July 23, 2018, 05:10:08 PM

Author Topic: Yankee Roodle Dandy?  (Read 12772 times)

May 10, 2018, 01:41:57 AM
Reply #15

Toffee1

When Allardyce is finally given the boot, there will be a lot of coaching spots left as his backroom staff, would go also and maybe the option of being a player coach would appeal to Rooney. He can then play the odd game and get a good level of coaching experience.

May 10, 2018, 01:45:02 AM
Reply #16

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah would have liked to have seen what he could have produced over a year in SS / 10 / CF with others around him, but unfortunately needs must and he’s been pushed into a hard position in modern game.

10 goals and near top of our xg is testemant to his qualities, shame he’s basically wasted his last year in the prem at one of the most negative shitey long ball hoof teams going.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 10, 2018, 03:25:49 AM
Reply #17

van der Meyde

Still think its been worthwhile overall given that were not so constrained financially.

Hes started 36 games (40 apps in total) this season which has been too much; probably evidenced by him scoring a goal every other game before Christmas and none since.

Also the pattern of his substitutions has been poor.

Constantly being taken off after an hour is dumb when there are situations when hed be much more useful in the last 30 mins.

Much like the overall plans this season, theres been no proper assessment of what would be best in which situation.
Been more useful in the last 30 minutes as in coming off the bench or  just finishing the match?

May 10, 2018, 03:31:48 AM
Reply #18

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Been more useful in the last 30 minutes as in coming off the bench or  just finishing the match?

Coming off the bench.

Eg in the Derby if the game plan was to bore the game to death for 75 mins then try and push for a winner, hed surely have been more use with fresh legs for the last 20 mins than not being great as a DM for the first 2/3s of the game.

May 10, 2018, 04:37:43 AM
Reply #19

Jamokachi

Our top scorer. Far from a disaster. Poorly managed in terms go game time, thus affecting his input. No issues with seeing him here next season.

May 10, 2018, 05:28:08 AM
Reply #20

Evertonian in NC

Still think its been worthwhile overall given that were not so constrained financially.

Hes started 36 games (40 apps in total) this season which has been too much; probably evidenced by him scoring a goal every other game before Christmas and none since.

Also the pattern of his substitutions has been poor.

Constantly being taken off after an hour is dumb when there are situations when hed be much more useful in the last 30 mins.

Much like the overall plans this season, theres been no proper assessment of what would be best in which situation.

I can't even count how many tools I got for suggesting how mutually beneficial it might be to use him as a super sub rather than run him into the ground as a starter.

Of course, that presumed a reasonably good season before Koeman imploded, not in my wildest dreams did I imagine we would try sending him out to do donkey work.  That's proper mad.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 10, 2018, 05:32:04 AM
Reply #21

van der Meyde

Coming off the bench.

Eg in the Derby if the game plan was to bore the game to death for 75 mins then try and push for a winner, hed surely have been more use with fresh legs for the last 20 mins than not being great as a DM for the first 2/3s of the game.
I agree, but for a long time he was one of the only players capable of passing the ball in midfield, so easy to see why he started so many games.

May 10, 2018, 09:50:54 AM
Reply #22

howard1334

Our top scorer. Far from a disaster. Poorly managed in terms go game time, thus affecting his input. No issues with seeing him here next season.

Yeah, i think that it is fair. I just worry that managers are afraid to not start him when he needs a rest given who he is.

I think that was part of Allardyce's issue with him. Start Wayne Rooney and lose; none of the uninformed pundits or commentators blame Allardyce. Bench Wayne Rooney and lose; the pundits and commentators turn on him.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 09:52:37 AM by howard1334 »

May 10, 2018, 07:32:37 PM
Reply #23

KevtheRat

Gone according to the BBC breaking news......

May 10, 2018, 07:33:23 PM
Reply #24

Macca77

May 10, 2018, 07:33:33 PM
Reply #25

Ross

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 10, 2018, 07:34:19 PM
Reply #26

Macca77

Didnt see the other thread

Abort !!

May 10, 2018, 07:36:10 PM
Reply #27

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Quite a sad moment.

May 10, 2018, 07:36:34 PM
Reply #28

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
So much about this story surprises me
Simply simply lovely

May 10, 2018, 07:36:38 PM
Reply #29

Macca77

Wish him all the best, not a massive loss to us.