November 19, 2018, 07:10:23 PM

Author Topic: Xherdan Shaqiri  (Read 9190 times)

May 08, 2018, 09:46:40 PM
Read 9190 times

D15TIN

Didn't see a topic for him, anyway few rumours flying around that were interested in him - has a relegation release clause of 14.5 million, good value in this market - at 26 I think we should get him, anyone agree? I get that he maybe lacks consistency at times, think he's got 7/8 goals this season in a struggling side

May 08, 2018, 09:50:51 PM
Reply #1

D15TIN

Its a no from me.
Really? For that price I think he's worth it, he's an improvement on what we have and he's at a good age

May 08, 2018, 09:55:07 PM
Reply #2

D15TIN

Do you not think we need to stop making these type of signings though?

What type of signing would shaqiri fall into though?

May 09, 2018, 10:41:43 PM
Reply #3

D15TIN

We should try to sign Richarlison, or someone of that ilk, age group and promise. Frig 1 in 6 players like Shaqiri who go missing for months at a time.
That Richarlison hasn't had a good game for some time now, I'd probably take Doucoure like

May 09, 2018, 11:31:30 PM
Reply #4

D15TIN

This didn't use to be the case but I feel like the talent pool in the bottom of the league (or perhaps even outside of the top 6) is not what it was. Perhaps it's the bigger clubs being able to hoard players more than they used to, but I don't think there is really a great case for any attacking player currently in the bottom half of the PL who'd really help us push on and challenge the top 6. Surely that is the aim for us with anyone we bring in. A few squad players perhaps but nobody standout starting XI calibre.

Zaha would probably be the best example of someone who people say deserves to be playing higher up the league, but I don't think he is quite as good as people make out and I not nearly consistent enough...I mean 3 assists this season is not exactly stellar stuff and you know if he came here all those penalties he wins would dry up and he'd get 3 retroactive punishments for diving (which he frankly should've had this season anyhow).
I think Zaha this season has gone up a notch, Palace have taken 0 points when he's not in the side, compared to 41 with - When you watch him now he looks a lot more dangerous - I'd also consider Loftus-Cheek as another option

May 10, 2018, 12:26:18 AM
Reply #5

D15TIN

Who dis Barkley kid you talking about? Has he got potential?
Would anyone take him back on the cheap? Serious question

June 28, 2018, 10:05:07 PM
Reply #6

D15TIN

We’re not desperate for a winger, when compared to CM, LB and CB positions.

But....

Shaqiri > Bolasie & Mirallas

So if that could be sorted then I’d be very happy with Lookman, Walcott and Shaqiri as our options. (Not made my mind up on Vlasic yet, but he’s still young).
Vlasic looked better in the number 10 role, in the couple of games he played there (in Europe)