December 16, 2018, 05:12:32 AM

Poll

Who do you want as Everton manager?

Author Topic: [News]Who will be Everton boss next season?  (Read 30693 times)

May 16, 2018, 08:50:43 PM
Reply #570

KoemansNumberTens

Found this on another Clubís forum. If these stats are right you have to wonder if silva is the right choice

My impression of Silva is good, but I've been taking a look at a few stats and I've become a little more cautious.

Paul Clement and Marco Silva took over their respective clubs after 20 matches with Swansea on 15, Hull on 13 in 16/17. Swansea finished on 41 and survived, Hull went down with 34. A 2 point gap became 7. Now I would say that Swansea had a stronger squad but I'd have a hard time saying that Silva did the better job of the 2.

Swansea again from this season and Carvalhal took over on 13 points from 20, exactly the same as Silva did at Hull. Ended up on 33 instead of Silva's 34. A similar job.

At Watford:
Mazzari = 40 points from 38 = 1.05 points per game
Silva = 26 from 24, 1.08
Gracia = 15 from 14, 1.07

I don't think Everton would be interested in any of Clement, Carvalhal, Mazzari or Gracia. Silva hasn't definitively proved that he's better than any of them are in English football at least so it's more risky than I possibly first thought.

We can say he's better than Mike Phelan though!

May 16, 2018, 08:58:24 PM
Reply #571

Bluedylan

Found this on another Clubís forum. If these stats are right you have to wonder if silva is the right choice

My impression of Silva is good, but I've been taking a look at a few stats and I've become a little more cautious.

Paul Clement and Marco Silva took over their respective clubs after 20 matches with Swansea on 15, Hull on 13 in 16/17. Swansea finished on 41 and survived, Hull went down with 34. A 2 point gap became 7. Now I would say that Swansea had a stronger squad but I'd have a hard time saying that Silva did the better job of the 2.

Swansea again from this season and Carvalhal took over on 13 points from 20, exactly the same as Silva did at Hull. Ended up on 33 instead of Silva's 34. A similar job.

At Watford:
Mazzari = 40 points from 38 = 1.05 points per game
Silva = 26 from 24, 1.08
Gracia = 15 from 14, 1.07

I don't think Everton would be interested in any of Clement, Carvalhal, Mazzari or Gracia. Silva hasn't definitively proved that he's better than any of them are in English football at least so it's more risky than I possibly first thought.

We can say he's better than Mike Phelan though!

He took over a team with an 11% win record in Hull, and during his time it was a 37% win record, which would've been enough to keep them up comfortably. His only competent striker was Oumar Niasse. Have a look at the state of that Hull squad from 16/17. He resigned the job. They wanted to keep him in the Championship.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 16, 2018, 09:03:03 PM
Reply #572

dunkster

The biggest issue with silva is exactly what's being discussed here. How few bad results will it take before all this is thrown up in his face?
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 16, 2018, 09:07:02 PM
Reply #573

Bluedylan

The biggest issue with silva is exactly what's being discussed here. How few bad results will it take before all this is thrown up in his face?

Whoever it is will have to hit the ground running, it feels like. We're a dissatisfied bunch (with some justification in some ways, and probably a bit OTT in other ways).

It could really do with Professor Barrett-Baxendale or Moshiri coming out with a long, detailed statement when we appoint the new manager, talking about the plan, the direction, having some patience to build it etc.

Again, communication is vital and we don't do it very well. Fans will buy in and get on board with temporary setbacks, if they understand the bigger picture and understand the thinking going into that bigger picture.

May 16, 2018, 09:18:38 PM
Reply #574

TheTone

Silva still 4/11 with Paddypower

who's gonna lash 11K on to win 4K

go on the lads

May 16, 2018, 09:19:45 PM
Reply #575

sam of the south

Whoever it is will have to hit the ground running, it feels like. We're a dissatisfied bunch (with some justification in some ways, and probably a bit OTT in other ways).

It could really do with Professor Barrett-Baxendale or Moshiri coming out with a long, detailed statement when we appoint the new manager, talking about the plan, the direction, having some patience to build it etc.

Again, communication is vital and we don't do it very well. Fans will buy in and get on board with temporary setbacks, if they understand the bigger picture and understand the thinking going into that bigger picture.

Drop your CV in, my son 👌🏼;)

Everton Head Of Communications:
B Muthafuckiní D 💥
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

May 16, 2018, 09:21:08 PM
Reply #576

Bluedylan

Drop your CV in, my son 👌🏼;)

Everton Head Of Communications:
B Muthafuckiní D 💥

I'd be fired within a couple of hours for using the word 'fuckwit' in official club communications, mate. Thanks for the vote of confidence though.

May 16, 2018, 09:23:16 PM
Reply #577

sam of the south

I'd be fired within a couple of hours for using the word 'fuckwit' in official club communications, mate. Thanks for the vote of confidence though.

That sort of flagrancy hasnít hampered the rise of the orange man
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

May 16, 2018, 09:35:42 PM
Reply #578

KoemansNumberTens

Silva still 4/11 with Paddypower

who's gonna lash 11K on to win 4K

go on the lads

If you tried they'd give you 11 quid at 4to11 and the rest at 1to20

May 16, 2018, 09:38:54 PM
Reply #579

Tofifee

One from left field but..............Frank Rijkard anyone...?

May 16, 2018, 09:42:51 PM
Reply #580

dunkster

So Brands apparently gonna be the guy who chooses our new manager.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 16, 2018, 09:56:26 PM
Reply #581

Macca77

May 16, 2018, 09:58:39 PM
Reply #582

Lazarou

Everton, ruining the transfer market since summer 2018

May 16, 2018, 10:07:45 PM
Reply #583

Gash

Global Moderator

No.

May 16, 2018, 10:19:59 PM
Reply #584

KingdingalingNL

Did well at Barcelona with a team anybody would do well with, other than that he has done nothing. He is a big name based on his playing days as a manager not impressed at all.