May 22, 2018, 11:09:37 PM

Author Topic: Xherdan Shaqiri  (Read 3716 times)

May 08, 2018, 10:37:45 PM
Reply #15

Mac934

Definite no from me. Bang average at best.
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!

May 08, 2018, 10:46:05 PM
Reply #16

Evertonian in NC

plus, isn't he kind of a cunt?  Or do I just think that about everyone?
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 08, 2018, 10:55:36 PM
Reply #17

gizzblue

Fuck him...Grab lookman back get Kluivert in ...fuck bolasie and Mirralas off....job done 👍

May 08, 2018, 11:24:05 PM
Reply #18

BlueForYou

I think we were only interested in a loan deal three years ago and he wanted a permanent move

Clever player and coming into his prime

Big head, he is; nicknamed the Magic Dwarf and could be our X factor - Shaq, Rattle and Roll out that 15m
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

May 09, 2018, 12:18:24 AM
Reply #19

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I don't get what he's supposed to be. He does nothing particularly outstandingly for a player in his position

May 09, 2018, 12:23:42 AM
Reply #20

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Fuck him

Simply simply lovely

May 09, 2018, 12:24:00 AM
Reply #21

Juanito

Julian Brandt, Leon Bailey, Pione Sisto etc; start scouting these kind of players and get them in early. Bring Lookman back and make him a focal point next year. Don't go wasting more money on average players approaching their late 20's who have done fuck all for a relegated club.

I thought that about Bailey. We were apparently linked a few years ago and now he is seen as potential world class.

May 09, 2018, 12:37:36 AM
Reply #22

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
If one accepts that to get from where we are now to the 'elite' level will take several years and several steps then we have to accept that first we move from average players to good, then to very good and finally to world class. How we currently grade each player will be down to people's judgement on here and, more importantly, to people in the club who will do the business. They also have their 'vision' of what they want short, medium and long term and need to get in players who fit into that jigsaw.
So, perhaps the question to be asked is 'is Shaquiri (or any other name that comes up) better than we have now, will they fit into the jigsaw and improve us and move us to a place where we then look at a higher level'.
That's the gamble of football and look at how Stoke got it wrong (hence talk of Shaquiri's transfer) and how Leicester got it right. We tend to believe that we shouldn't make mistakes but that's not how gambling works and that is exactly what it is, a gamble. A good manager/coach/DoF or whatever tips the odds more in our favour but it doesn't guarantee success.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

May 09, 2018, 12:49:30 AM
Reply #23

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
What type of signing would shaqiri fall into though?

Predictable, uninspiring, decent, premier league player approaching his late 20s who won't make us any better.

May 09, 2018, 12:56:21 AM
Reply #24

Redartin

We were interested in him before, whether it was a loan or not I can't remember, but he opted for Stoke.

But what I do remember was someone posting about bullets we dodged, that is, players we were linked with who turned out to be shite, and he was one of them. Yes he scores an odd good goal every now and then, but that's just it, it's only every now and then. No consistency and we have enough players like that without bringing in more.

May 09, 2018, 12:59:25 AM
Reply #25

Gash

Global Moderator
Presuambly one of the few Stoke players who hasn't ripped the piss out of them this season seeing he's been getting games?

Don't think he's done much in the Premier League (apart from slice a cross into our goal) to make him of interest since he's been here and being the best of a bad bunch doesn't really count.

May 09, 2018, 01:11:59 AM
Reply #26

bluenuck

8 goals 6 assist in the prem for a shit side.

This isn't saying much, but I'd take him over Bolasie right now.

May 09, 2018, 01:44:21 AM
Reply #27

Paddockoldie

No. We already have one bang-average winger who offers little to nothing in the majority of matches on the left.

Why not - for once - try and compete and maybe go for Fakir?

Heard he's a lazy motha..

May 09, 2018, 02:22:04 AM
Reply #28

benny

NSNO Subscriber
What type of signing would shaqiri fall into though?
               Desperation

May 09, 2018, 02:41:47 AM
Reply #29

blue slug

A shit one