December 16, 2018, 11:38:55 PM

Author Topic: Xherdan Shaqiri  (Read 9408 times)

May 12, 2018, 07:47:16 PM
Reply #105

Free Agent

Sign him, hes cheap and can still resell later if it doesnt work out. Hes better than bolasie.

May 12, 2018, 08:08:05 PM
Reply #106

Gash

Global Moderator
Why is being "better than Bolasie" such an apparent justification to sign him? Just because someone is better than a player we have here doesn't mean he's the level of player we want.

May 12, 2018, 08:37:25 PM
Reply #107

Mayor Farnum

Sign him, hes cheap and can still resell later if it doesnt work out. Hes better than bolasie.

I can't believe you've seen enough of him to make that statement with such certainty.

May 12, 2018, 08:41:35 PM
Reply #108

KoemansNumberTens

Why is being "better than Bolasie" such an apparent justification to sign him? Just because someone is better than a player we have here doesn't mean he's the level of player we want.

Well its not but being coupled with the fact that hes available for well below market value (apparently) he would surely be a decent enough signing

May 12, 2018, 08:43:52 PM
Reply #109

Lxxx

Well its not but being coupled with the fact that hes available for well below market value (apparently) he would surely be a decent enough signing

So you want us to sign players just because they look decent value as opposed to whether we actually need them or not. Okay.

May 12, 2018, 08:44:06 PM
Reply #110

Gash

Global Moderator

Then you've low standards for a guy who's spent every ten minutes this season telling us how shit everyone and everything is.

May 12, 2018, 08:46:10 PM
Reply #111

KoemansNumberTens

So you want us to sign players just because they look decent value as opposed to whether we actually need them or not. Okay.

Decent value and better than what we have seems a good place to start. Hes a good premier league player whod get in our team and is way under market value. Yeah Id be okay with us signing him

May 12, 2018, 08:48:33 PM
Reply #112

KoemansNumberTens

Then you've low standards for a guy who's spent every ten minutes this season telling us how shit everyone and everything is.

Hes comparable to sigurdsson in quality at a third of the cost. Who do you want us to sign?

May 12, 2018, 08:57:14 PM
Reply #113

Gash

Global Moderator
Hes comparable to sigurdsson in quality at a third of the cost. Who do you want us to sign?

Not Shaqiri.

He's not really comparable to Sigurdsson anyway, over the period Shaqiri's been in the Premier League Sigurdsson's scored 24 to his 15 and assisted 21 to his 14 and that's allowing for Sigurdsson struggling at the start this season and missing the last 2 months, there's only about 10 starts difference between the two of them as well.

He'll be a marginal upgrade at best to what we've got, all I'm saying is that doesn't mean it's reason to sign a player.

May 12, 2018, 09:00:00 PM
Reply #114

SANA_DR0

cos Bolasie is the benchmark..

*sarcasm*
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

May 12, 2018, 09:11:46 PM
Reply #115

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

I don't think there's a single fan of a premier league team (yourself aside) who would even think of taking Shakiri over Sigurdsson.
My momma says I'm special.

May 12, 2018, 09:14:24 PM
Reply #116

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Decent value and better than what we have seems a good place to start. Hes a good premier league player whod get in our team and is way under market value. Yeah Id be okay with us signing him

Hes an average PL player who just about stands out in a team that got relegated. Hes the same player who signed for them a few years ago, have you seen much change in him since he moved to the PL? So its unlikely hed significantly improve if he moved here.

There is a reason hes playing at Stoke, as he does have the odd stand out goal most of the time hes not offering much special.

I dont mind him, but hes at his level now. Hes a good player for a team that has ambitions of midtable or thereabouts.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 09:15:32 PM by blueToffee »

May 12, 2018, 10:40:20 PM
Reply #117

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Meh, not going to continue fighting his corner, partly because hes not really worth it. If we did get him I wouldnt be breaking out the champagne, but I would say if you put him in eredvisie in say kluiverts place, hed probably tear the shite out of it.

Is what it is. Im sure someone will have him.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 12, 2018, 10:42:20 PM
Reply #118

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He's not Mc Geady or nothing like. He would be a perfectly adequate signing but he wouldn't make us much better than what we are.

May 12, 2018, 10:44:48 PM
Reply #119

KoemansNumberTens

Meh, not going to continue fighting his corner, partly because hes not really worth it. If we did get him I wouldnt be breaking out the champagne, but I would say if you put him in eredvisie in say kluiverts place, hed probably tear the shite out of it.

Is what it is. Im sure someone will have him.

If hes really available so cheaply I wouldnt be that surprised to see 1 of the top 6 take him as a squad player