October 17, 2018, 04:40:58 AM

Author Topic: fonseca  (Read 6413 times)

May 08, 2018, 03:47:26 PM
Reply #30

Thomasmcd

I really hope, we are doing the same and don't go through the fiasco after Koeman was sacked.

I hope were not doing the same as when we appointed koeman, wasted half the summer getting him even though we sacked Martinez before the end of the season. Think if we are changing manager needs to be done early due to the WC and the window closing early too

May 08, 2018, 04:12:26 PM
Reply #31

Mayor Farnum

Will it be Howe or Dyche? Exciting times to be an Evertonian.

May 08, 2018, 04:13:31 PM
Reply #32

Cereal Killer

With your constant high levels of optimism and generally positive outlook on everything I'm surprised you haven't slit your wrists yet

May 08, 2018, 04:18:31 PM
Reply #33

Alanvideo

....................if you're looking at that level might as well throw Moyes into the mix too.  :whistle:
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 08, 2018, 04:26:48 PM
Reply #34

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Says the guy who advocated and constantly defended Sam Allardyce.

May 08, 2018, 04:28:31 PM
Reply #35

Mayor Farnum

Says the guy who advocated and constantly defended Sam Allardyce.

Because I know how Everton operate.

May 08, 2018, 04:34:00 PM
Reply #36

KoemansNumberTens

Surely people would be relatively happy with dyche? I actually think hed turn us down now. Just signed a new contract and they are in Europe. Think hed want another season there

May 08, 2018, 04:38:52 PM
Reply #37

Redartin

Begs the question...who is?
No one - The Fat Cunt is staying.

May 08, 2018, 04:39:55 PM
Reply #38

Mayor Farnum

We'll know in a month at most.

May 08, 2018, 05:12:38 PM
Reply #39

Macca77

No one - The Fat Cunt is staying.

What a time to be alive eh!

May 08, 2018, 06:22:30 PM
Reply #40

Bluedylan

Surely people would be relatively happy with dyche? I actually think hed turn us down now. Just signed a new contract and they are in Europe. Think hed want another season there

Well I imagine everyone feels differently. Some would be cool with Dyche. Not me. Still feels a bit solid and safe and semi-Moyesian.

Tired of us being safe and conservative. Need to change the outlook and the atmosphere of the club, and overcome this world weary pessimism or we'll never compete with the big teams, mentally as much as anything.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 08, 2018, 08:15:04 PM
Reply #41

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

Dyche is just the same as what we have now. The football is awful and 9 times out of 10 as unambitious as Allardyce and if that's all we're after if you gave Allardyce a full season I'd wager he'd finish above Dyche most times so you may as well save the compensation fee.

May 08, 2018, 08:30:40 PM
Reply #42

KoemansNumberTens

Dyche is just the same as what we have now. The football is awful and 9 times out of 10 as unambitious as Allardyce and if that's all we're after if you gave Allardyce a full season I'd wager he'd finish above Dyche most times so you may as well save the compensation fee.

Above dyches Burnley or above dyche in the same job

May 08, 2018, 08:49:18 PM
Reply #43

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
What managers out there play decent attacking and effective football now anyway? The second placed club plays pretty average football (albeit still a ton better than us). Everything is safe these days. It's boring.
The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Dont wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope. Barack Obama

May 08, 2018, 09:24:15 PM
Reply #44

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Above dyches Burnley or above dyche in the same job

Um, above Burnley and probably marginally better than Dyche in the same job. Allardyce is basically to me a more experienced version of Dyche. I don't see Dyche trying anything much new, in fact he played safe for practically half the season after they had a good start. Maybe I'm not giving Dyche his due, but I think they'll really struggle playing the same football again next season when also playing extra European games. I'd not be surprised to see them fighting relegation.

Again, this is not meant as endorsement of Allardyce but if he'd had the whole season here we'd have finished above Burnley through grinding out more dull points. However, if our aim is to be defensively strong as our way to break into the top four (which in principle I could be ok with) the likes of Simeone have shown that can be mixed with more of an interesting attacking threat, and we need someone who understands that.