squad would definitely benefit from this kind of guidance.

April 19, 2018, 05:04:33 PM
Reply #20

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Silva is the obvious choice, his last couple of months at Watford should be ignored, his head was turned by us, he wanted to come here, could he handle the pressure though, that's the biggest question.

Fonseca has won everything with Shakhtar, but its a very poor league, reminds me of the Scottish Prem, one good team and the rest very average.

Fonseca has also produced results in the Champions League for Shakhtar, which gives him extra kudos. Plus, he's sexy as fuck, which is important in any manager.

My only concern is that he's moved about a bit - managed 9 teams in 11 years I think, although I believe some were short-term positions.

April 19, 2018, 05:04:35 PM
Reply #21

Waltzer

Granted, but I think thats a little harsh on him. He also got out of a CL group that included Napoli, Man Ciry and Feyenord in it, beating City in the process and only lost out to Rome on away goals rule, I cant remember too many Scottish teams that have done that? He also won the cup with Braga and if goals scored are a sign of entertainment since 2012 his teams have played 252 games scoring 449 goals and he hasnt always managed the best club in a poor league.

April 19, 2018, 05:06:57 PM
Reply #22

Macca77

Fonseca has also produced results in the Champions League for Shakhtar, which gives him extra kudos. Plus, he's sexy as fuck, which is important in any manager.

My only concern is that he's moved about a bit - managed 9 teams in 11 years I think, although I believe some were short-term positions.

He's an absolute dream boat, there will be plenty of slippy seats at Goodison if he gets the job.

April 19, 2018, 05:11:52 PM
Reply #23

Macca77

Granted, but I think thats a little harsh on him. He also got out of a CL group that included Napoli, Man Ciry and Feyenord in it, beating City in the process and only lost out to Rome on away goals rule, I cant remember too many Scottish teams that have done that? He also won the cup with Braga and if goals scored are a sign of entertainment since 2012 his teams have played 252 games scoring 449 goals and he hasnt always managed the best club in a poor league.

This doesn't matter though, I think we've now established that the only thing that matters is that he's sexy, he rocked the fuck out of that Zoro outfit as well.

Ticks all the boxes for me.

April 19, 2018, 05:28:21 PM
Reply #24

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
A lot of his moves have been forced on him though, in his defence.

Not sure that's a defence to be honest.

He'd certainly be an upgrade on what we have though. And to be fair, we've nearly had as many managers the past couple of years as he's moved around since becoming a manager himself.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

April 19, 2018, 05:37:04 PM
Reply #25

Evertonian in NC

I'm completely fine with him as a fallback to Fonseca.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 19, 2018, 05:56:43 PM
Reply #26

Macca77

April 19, 2018, 05:57:09 PM
Reply #27

Ross

Potentially.

It may also be that he was the best option sending signals he would be willing to come at the time.
Now (because it's the end of the season) better options have become available?

I think it's a little bit of both to be honest.
Koeman would likely have got similar results to Unsworth (and then Allardyce to be honest). So the board were definitely knee-jerk and casting about a bit back then.
But that doesn't mean that they haven't now taken a breath and decided on a better course of action.

I donít see how you can go from sacking Koeman and saying the next manager coming in is the one you want to be here for the next five years at least, then going all out very publicly for Silva, offering numerous record breaking compensation packages to Watford and top tier managerial wages to Silva, to him getting the boot 10 games later and us arriving here 5 months down the line and itís all changed though really if Allardyce gets the bullet.

Weíve shown our intent with the massive money we tried to tempt him and Watford with, he was the man Moshiri clearly wanted to lead us forward. Throwing your 5 year strategy out that was based around a new manager five months down the line would be the essence of knee jerking, again.

I just canít see how it cant be Silva all of a sudden to be honest Mick. Itís not like Guardiola or Mourinho will be coming in, a surefire hit manager. Whoever it is will be a punt and if Silva was worthy of gambling £15m compensation on in November howís that suddenly change now, especially as heís unemployed and has no attachments now.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 19, 2018, 06:43:53 PM
Reply #28

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I donít see how you can go from sacking Koeman and saying the next manager coming in is the one you want to be here for the next five years at least, then going all out very publicly for Silva, offering numerous record breaking compensation packages to Watford and top tier managerial wages to Silva, to him getting the boot 10 games later and us arriving here 5 months down the line and itís all changed though really if Allardyce gets the bullet.

Weíve shown our intent with the massive money we tried to tempt him and Watford with, he was the man Moshiri clearly wanted to lead us forward. Throwing your 5 year strategy out that was based around a new manager five months down the line would be the essence of knee jerking, again.

I just canít see how it cant be Silva all of a sudden to be honest Mick. Itís not like Guardiola or Mourinho will be coming in, a surefire hit manager. Whoever it is will be a punt and if Silva was worthy of gambling £15m compensation on in November howís that suddenly change now, especially as heís unemployed and has no attachments now.

You can't see it because you have developed a bit of a blind spot when it comes to Moshiri.

Maybe Moshiri didn't want a short-term appointment and the only manager with the credentials to take us forward *that seemed to be available at that time* was Silva.
As that didn't pan out and no other manager on our list was available we went for a proper plan B - an 18 month contract for someone who, 100%, wouldn't see us dragged into a real relegation fight.

Now its the summer and when we have gone back to our list to see if Silva is still the only available manager it has come to our attention that there are better names *that were not open to overtures mid-season* are now batting their eyelids at Moshiris wallet.

April 19, 2018, 07:05:22 PM
Reply #29

Ross

You can't see it because you have developed a bit of a blind spot when it comes to Moshiri.

Maybe Moshiri didn't want a short-term appointment and the only manager with the credentials to take us forward *that seemed to be available at that time* was Silva.
As that didn't pan out and no other manager on our list was available we went for a proper plan B - an 18 month contract for someone who, 100%, wouldn't see us dragged into a real relegation fight.

Now its the summer and when we have gone back to our list to see if Silva is still the only available manager it has come to our attention that there are better names *that were not open to overtures mid-season* are now batting their eyelids at Moshiris wallet.

If Moshiri was doing things right instead of having a touch of the Tony Fernandez about him theyíd be no need to criticise him.

Thereís nothing wrong with having a plan and sticking to it, if it was deemed a good enough plan to sack Koeman and commit our future to 5 months ago it should be a good enough plan now. Circumstances havenít changed for the worse theyíve only got better since then. But chopping and changing on a whim like we have done since he took the reigns will only see us in more trouble.