November 20, 2018, 11:27:48 AM

Poll

Who do you want as Everton manager?

Author Topic: [News]Who will be Everton boss next season?  (Read 29841 times)

April 19, 2018, 06:24:42 AM
Read 29841 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Interesting opinion there. The thing that irks me about Silva is the amount of moves he's had. I don't feel the loyalty or long termness.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

April 19, 2018, 08:44:45 AM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Fair enough but he's only ever quit one club.

Which is even worse if he's been made to leave.

“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

April 19, 2018, 05:28:21 PM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
A lot of his moves have been forced on him though, in his defence.

Not sure that's a defence to be honest.

He'd certainly be an upgrade on what we have though. And to be fair, we've nearly had as many managers the past couple of years as he's moved around since becoming a manager himself.

May 11, 2018, 05:58:05 PM
Reply #3

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Moyes has already taken the West Ham job before Koeman got the boot I think. Otherwise I think he would have been nailed on to come here till the end of the season.

Moyes took over at West Ham on 7 Nov. Ron got the boot on 23 Oct.

I think we were still thinking we could get someone good at the time and finally relented to Fat Sam on 30 Nov.

May 11, 2018, 06:30:05 PM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Ah right, I knew it was around about the same time. I remember still digesting the Koeman exit and seeing Moyes pop up there and thinking I wonder If he’d been touch with Kenwright offering his services behind the scenes.

A choice between the two and I would have preferred Moyes and I think his name was on the bookies shortlist. I had to go back and look at the dates to see the exact timeline, but when Moyes was appointed I think we still thought we were going to get someone decent.

May 15, 2018, 07:38:19 PM
Reply #5

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Still cautious about Silva, but if it's him, I'll give him my backing like I did for Sam (which lasted a few weeks I admit). Every manager deserves a chance.

Can't say it will be the most inspiring or exciting appointment, but it was years since we did make an exciting managerial appointment.

Can't see what the delay in hiring would be though. Watford sacked him. They didn't have to.

May 16, 2018, 07:01:24 AM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I skipped 109 posts and now we’re getting points docked and a huge fine? Lol what the hell for? We didn’t do anything wrong.

May 16, 2018, 08:42:51 AM
Reply #7

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
If there’s any punishment to be handed out, I think we’ve already served our time. 6 months of Allardyce is punishment enough.

May 16, 2018, 04:32:19 PM
Reply #8

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Sounds like a new manager might be a month or so away given the Prof saying a new manager will be appointed this summer. Given summer doesn’t start til 21st June it could be a frustrating time again.

May 16, 2018, 10:57:33 PM
Reply #9

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Did well at Barcelona with a team anybody would do well with, other than that he has done nothing. He is a big name based on his playing days as a manager not impressed at all.

Plus I think he played centrally, not on the left...

May 17, 2018, 01:02:11 AM
Reply #10

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
My first choice would be Mr Emery.

May 17, 2018, 07:56:03 AM
Reply #11

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

May 17, 2018, 08:38:39 PM
Reply #12

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
So Sammy Lee is a possibility then?

It's great we get back to legitimately hating his guts again.

May 17, 2018, 09:02:11 PM
Reply #13

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone who ever stopped, even a little, needs to have a word with themselves.  :D

Well, he was supposedly "one of us" briefly.

I like to think of this past 6 months as a tumor that grew and Mosh cut it out. Just took a bit longer as it was on the NHS. If it was private, it would have been out well before Christmas.

May 17, 2018, 11:14:28 PM
Reply #14

blargins

NSNO Subscriber