December 10, 2018, 07:17:44 PM

Poll

Who do you want as Everton manager?

Author Topic: [News]Who will be Everton boss next season?  (Read 30468 times)

April 19, 2018, 03:27:58 PM
Read 30468 times

Waltzer

I think if we got Silva or Fonseca we'd be entertained more, but we'd also take some big beatings against the teams who have a similar attacking philosophy but better players, like Ciry, Spurs and Liverpool, that is until we got players who were more adept at playing that style. Im relatively pragmatic about this appointment and our chances of winning something arent going to exponentially increase overnight by appointing either, but at least the fans would get something back with free flowing, attacking football, which would be a refreshing change

April 19, 2018, 05:04:35 PM
Reply #1

Waltzer

Fonseca has won everything with Shakhtar, but its a very poor league, reminds me of the Scottish Prem, one good team and the rest very average.

Granted, but I think thats a little harsh on him. He also got out of a CL group that included Napoli, Man Ciry and Feyenord in it, beating City in the process and only lost out to Rome on away goals rule, I cant remember too many Scottish teams that have done that? He also won the cup with Braga and if goals scored are a sign of entertainment since 2012 his teams have played 252 games scoring 449 goals and he hasnt always managed the best club in a poor league.

April 20, 2018, 04:05:02 PM
Reply #2

Waltzer

I've heard that Fonseca, Silva, Eddie Howe and Arteta are on our list.

Probably add Wenger to that now hes said hes leaving Arsenal

April 30, 2018, 06:20:57 PM
Reply #3

Waltzer

The problem with silva as he went to get fired shortly afterwards. Relegated with one team, fired from the next.
It's a gamble

And his record is s**t too

May 16, 2018, 02:57:39 PM
Reply #4

Waltzer

I find the whole thing a little boring tbh, name me any club in the world that hasnt tapped up there current manager or future managers! Moyes even let his contract run down has he'd been tapped up, it happens all the time, its how you work out whether its worth pursuing.
I do think Watford will get compensation and thatll be the end of it, we had to pay Crystal Palace 2 million to have Sam so id expect it to be between 6 and 10 million and then we move on.

May 16, 2018, 05:13:01 PM
Reply #5

Waltzer

Heads falling off everywhere.

WATFORD

SACKED

SILVA

say it or read itís slowly and let it sink in.

WE

WONT

NEED

TO

PAY

COMPENSATION

OR

HAVE

DEDUCTED

say it or read it slowly and let it sink in.

Pick your head up off the floor and chill the fuck out.

Fat Sam has left the building.

Sam wasnt working at Crystal Palace and had the England spell in between yet we still had to pay them compensation? There will be clauses galore within his contract, similar to what Sam had which stated he couldnt work for another Premiership club within a certain amount of time if leaving or being dismissed. Its their way of ensuring they get money back for terminating his contract and having to pay him compensation

May 16, 2018, 07:12:19 PM
Reply #6

Waltzer

One of the major positives for me if Silva does get the job is I think we'll see how good the likes of Lookman, Vlasic and even Klassen really are. Could see Lookman especially playing a key role in our attacking play, if nothing else im looking forward to seeing some decent attacking football.

May 16, 2018, 08:22:09 PM
Reply #7

Waltzer

Looks like Fonseca is staying at Shakhtar?

But, according to Portugese outlet O Jogo (via SportWitness ), Fonseca has rejected an offer from the Hammers to take over at the London Stadium.

The report claims that the Portugese manager has instead elected to stay at Shakhtar for two more years, with an announcement over a new deal expected in the coming days.

That could be a blow to Everton if confirmed, although there are believed to be multiple names on the club's shortlist.

May 17, 2018, 08:02:25 PM
Reply #8

Waltzer

I voted for Fonseca, but id rather have Howe over Silva. Think hes done remarkably well with Bournemouth, hes also an Evertonian

May 18, 2018, 02:54:00 PM
Reply #9

Waltzer

Someone was talking on the radio yesterday about Emery going to Arsenal and one of those many experts ruled it out completely stating that Emery really struggled with the lingo in France, and for that reason, he couldn't see him coming to any team in the Prem, he could only see him returning to Spain.

I never believe stuff like this, its not like the PSG team is full of French players, there are Brazilians, Uruguayans, Italians, Germans, Belgians and Spanish to name a few, it was probably the same when he was with Sevilla. Who cares if he cant talk to the press, Pochetino seemed to do okay for years with a translator. What matters is communicating on the pitch and regardless of where you go you'll have massive diversity and language barriers.

May 18, 2018, 03:25:03 PM
Reply #10

Waltzer

Yeah but he was fucked trying to order his morning croissant- kept getting a bagel with cream cheese instead.

Apologies, thats a whole different kettle of fish then, completely understandable :)

May 18, 2018, 07:02:26 PM
Reply #11

Waltzer

Said it before, I'll say it again... Kenwright won't have Benitez at the helm. Not in a million years.

Weve stooped lower than a snakes belly with the last appointment, nothing would surprise me now and its clear Kenwright doesnt make any decisions at Everton!