May 25, 2018, 10:27:26 AM

Author Topic: fonseca  (Read 5111 times)

May 01, 2018, 03:08:30 PM
Read 5111 times

boothill

According to daily express, he's turned us down for arsenal, bummer if true like

May 01, 2018, 03:24:04 PM
Reply #1

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I doubt he's that far up arsenals shortlist.

May 01, 2018, 03:24:19 PM
Reply #2

Macca77

Fake news

May 01, 2018, 07:02:07 PM
Reply #3

phillyt

From Guilleme balugue. He was relevant many years back but not now. It’s reasonable to assume that a non evertonian would be more keen on arsenal than Everton. London etc. He isn’t getting that job though so I imagine there is still more of a chance he ends up here. If, as seems the case, we do want him.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

May 01, 2018, 07:53:56 PM
Reply #4

djws1788

Rumours swirling that Klopp’s right hand man Zeljko Buvac is being offered the Arsenal job. He’s just been given personal leave ahead of the CL semi and been referred to as “the brain” of Klopp’s set up.

Could be bad for us as he could get Arsenal firing again, but also could mean Fonseca is still on his way to us.

May 01, 2018, 07:58:44 PM
Reply #5

Waltzer

Rumours swirling that Klopp’s right hand man Zeljko Buvac is being offered the Arsenal job. He’s just been given personal leave ahead of the CL semi and been referred to as “the brain” of Klopp’s set up.

Could be bad for us as he could get Arsenal firing again, but also could mean Fonseca is still on his way to us.

Whoever gets the Arsenal job is going to get lots of money to spend regardless. It was Wenger that wanted to keep things tight, I expect them to go big in the summer on transfers. We need to get back to walking before we even think about running with the top clubs again

May 01, 2018, 08:04:03 PM
Reply #6

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Whoever gets the Arsenal job is going to get lots of money to spend regardless. It was Wenger that wanted to keep things tight, I expect them to go big in the summer on transfers. We need to get back to walking before we even think about running with the top clubs again

They've got a budget of 50mil maximum.

May 01, 2018, 09:35:27 PM
Reply #7

Waltzer

They've got a budget of 50mil maximum.

Really, id be really surprised if thats true? Although if that is the case then maybe Fonseca is near the top of their list as I cant see Enrique or any of the other top managers being willing to go in there with the squad they've got and that transfer budget.

May 01, 2018, 11:59:41 PM
Reply #8

Paddockoldie

The rumour mill will spout all sorts now the doubts about SA keeping his job increase. Most will be pure spec so you can't take any seriously. When the decision is made public expect Dyche, Howe et al to be linked, along with the waiter and Brenda.. Nobody knows for sure. I'm still thinking Silva will get the nod but would rather have Fonseca but even he's a gamble. I just wish we'd get on with cutting fat head loose, then things will heat up.

May 02, 2018, 04:22:26 AM
Reply #9

Jamokachi

t was Wenger that wanted to keep things tight,

How on earth do you arrive at that conclusion?

May 02, 2018, 04:33:57 AM
Reply #10

dunkster

How on earth do you arrive at that conclusion?

Yeah I was always under the impression there was money for Wenger but he didn't like spending much.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 02, 2018, 04:35:35 AM
Reply #11

Jamokachi

Yeah I was always under the impression there was money for Wenger but he didn't like spending much.

So he deliberately kept one hand tied behind his back?

May 02, 2018, 04:48:24 AM
Reply #12

dunkster

That was a critiscism of him. He had money to spend but wouldn't spend it. Refused to make the very big signings over the years. I think more recent ones have been through pressure to do so.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 02, 2018, 04:50:14 AM
Reply #13

dunkster

I'm not an expert on arsenal but I thought that was fairly well known that Wenger refused to pay the silly money needed for some of these players even though it was there if he wanted it.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

May 02, 2018, 04:55:09 AM
Reply #14

Jamokachi

There's a difference between deciding someone isn't worth the quoted price and "refusing to spend money". If he had bags of cash to spend on WC players you can bet your house on the fact it would have happened. It's a ridiculous media spin that he was just sitting on this pile of cash, just because he is/was stubborn.