October 24, 2018, 09:30:39 AM

Author Topic: Xherdan Shaqiri  (Read 8917 times)

May 10, 2018, 01:52:00 AM
Read 8917 times

KoemansNumberTens

Id have Barkley back. I fancy theyd want more than they paid though and that would stick in the throat somewhat. Also hes good but we desperately have to find 1 or 2 with potential to be great if we are gonna bridge the gap

Redmond is massively overrated. Zaha is probably the best player outside of the top 6.

The problem we have is that Id imagine the likes of zaha would sooner wait for a better offer than sign for us. So even if we were the only interested party this summer hed probably give it another season at palace.

May 12, 2018, 01:25:02 AM
Reply #1

KoemansNumberTens

Id have him. Better than what we have, cheap and some margin for improvement. He ticks a lot of boxes. Hes not 1 whos going to transform us but most of our signings wont. Hes decent though and apparently available at a good price

Be very happy with 2 or 3 like him if they came with 1 or 2 with great potential

May 12, 2018, 03:31:31 PM
Reply #2

KoemansNumberTens

Totally uninspired signing if it was to happen. It would again demonstrate we have no model, no strategy that were looking to implement when it comes to transfers or developing a style of play.

Disagree. Think hed be a signing in the sigurdsson mould but at possibly a third of the price. If they were all like that Id agree but a keep good proven player alongside a couple of younger bigger risk bigger reward signings and I think wed be on the right track

May 12, 2018, 08:41:35 PM
Reply #3

KoemansNumberTens

Why is being "better than Bolasie" such an apparent justification to sign him? Just because someone is better than a player we have here doesn't mean he's the level of player we want.

Well its not but being coupled with the fact that hes available for well below market value (apparently) he would surely be a decent enough signing

May 12, 2018, 08:46:10 PM
Reply #4

KoemansNumberTens

So you want us to sign players just because they look decent value as opposed to whether we actually need them or not. Okay.

Decent value and better than what we have seems a good place to start. Hes a good premier league player whod get in our team and is way under market value. Yeah Id be okay with us signing him

May 12, 2018, 08:48:33 PM
Reply #5

KoemansNumberTens

Then you've low standards for a guy who's spent every ten minutes this season telling us how shit everyone and everything is.

Hes comparable to sigurdsson in quality at a third of the cost. Who do you want us to sign?

May 12, 2018, 10:44:48 PM
Reply #6

KoemansNumberTens

Meh, not going to continue fighting his corner, partly because hes not really worth it. If we did get him I wouldnt be breaking out the champagne, but I would say if you put him in eredvisie in say kluiverts place, hed probably tear the shite out of it.

Is what it is. Im sure someone will have him.

If hes really available so cheaply I wouldnt be that surprised to see 1 of the top 6 take him as a squad player

May 12, 2018, 11:14:54 PM
Reply #7

KoemansNumberTens

I would be massively surprised if that happens

Doesnt say much about him but he looks like the sort of player Chelsea like to take a punt on (and never play)

May 12, 2018, 11:27:03 PM
Reply #8

KoemansNumberTens

You come out with some fuckin rubbish too frequently.

Im probably a bit stupid. Would explain the frequency xx

June 07, 2018, 04:33:17 PM
Reply #9

KoemansNumberTens

Ive come round to the idea that spending 12 mil on him is a bit of a no brainer.

Im sure a few weeks ago I was adamantly against it.

I talked you round didnt I.

June 07, 2018, 04:39:56 PM
Reply #10

KoemansNumberTens

Swerve Shaqiri

Hes a bargain at 12m. Be worth more than double that had stoke stayed up

June 07, 2018, 04:57:44 PM
Reply #11

KoemansNumberTens

Has he actually enhanced his reputation at Stoke though? I'm not sure he'd be worth 25m+ if they'd survived the drop.

His numbers were pretty good last season. Not sure you get a good premier league player for less than 25m these days.

June 07, 2018, 05:16:51 PM
Reply #12

KoemansNumberTens

Yeah, but doesn't our policy stretch beyond that now? I thought last summer was the year of the 'good Premier League player'.

We need a squad and getting a good player at half price seems a clever move. I want great young prospects too but theres nothing wrong with a safe bet on the cheap to go with it.

Deals like this and Walcott arent the problem. Its the 45m for sigurdsson and 30 for Keane. Cant turn down a bargain when they are better than what we have

June 08, 2018, 03:12:19 PM
Reply #13

KoemansNumberTens

I think the likes of shaqiri, barkley and delph aren't clever enough with their careers. They don't seem to take into account the attractively of a low fee when the big sides come in for them. None of the 3 would get them moves at their real market value because none of the 3 were really valued by the top sides