November 19, 2018, 05:29:32 AM

Author Topic: Xherdan Shaqiri  (Read 9181 times)

May 09, 2018, 11:49:14 PM
Reply #60

Waltzer

I just don't think he's even that good to be honest.

He like a s**t Ozil, turns up when he fancies it and gets more plaudits than he deserves as when he does try its decent, people then forget about the dross and lack of effort applied previously

May 09, 2018, 11:50:40 PM
Reply #61

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think Zaha this season has gone up a notch, Palace have taken 0 points when he's not in the side, compared to 41 with - When you watch him now he looks a lot more dangerous - I'd also consider Loftus-Cheek as another option

RLC would be a very good signing for our 3 man midfield. Great Barkley replacement.

Would probably say outside the top 6 the best attacking talents are maybe (no order) :

Shaqiri, Arnautovic, Sigurdsson, Mahrez, Lanzini, Boufal, Tadic, Redmond, Gross, Zaha...

Can’t think of any more right now like. Any of the above would improve us a bit, three or four would take us up a level, one or two could comfortably play top 4 football with a bit of patience.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 09, 2018, 11:58:06 PM
Reply #62

Cereal Killer

Haven’t seen Richarlison since before Christmas la, talking about 1 in 6 players.

I kid, I kid. In all honesty, richarlison looks twice the player (closer to arnautovic to my eye as well). Would love him here.

The problem is one's 14m and the other will be over 40m

May 10, 2018, 12:09:10 AM
Reply #63

Paddockoldie

RLC would be a very good signing for our 3 man midfield. Great Barkley replacement.

Would probably say outside the top 6 the best attacking talents are maybe (no order) :

Shaqiri, Arnautovic, Sigurdsson, Mahrez, Lanzini, Boufal, Tadic, Redmond, Gross, Zaha...

Can’t think of any more right now like. Any of the above would improve us a bit, three or four would take us up a level, one or two could comfortably play top 4 football with a bit of patience.

Who dis Barkley kid you talking about? Has he got potential?

May 10, 2018, 12:26:18 AM
Reply #64

D15TIN

Who dis Barkley kid you talking about? Has he got potential?
Would anyone take him back on the cheap? Serious question

May 10, 2018, 12:47:18 AM
Reply #65

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

no
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

May 10, 2018, 01:16:12 AM
Reply #66

Paddockoldie

I think he wakes everyday from that dream. Badly advised and I reckon he knows it. I'd take him back for 8 but where do you play him?

May 10, 2018, 01:36:18 AM
Reply #67

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
in a flash
Is he an improvement on what we have?
Yes
Simply simply lovely

May 10, 2018, 01:46:00 AM
Reply #68

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Yep
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 10, 2018, 01:52:00 AM
Reply #69

KoemansNumberTens

I’d have Barkley back. I fancy they’d want more than they paid though and that would stick in the throat somewhat. Also he’s good but we desperately have to find 1 or 2 with potential to be great if we are gonna bridge the gap

Redmond is massively overrated. Zaha is probably the best player outside of the top 6.

The problem we have is that I’d imagine the likes of zaha would sooner wait for a better offer than sign for us. So even if we were the only interested party this summer he’d probably give it another season at palace.

May 10, 2018, 03:25:17 AM
Reply #70

Bluedylan

Should 'is he an improvement on what we've got' be the defining characteristic of our transfer policy? I'm not sure it should.

I think it should be more 'is he enough of an improvement?'.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 10, 2018, 04:33:35 AM
Reply #71

kramer0

Should 'is he an improvement on what we've got' be the defining characteristic of our transfer policy? I'm not sure it should.

I think it should be more 'is he enough of an improvement?'.

Yep. And potential should be a factor as well. You can get away with signing someone slightly better (or as good) as what you have if that player has lots of room to grow and you have the coaches to teach him.

Aside: I do think Barkley is an interesting project for the right manager. If you set him up with, say, Pochettino, it's not too hard to imagine him turning into a powerful, press-resistant midfielder like Mousa Dembele.

May 10, 2018, 04:44:06 AM
Reply #72

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Fuck Ross Barkley.

May 10, 2018, 04:49:59 AM
Reply #73

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Fuck Ross Barkley.

I would...

This is how this goes right?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 10, 2018, 05:26:07 AM
Reply #74

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I don’t think anyone’s saying shaqiri should be bought and is the answer to any problems.

But the fact is, for a cut price fee he wouldn’t be a bad signing for many prem teams, us included. Yeah, I get it, I want the next sane too, but he would add quality and ability to a squad that is among the most boring in the league.

Surely we can all agree on this fact ; he doesn’t look great at stoke, but for the right price he’d be useful.

Would not be surprised to see Chelsea buy him as a Hazard back up, or Liverpool as a Salah back up.