October 14, 2019, 04:23:15 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Southampton  (Read 14776 times)

May 06, 2018, 01:55:43 AM
Reply #345

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I still maintain the players aren’t good enough. We just can’t pass the ball 5 yards. We’ve been poor for 40 odd games, under 3 managers. That’s not to defend Allerdyce at all, he looks like he’s run out of ideas already.

I’d certainly temper expectations for next year.

The squad is a huge problem. The quality in terms of our creativity in particular is almost rock bottom. We've paid the price for poor recruitment. I'd say we need 4 or 5 players in the first XI if our aim is challenging higher up the league rather than tread water (CB, LB, LW, CM and another forward) and a good few for the bench too.

May 06, 2018, 01:55:56 AM
Reply #346

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
So the highlight of our season is seeing Mark Hughes face when we luckily equalise against them in the final minute of stoppage time that over ran by a minute.

Ah, good times
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 06, 2018, 01:57:16 AM
Reply #347

Fynci

May 06, 2018, 01:57:55 AM
Reply #348

Bluedylan

The apologists and blame-it-on-the-players crew are out in force, I see.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

May 06, 2018, 01:58:46 AM
Reply #349

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

?

May 06, 2018, 02:00:20 AM
Reply #350

sam of the south

Hoddle lumping us in with the likes of Stoke, saying we should be thankful of just being in the EPL, and if we want to be entertained we should go to the theatre.

Mrs.Doubtfire looking cunt.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

May 06, 2018, 02:02:20 AM
Reply #351

KevtheRat

Maybe he'll have a stroke and drop fucking dead on the pitch.  That would be a real shame.

There’s having a laugh and there’s being a prick. You are the latter.

May 06, 2018, 02:02:44 AM
Reply #352

Ross

Hoddle lumping us in with the likes of Stoke, saying we should be thankful of just being in the EPL, and if we want to be entertained we should go to the theatre.

Imagine Twaddle saying that about Spurs who’ve won fuck all in their history.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 06, 2018, 02:03:03 AM
Reply #353

blue slug

Hoddles a tit and his views are a little scewed to say the least

May 06, 2018, 02:05:52 AM
Reply #354

sam of the south

Imagine Twaddle saying that about Spurs who’ve won fuck all in their history.

They did do the Double, though, dude, and they’ve won the F.A. Cup eight times (my mate’s a Spurs fan, bores me about it frequently)
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

May 06, 2018, 02:06:19 AM
Reply #355

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

That's the narrative of the media in general. It's becoming worse for me in terms of the media separating out the current top 6. I've seen supposed ads for the PL that focus entirely on the top 6 (see this lovely ad for NBC in the US below by way of a quick example)

When one of those teams plays it's all about the top 6 team and the team they're playing may as well be anonymous...as we saw with that Sky ad I think it was when we played Man City.

The longer we're out of that mix of clubs the more we fade away from the media consciousness.

There is the top 6 and everyone else should be happy to be in the PL and have no higher aspirations. It's actually been one of the things (amongst our turgid football) that has been putting me off watching games.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 02:09:42 AM by blueToffee »

May 06, 2018, 02:07:22 AM
Reply #356

Evertonian in NC

It's one thing to say Allardyce isn't the only problem (duh).  But he very clearly IS a problem, and to not see that just beggars belief at this point.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 06, 2018, 02:10:17 AM
Reply #357

Ross

They did do the Double, though, dude, and they’ve won the F.A. Cup eight times (my mate’s a Spurs fan, bores me about it frequently)

Yeah they’ve won stuff, and I realise you’re saying it tongue in cheek, but would actually get anyone saying it about Spurs when they were struggling before Redknapp went there? Or Gross was manager?

Fucking shameless shit.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 06, 2018, 02:10:46 AM
Reply #358

gizzblue

No way i was staying to watch that shit .. ..too many beers to be drunk .

Poor performance all round today ....absolute shite .

Born not made a blue .

May 06, 2018, 02:14:12 AM
Reply #359

Gash

Global Moderator
On a positive note it's a free bar at my cousin's 50th.

Thank you very much and goodnight.  :)