October 23, 2018, 05:37:07 PM

Poll

Who do you want as Everton manager?

Author Topic: [News]Who will be Everton boss next season?  (Read 29282 times)

May 16, 2018, 12:51:16 PM
Reply #15

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Wrong with us? What is wrong with Watford ffs, we did everything by the book, we made offers and they rejected and priced out Silva so we walked away then they sacked him anyway blaming us not so subtly for their loss of form. Funny how that didn't happen to us when United came calling for Moyes in 2013 isn't it?

I mean more in a witches curse kinda way
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 16, 2018, 01:56:55 PM
Reply #16

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I want fonz tbh but I can get on board with silva.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 16, 2018, 05:58:27 PM
Reply #17

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Guardian football fan? ;)

Lol, I actually am and I listened to that one yesterday as Iíve been away a while and unable to access it.

Must have been in my subconscious

May 17, 2018, 03:26:58 AM
Reply #18

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Fonseca for me, but I believe heíd have a tougher job on his hands - high pressing teams need very athletic players, we do not have. Also, he has a wealth of creative players at his disposal also, again, players we do not have.

Silva - I am on board like, but I can understand reservations. Would like to see some deeper analysis on him over his career - specifically of the sort statsbomb have done in the past, looking at attacking efficiency vs defensive efficiency. Chances created vs chances allowed.

You can use this not just to see how a team, which is going to be about 80% impacted by the squad, fared but how much of an impact the manager and his tactics actually have on performance of a side e.g if mark Hughes takes over your squad of worldies, youíre going to make chances through talent of players, but his tactics are likely to put a cap on HOW many you can create :
https://statsbomb.com/2013/10/introducing-manager-fingerprints/

I do think his tactics are like Iíve said - modern hodgson, positionally tight and close down passing lanes then break quickly. Mourinho shout not a million miles away. Wouldnít mind seeing hull and Watfordís possession & passing stats also.

Think silva could hit the ground running. Schneiderlin is actually a very good passer in terms of playing into space for attackers, but we could definitely do with a very good progressive passer and dribbler in the middle for turning that defence into attack.

Emery - Iím slightly turned off by the fact he is regarded to have failed at PSG. I also donít really know how he plays. Iím sure I could be convinced.

Whatever happens, I have to say Iím quite happy with the news that brands is now heading up recruitment.

May 17, 2018, 03:49:01 AM
Reply #19

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The report I read said they are after a coaching manager, who is happy to just sort the team out and not get involved in other stuff.

Sounds to me like they want a yes man with very little power.

Nah sounds to me like a continental set up. A coach with a football heriarchy above that - less risk in the coach choice and more easily changed down the line.

E.g in Holland they donít even say manager, they say trainer.

Arteta is rated by the worlds best manager. As far as Iím concerned thatís a good enough cv.

Plus, he knows the culture of the club etc. Nice easy transition.

May 17, 2018, 04:00:07 AM
Reply #20

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Points taken on the setup. I was being a bit tongue in cheek. But re: Guardiola's endorsement, what else is he gonna say? Until you're the man in charge, making 100 decisions a day, you don't know how you'll cope, no matter how good a coach you are.

Massive, unnecessary risk in my view. Pleased to see it as well, because they could crash and burn with this appointment.

Yeah deffo the biggest period of uncertainty for them, similar to united after fergie.

Have a soft spot for Arsenal (and arteta!) but would happily see them struggle if it meant Marcos mighty blues slipped into the top 6..

May 17, 2018, 05:52:49 AM
Reply #21

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Points taken on the setup. I was being a bit tongue in cheek. But re: Guardiola's endorsement, what else is he gonna say? Until you're the man in charge, making 100 decisions a day, you don't know how you'll cope, no matter how good a coach you are.

Massive, unnecessary risk in my view. Pleased to see it as well, because they could crash and burn with this appointment.

Re this : Brands has apparently made comments tonight in Holland about everton trying to move away from the ďtraditional English model where the control and supervision is with the manager.Ē

Music!

I donít want to get too carried away but for me so far this is going very well (6 hours in).

May 18, 2018, 02:01:13 AM
Reply #22

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Who was the rangy bald black guy who played for depor for years? I think cm..

Edit : don’t think it was depor nvm
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 02:03:05 AM by brap2 »

May 18, 2018, 02:18:26 AM
Reply #23

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Dabo at Lazio?

I remember dabo but the guy I’m thinking of played in Spain I think.

Similar character, bald, older, rangy.

It’ll come to me..

Edit: pretty sure he would score the occasional thunderbastard.

May 18, 2018, 02:22:42 AM
Reply #24

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Are you thinking of FlŠvio Concecaio who played for Real Madrid?

I MIGHT be thinking of AssunÁ„o who played for depor and atletico- he seems to have hair tho!

May 18, 2018, 02:43:27 AM
Reply #25

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

May 18, 2018, 05:08:52 PM
Reply #26

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Fuck that.

Boss manager but not interested in having him at everton at all.

May 18, 2018, 05:09:43 PM
Reply #27

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

May 18, 2018, 05:44:38 PM
Reply #28

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Because his football is horrible and attritional and I hate him as a person.

Will get Newcastle 7-9th next year but I really donít want him

May 18, 2018, 07:58:58 PM
Reply #29

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Whoa. You've never liked Arteta?

He is a bit oddly unarsed about everton since he left which is a bit shit. Seems to love arsenal more.

Shouldnít bother me but definitely does.