July 16, 2018, 11:50:04 PM

Author Topic: Arsene Wenger: Arsenal boss to leave club at end of season  (Read 813 times)

April 20, 2018, 10:12:03 PM
Reply #15

Macca77

The miniature Sherwood tho.... <dead>

That bit finished me off, its actually amazing

April 20, 2018, 11:27:13 PM
Reply #16

Optimistic Blue

3 Fa cups in the last 4 years and a possible europa league win this year. Yeah what a shit legacy to leave behind in his final few years.
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

April 21, 2018, 01:18:17 AM
Reply #17

Shogun

Administrator
3 Fa cups in the last 4 years and a possible europa league win this year. Yeah what a shit legacy to leave behind in his final few years.

No doubt took them backwards in recent years but when you consider the rim-licking attitudes towards Liverpool and Spurs in the same time, there’s no doubt Arsenal have been more successful over that period.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

April 21, 2018, 01:18:53 AM
Reply #18

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
This is what a true football revolutionary has done. Not what Allardyce claims to be.

Brilliant manager. Well done Arsene.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 21, 2018, 02:36:11 AM
Reply #19

Gash

Global Moderator

From where we are 3 FA Cups in 4 years would be fantastic but from an Arsenal point it's the 3rd most important competition of the 4 they've entered over the years, apart from last year when they didn't qualify for the Champions League and probably more seen as a bare minimum than anything else.

I don't think there's many fans too upset he's going, he's built a legacy and will rightly be considered a legend. But they've watched as he's slowly fallen down the league, constant failure in the Champions League and despite two billionaires with the bulk of the shares have watched as Liverpool come back to the top four, Man City pass them and win league titles and bitter rivals Spurs regularly finish above them and this season struggling to even stay ahead of Burnley.

FA Cups are great but it's been so devalued over the years it's not where a club like Arsenal would see themselves, they were challenging and winning league titles when he took over. He's managed one Champions League final in about 20 attempts and not got past the last 16 in the last 7 attempts. Like I said, he'll still leave a legacy but it would have been far less tainted if he'd gone 5 years ago regardless of the FA Cup wins.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 02:37:42 AM by Gash »