July 18, 2018, 06:09:46 PM

Author Topic: Silva v Fonseca  (Read 4378 times)

May 02, 2018, 03:20:20 AM
Reply #15

Shogun

Administrator
Allardyce is guaranteed zero progress though.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

May 02, 2018, 03:29:13 AM
Reply #16

KoemansNumberTens

Allardyce is guaranteed zero progress though.

Least we wouldnt have to sack him in 12 months. Hes done okay. Think if we are pushing to sack him we want someone whos proven better.

May 02, 2018, 03:32:54 AM
Reply #17

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Least we wouldnt have to sack him in 12 months. Hes done okay. Think if we are pushing to sack him we want someone whos proven better.

Id be amazed if he lasted a whole season.

Any sniff of a poor run and the pressure to get rid would be huge.

Wed then be in a position of letting him go mid season.

If his approach was anywhere near what people wanted then a continuity year would make some sense.

But it would just be another year of dissatisfaction.

May 02, 2018, 03:36:34 AM
Reply #18

KoemansNumberTens

If his approach was anywhere near what people wanted then a continuity year would make some sense.

Should the fans maybe suck it up then. Results have been decent. Transfers have been decent. Maybe another year of allardyce is better than a punt.

May 02, 2018, 03:36:44 AM
Reply #19

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

You really sure about that?

May 02, 2018, 03:44:52 AM
Reply #20

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Should the fans maybe suck it up then. Results have been decent. Transfers have been decent. Maybe another year of allardyce is better than a punt.

But whats the end point?

If we want a certain style of play, and certain style of player in the team, then why spend a year moving away from that?

Whether its fair or not, you achieve more when everyone is pulling in the same direction.

May 02, 2018, 03:49:48 AM
Reply #21

Coyney83

If the alternative is Silva, I think I would give serious consideration to keeping BFS. Better the devil you know to some extent.

Would it be entertaining football? No, likely not; would it be effective? Yes; would I rather a season of attritional football that almost certainly guaranteed a top 8/10 finish (given how poor the general standard is outside of the top 5) vs. a year similar to Martinez's final one (which is what I fear Silva offers)? Yes, I think I would.

People are emotional about BFS, with some justification. There are things not to like about him and his football style with this squad to date. But, what can't be argued, is that regardless of the situation he finds himself in he typically finds a way to adapt which typically realises effective results.

May 02, 2018, 04:34:01 AM
Reply #22

Jamokachi

The ambition of a newt.

May 02, 2018, 04:45:35 AM
Reply #23

dunkster

No no no change has to start now. Depending upon experience/risk, available transfer money should reflect that. If we get silva is fonseca then maybe 50 million plus money earned from sales available. If it's someone more experienced like the guy from psg (forgot name soz) then they should be given more.

Perhaps the two managers in question should prove they can show progress generally with what we have, plus say 2 top targets and a few more signings for cover.

[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 02, 2018, 04:45:50 AM
Reply #24

KoemansNumberTens

The ambition of a newt.

Is anyone but allardyce a show of ambition. Silva who relegated Hull and got sacked from Watford?

Im all for ambition but weve got to get it right. We currently have a manager whos achieved okay results. Its a much bigger deal to sack him than it was Martinez or Koeman because they were going wrong. Theres a fair chance we could end up worse off if we fuck yet another management appointment up

I just want common sense. Access the market. See if we can do better first. Half this forum wants him sacked now with nothing in place because hes smug we dont play pretty football and takes credit for the West Ham game. Is that ambition. It just sounds stupid to me

May 02, 2018, 04:52:43 AM
Reply #25

Jamokachi

Is anyone but allardyce a show of ambition.

The two managers linked in this thread are young, dynamic, progressive managers, who both have impressive records on the continent. So yes, either represent more ambition than sticking with the absolute turgid shite we're putting up with now.

You're view is pretty cowardly in all honesty. "But what if it goes wrong?" No one ever achieved anything without taking risks.

May 02, 2018, 04:53:38 AM
Reply #26

dunkster

I think it would look bad to sack him with two games to go. I'd go as far as to say that would be wrong as we are now 8th.
Hopefully behind the scenes wheels are being set in motion and VERY SHORTLY after the last game he will be released with someone lined up.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 02, 2018, 05:26:19 AM
Reply #27

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
As if Marco Silva is a 'punt' for fucks sake.

Someone like Arteta is a punt.

Someone like Silva is a very pre-conceived decision based on years of success on the continent and in England playing progressive football.

For me Watford are one of the best teams I've seen at Goodison this season. They moved us about the pitch and worked the ball as good as anyone.

There's probably four or five managers I'd like us to go for above Silva, but to call him a 'punt' is absolute waffle.

May 02, 2018, 05:29:58 AM
Reply #28

Ross

Could go full circle to when we sacked Koeman last November, might even call it spiralling.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 02, 2018, 12:29:40 PM
Reply #29

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Thats not really what history would suggest?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.