December 10, 2018, 10:12:04 PM

Poll

Who do you want as Everton manager?

Author Topic: [News]Who will be Everton boss next season?  (Read 30472 times)

May 13, 2018, 02:20:47 PM
Reply #300

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Was thinking about what type of manager fits where we are as a club.

When we had no money, then having a tactical pragmatist was essential as we couldnít afford, literally, to make errors too often that would cost us league placings.

Conversely that financial restraint, through enabling longer term thinking and less ability to make frequent managerial changes, lead to a more exiting, if not immediate, transfer strategy as we tended to go for players who were young enough to develop while they were here.

Now that we have more money and more expectation that puts more pressure on a manager to be immediate.

Therefore if you appoint pragmatists, their natural inclination will be to buy players who are theoretically ready to go, and tactics are likely to reflect that too.

When things donít go right itís difficult to keep patience with pragmatism when there are things in place to provide more.

Therefore a more idealistic manager should buy more players who are in line with that approach.

One of RMís most bizarre failings was that he didnít do this (bar Barry, who of his signings could really pass the ball?) and was probably his undoing as he didnít have the players with base skills in sync with how he wanted to play to carry a basic level of performance when confidence dropped.

Koeman played younger players sometimes but pragmatic tactics in big away games laid an underlying impression that came out when it started to collapse this year.

But also signings wise, we did sign some players to develop but it was the here and now players who didnít provide enough that formed the idea of wasted money.

So I think someone like Silva would be a decent fit in theory.

But we shouldnít be worried about it not being a massive success (eg potential defensive failings) as long as the base tenants of synergy between approach and signings are in place.

May 13, 2018, 05:40:01 PM
Reply #301

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Most of his teams here have played with a ST havenít they?

Donít know whether that was because of who was there or volition.

Yeah I think so, wonder how heíd take to Tosun?

Iím sure DCL could do a job for him in that niasse style stretch the play role but Tosun isnít particularly fast over the ground and is more of a burier isnít he.

Would still love Richarlison at LW like, very high ceiling I think.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 13, 2018, 05:43:42 PM
Reply #302

Lxxx

Not having that, it will be his sexy Everton suit and designer stuble

He wears some proper poor suits. Like off the peg from Burton without trying it on first. Iíd want him to up his game in that regard if he came to us. 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 05:45:16 PM by Lxxx »

May 13, 2018, 06:59:18 PM
Reply #303

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Iím sure DCL could do a job for him in that niasse style stretch the play role but Tosun isnít particularly fast over the ground and is more of a burier isnít he.

Would have thought heíd work with Tosun. Bar constant channel running I think heís pretty flexible re a managerís tactics.

May 14, 2018, 01:32:16 PM
Reply #304

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Silva being linked with West Ham this morning
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 14, 2018, 01:55:29 PM
Reply #305

Ramjam

Silva being linked with West Ham this morning
I thought Moyes had another season there to get it right, he showed his worth to them yesterday against us. But in saying that Accy Stanley would hav got it right against us
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 14, 2018, 06:12:05 PM
Reply #306

Juanito

Most of his teams here have played with a ST havenít they?

Donít know whether that was because of who was there or volition.

Think so but I imagine he could do it and offer us something different, so we have an alternative to Tosun that is not another target man with limited pace.

May 14, 2018, 06:13:30 PM
Reply #307

Juanito

Yeah, I have a feeling Richarlison will come over with Silva and be very good. Although I wouldnít want him to take Lookmanís place.

May 14, 2018, 06:33:06 PM
Reply #308

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Yeah, I have a feeling Richarlison will come over with Silva and be very good. Although I wouldnít want him to take Lookmanís place.

Nah, him and ade can share bolasieís speck.

Actually canít see lookman coming back tbh. Think him and Gueye might go.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 14, 2018, 06:54:14 PM
Reply #309

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Think so but I imagine he could do it and offer us something different, so we have an alternative to Tosun that is not another target man with limited pace.

Yeah heís had decent runs there at Arsenal but theyíve never stuck with it.

I presume he lacks with his back to goal play to be selected there consistently.

May 14, 2018, 07:13:59 PM
Reply #310

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I'm giving Moshiri the benefit of the doubt here and expecting an announcement on Wednesday that Allardyce has gone, and shortly after have a new management structure spearheaded by Brands and Silva announced

May 14, 2018, 07:31:14 PM
Reply #311

Macca77

Just get in done asap, the longer it takes, the more anxious we all become.

Announce whoever is taking over straight after, give us all something positive going into the summer.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 07:33:18 PM by Macca77 »

May 14, 2018, 07:55:26 PM
Reply #312

WeimaranerBlues

every managerial pick is a risk, however like @kramer0    said in the lookman thread  we really did miss the boat on Lucien Favre someome how has a well drilled defence but likes to play  dynamic, quick and attacking-minded football.

just need it sorted  before the end of May

May 14, 2018, 10:30:15 PM
Reply #313

Rodenplav64

Fuck the Silva shouts off please . The next big mistake .

May 14, 2018, 10:42:20 PM
Reply #314

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Fuck the Silva shouts off please . The next big mistake .

What makes you think that?