November 16, 2018, 03:44:19 PM

Author Topic: Xherdan Shaqiri  (Read 9137 times)

May 11, 2018, 12:54:24 AM
Reply #90

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Zaha and Shaqiri are both fine but I think we should probably stop signing attackers from the bottom of the table.

True, were probably going to take them there anyway.

Really tho - izquierdo anyone?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 11, 2018, 01:19:00 AM
Reply #91

Paddockoldie

Zaha and Shaqiri are both fine but I think we should probably stop signing attackers from the bottom of the table.

Especially as we don't play attacking football. What we need are 30+ expensive has beens.

May 11, 2018, 04:20:33 AM
Reply #92

Jamokachi

Everton fans would turn on zaha inside a couple of matches.

One of the worst passers in the league.

Shaqiri genuinely a better player.

wut

May 11, 2018, 04:32:24 AM
Reply #93

blue slug

I hope to god we dont sign shaqiri hes just a little shit house and definitely doesnt play for the team just himself, take Zaha every day of the week over him

May 11, 2018, 05:22:35 AM
Reply #94

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
wut

If you think Lennon or Bolasie ran down blind alleyways, well my mate have I got something for you - how about arguably the worst passing decisions in the league?

Do you think Barkley got dispossessed a lot - well well, literally one of the most often dispossessed players per 90 minutes in the league (not a big deal, but not typically something everton fans are into).

Defensive contribution? Shmenesive shmontibution.

Basically, I think both are mid table players who could be decent back up for top 6 teams. Neither would take us up a level.

Shaqiri has done more in his career, not sure why hes getting this level of disrespect?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 12, 2018, 01:25:02 AM
Reply #95

KoemansNumberTens

Id have him. Better than what we have, cheap and some margin for improvement. He ticks a lot of boxes. Hes not 1 whos going to transform us but most of our signings wont. Hes decent though and apparently available at a good price

Be very happy with 2 or 3 like him if they came with 1 or 2 with great potential

May 12, 2018, 01:37:44 AM
Reply #96

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I don't rate Zaha at all Shaqiri is arguably better but I don't think either of them are particularly a big improvement even on Bolasie

May 12, 2018, 04:23:32 AM
Reply #97

Lxxx

I don't rate Zaha at all Shaqiri is arguably better but I don't think either of them are particularly a big improvement even on Bolasie

Not that wed even be in for Zaha but hes on a different level to Bolasie now.

May 12, 2018, 01:53:32 PM
Reply #98

BlueForYou

No question
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

May 12, 2018, 01:56:52 PM
Reply #99

bluenuck

If you think Lennon or Bolasie ran down blind alleyways, well my mate have I got something for you - how about arguably the worst passing decisions in the league?

Do you think Barkley got dispossessed a lot - well well, literally one of the most often dispossessed players per 90 minutes in the league (not a big deal, but not typically something everton fans are into).

Defensive contribution? Shmenesive shmontibution.

Basically, I think both are mid table players who could be decent back up for top 6 teams. Neither would take us up a level.

Shaqiri has done more in his career, not sure why hes getting this level of disrespect?

Shaqiri is a good player. can't believe people are calling him shit.

May 12, 2018, 01:57:56 PM
Reply #100

BlueForYou

Good player, he is
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

May 12, 2018, 02:16:05 PM
Reply #101

Lxxx

Totally uninspired signing if it was to happen. It would again demonstrate we have no model, no strategy that were looking to implement when it comes to transfers or developing a style of play.

May 12, 2018, 02:19:51 PM
Reply #102

BlueForYou

Fair comment

But who would be an inspired signing and at what price?

Harry Catterick

May 12, 2018, 02:49:38 PM
Reply #103

Lxxx

Fair comment

But who would be an inspired signing and at what price?
I dont know, I dont get paid a million a year to develop this strategy.

Spurs have gatecrashed the top clubs by employing a young, hungry manager with an ethos of developing athletic players and implementing a style which is great to watch, effective and all done for a reasonable budget.

Of course Pochettinos dont grow on trees but it shouldnt be beyond the ability of a club like ours with the money we have to try and copy that model and identify managers who could grow/fit into that and sign players accordingly.

At the very least it would be better to watch than what we see now and give the fans something to buy into.

Ive digressed from the thread title, but no, I dont think Shaqiri is the answer.

May 12, 2018, 03:31:31 PM
Reply #104

KoemansNumberTens

Totally uninspired signing if it was to happen. It would again demonstrate we have no model, no strategy that were looking to implement when it comes to transfers or developing a style of play.

Disagree. Think hed be a signing in the sigurdsson mould but at possibly a third of the price. If they were all like that Id agree but a keep good proven player alongside a couple of younger bigger risk bigger reward signings and I think wed be on the right track