December 14, 2018, 05:26:38 AM

Author Topic: Wembley  (Read 1331 times)

April 26, 2018, 07:39:01 PM
Read 1331 times

Macca77

The owner of Fulham has offered the FA 800 million quid for Wembley

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43906272

April 26, 2018, 09:41:59 PM
Reply #1

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I can see why it makes sense for Fulham, but not for the FA. Certainly not at that price, which was pretty much the development cost 10 years ago.

April 26, 2018, 11:29:18 PM
Reply #2

Cereal Killer

I can see why it makes sense for Fulham, but not for the FA. Certainly not at that price, which was pretty much the development cost 10 years ago.

Because the FA actually paid fuck all and the tax payer footed most of the bill?

April 26, 2018, 11:31:21 PM
Reply #3

Shogun

Administrator
Hope this comes off
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

April 26, 2018, 11:59:37 PM
Reply #4

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Be great this.  Having Fulham with the biggest ground in the country would make everyone's heads fall off.
My momma says I'm special.

April 27, 2018, 12:13:12 AM
Reply #5

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Because the FA actually paid fuck all and the tax payer footed most of the bill?

Well there is that, but that's almost the reason I think they'd be hard pressed to sell. I mean it'd be pretty bad PR, not to mention they sold new Wembley as a necessary project and now, what we don't need it after 10 years?

Ultimately, I think they'd lose too much face to do the deal.

April 27, 2018, 12:17:17 AM
Reply #6

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
This guy owns the Jacksonville Jaguars doesn't he? First step to a London Franchise?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

April 27, 2018, 12:23:08 AM
Reply #7

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
This guy owns the Jacksonville Jaguars doesn't he? First step to a London Franchise?

Imagine being Spurs and incorporating all those nfl ready facilities in your new ground, and then this happens.  lolol
My momma says I'm special.

April 27, 2018, 12:51:27 AM
Reply #8

Ross

Imagine being Spurs and incorporating all those nfl ready facilities in your new ground, and then this happens.  lolol

Or Chelsea who’ll have to pay Fulham’s owner for their 3 or 4 year tenancy when they rebuild.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 27, 2018, 12:56:39 AM
Reply #9

Gash

Global Moderator

They've a ten year deal for two games a season haven't they?

April 27, 2018, 02:39:15 AM
Reply #10

Macca77

Hopefully the FA will use some of the money to improve grassroots footy

April 27, 2018, 03:25:09 AM
Reply #11

velimski

Hopefully the FA will use some of the money to improve grassroots footy

£500m of it (allegedly)

April 27, 2018, 03:50:05 AM
Reply #12

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
I read it wouldn't be a home for Fulham but to continue to be for England and the future home of an NFL franchise?

April 27, 2018, 04:06:36 AM
Reply #13

Gumpinio

It would be bizarre seeing tiny little Fulham in the biggest stadium in the country

And the Jaguars things makes no sense, every season they player atleast one team from the AFC West,some seasons very team from the AFC and NFC west, thats a dam lot of travelling over a dam lot of time zones
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

April 27, 2018, 04:06:48 AM
Reply #14

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Well there is that, but that's almost the reason I think they'd be hard pressed to sell. I mean it'd be pretty bad PR, not to mention they sold new Wembley as a necessary project and now, what we don't need it after 10 years?

Ultimately, I think they'd lose too much face to do the deal.

Looks like I'm completely off base.

Seems like it's going to go through. Seems very odd to me that they'd sell the national stadium.