August 18, 2018, 07:32:13 PM

Author Topic: fonseca  (Read 6043 times)

May 02, 2018, 04:57:07 AM
Reply #15

dunkster

Well maybe. Like I said I'm no arsenal fan and I expect it causes arguments among their own fans who would know more.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 02, 2018, 04:59:57 AM
Reply #16

Jamokachi

Well maybe. Like I said I'm no arsenal fan and I expect it causes arguments among their own fans who would know more.

Just think about it rationally for a second. A manager that has ambitions to win the league, any and all cup competition they enter, and annually qualify for the CL. Is the attitude of their manager really going to be "nah, thanks Mr Chairman, but I don't want to spend that 200m you've made available, even though I can see we under achieved last season..."? It's ridiculous.

May 02, 2018, 05:04:02 AM
Reply #17

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Some proper expensive players in that arsenal squad like.

May 02, 2018, 05:17:54 AM
Reply #18

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
The money is drying up each season they don't qualify for the champions league.

May 02, 2018, 05:26:32 AM
Reply #19

boothill

There's a difference between deciding someone isn't worth the quoted price and "refusing to spend money". If he had bags of cash to spend on WC players you can bet your house on the fact it would have happened. It's a ridiculous media spin that he was just sitting on this pile of cash, just because he is/was stubborn.
one of the board members, cant remember which one,  stated " the money is there ,he chooses not to use it" it was a conversation with regards to the emirates cost and wenger having no money to spend

May 02, 2018, 06:36:55 AM
Reply #20

Jamokachi

one of the board members, cant remember which one,  stated " the money is there ,he chooses not to use it" it was a conversation with regards to the emirates cost and wenger having no money to spend

Yet the evidence shows that the money wasn't there.

May 02, 2018, 06:59:14 AM
Reply #21

boothill

Yet the evidence shows that the money wasn't there.
i dunno jamo,  but until recently he did seem to stutter in the transfer market, his x players have said as much too

May 02, 2018, 08:45:07 AM
Reply #22

Jamokachi

He was tasked with being frugal, because of the stadium move. That's where this myth of him being tight comes from. 

May 03, 2018, 06:18:21 PM
Reply #23

KoemansNumberTens

Saw something recently (might have been that where the reporters talk on sky) said wenger had took 1 for the team. The money wasn’t really there but he’d taken the blame for not spending

May 04, 2018, 08:19:02 AM
Reply #24

Jamokachi

Fonseca no longer top of our "shortlist", according to the Echo podcast.

May 04, 2018, 02:21:17 PM
Reply #25

dunkster

Not overly familiar with the podcast. Is it some reliable itk info?
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 08, 2018, 04:01:05 AM
Reply #26

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Apparently he's not on Arsenal's shortlist now.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 08, 2018, 04:09:38 AM
Reply #27

Toffee1

Apparently he's not on Arsenal's shortlist now.

Sky reported that according to their sources, Allegri and Enrique are the top targets. Another report from Sky, states that Allegri is set for talks about his future with Juve.

The BBC are reporting that Arsenal are confident of appointing a new manager before the World Cup, so they appear to be quite advanced in their search.

I really hope, we are doing the same and don't go through the fiasco after Koeman was sacked.

May 08, 2018, 05:36:09 AM
Reply #28

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

Begs the question...who is?

May 08, 2018, 05:47:19 AM
Reply #29

dunkster

I'd be happy with any delay having been because of fonseca waiting on other options. I guess you can't blame the guy for keeping his options open. Hopefully both arsenal and Chelsea have other managers lined up. Then it's a case of seeing how badly he wants to manage in the premiership.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]