July 17, 2018, 08:39:00 PM

Author Topic: Yankee Roodle Dandy?  (Read 12646 times)

May 23, 2018, 02:57:45 PM
Reply #135

dunkster

If we get 12 million for him we would have got away with one. I think a back lash would come from him playing another season and watching him deteriorate even further.

I don't think we get anymore than the saving of 8 million in wages.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 23, 2018, 03:01:21 PM
Reply #136

dunkster

Waynes issue is he still believes he can demand a starting place in each game and also throws the rattle out the pram at being substituted.
And he's far too well paid as an impact sub as well. Personally I've just enjoyed him coming home even though it was just 12 months. I can't honestly say he played like someone who was just on a sentimental jolly. He put plenty of effort in but unfortunately just hasn't got IT nowadays.
Also, dropping him back into the defensive midfield was pointless.
He still finished as top scorer despite spending half the season in a non scoring position.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 03:02:42 PM by dunkster »
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 23, 2018, 03:06:59 PM
Reply #137

AllyBlue14

He put plenty of effort in but unfortunately just hasn't got IT nowadays.

Has Colleen unplugged his computer?!

May 23, 2018, 03:11:22 PM
Reply #138

dunkster

Has Colleen unplugged his computer?!

Its been an eventful 12 months for Wayne hasn't it..lol
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

May 23, 2018, 04:15:00 PM
Reply #139

Macca77

Bye Wayne

May 23, 2018, 04:52:08 PM
Reply #140

Optimistic Blue

This man is not an Everton legend and should not be remembered as such, despite the media portayal he doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as even the Osman's or hibberts of this world in terms of contributions for this club. He is a Man U legend, an England legend, NOT an Everton legend x
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

May 23, 2018, 05:13:15 PM
Reply #141

themilkycoffees

This man is not an Everton legend and should not be remembered as such, despite the media portayal he doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as even the Osman's or hibberts of this world in terms of contributions for this club. He is a Man U legend, an England legend, NOT an Everton legend x

Hibbert and Osman are not Everton legends either.

May 23, 2018, 05:47:43 PM
Reply #142

Macca77

Hearing rumour's that Moshiri wants him gone asap to get him off the wage bill

May 23, 2018, 05:51:39 PM
Reply #143

Evertonian in NC

Brands wants to lower the wage bill

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/999195646828662784?s=19

Hint, hint Wayne.  DC better not be a carefully constructed bluff.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 23, 2018, 06:40:13 PM
Reply #144

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Heís reading my mind baby
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 23, 2018, 07:20:51 PM
Reply #145

SANA_DR0

Can see Schneiderlin and Klassen joining him..
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

May 23, 2018, 07:31:32 PM
Reply #146

Waltzer

Waynes issue is he still believes he can demand a starting place in each game and also throws the rattle out the pram at being substituted.
And he's far too well paid as an impact sub as well. Personally I've just enjoyed him coming home even though it was just 12 months. I can't honestly say he played like someone who was just on a sentimental jolly. He put plenty of effort in but unfortunately just hasn't got IT nowadays.
Also, dropping him back into the defensive midfield was pointless.
He still finished as top scorer despite spending half the season in a non scoring position.

Little harsh, I dont think there were many players last season that put in more and offered more and as you said he was our leading goalscorer and contributed a fair bit. He was slightly hamstrung, as the entire team were with no striker. I think in a team with good quality, a top striker he would have been much more effective than he was, but as alluded too, he was still one of our best performers. If his wages werent so high I think it'd be a no brainer to keep him, but the wages arent his issue, its Moshiri that signed the cheque and I can guarantee we'll be contributing to them next season even if he does move

May 23, 2018, 07:35:28 PM
Reply #147

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Little harsh, I dont think there were many players last season that put in more and offered more and as you said he was our leading goalscorer and contributed a fair bit. He was slightly hamstrung, as the entire team were with no striker. I think in a team with good quality, a top striker he would have been much more effective than he was, but as alluded too, he was still one of our best performers. If his wages werent so high I think it'd be a no brainer to keep him, but the wages arent his issue, its Moshiri that signed the cheque and I can guarantee we'll be contributing to them next season even if he does move

Heís still a good player undoubtedly and I would have liked to seen what he could have done in a good side.

Question is - where do you play him? He canít play cm and we canít have more slow pedestrian forwards.

And if you can get rid of £150k people wages and gain £12m for a 30+ year old with no real position and a desperate need to rebuild - the truth is itís probably much, much smarter to get rid than try an either build your team around a formally world class-now faded force or crowbar him into a good side and hope for the best.

He did alright, he was unlucky the rest of the side went to bits and he still managed 10 prem goals. Thanks and goodbye imo
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 23, 2018, 07:38:31 PM
Reply #148

Waltzer

Heís still a good player undoubtedly and I would have liked to seen what he could have done in a good side.

Question is - where do you play him? He canít play cm and we canít have more slow pedestrian forwards.

And if you can get rid of £150k people wages and gain £12m for a 30+ year old with no real position and a desperate need to rebuild - the truth is itís probably much, much smarter to get rid than try an either build your team around a formally world class-now faded force or crowbar him into a good side and hope for the best.

He did alright, he was unlucky the rest of the side went to bits and he still managed 10 prem goals. Thanks and goodbye imo

Cant argue with that, although like you said, id like to see what he could do in a decent side with lots of pace around him. I also think theres a lot to having him at the club due to his stature in the game and the draw of him. Albeit he was very much on the decline hes still a world wide name with huge appeal on and off the pitch, its whether thats worth 150k a week, which it probably isnt!

May 23, 2018, 07:40:25 PM
Reply #149

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Cant argue with that, although like you said, id like to see what he could do in a decent side with lots of pace around him. I also think theres a lot to having him at the club due to his stature in the game and the draw of him. Albeit he was very much on the decline hes still a world wide name with huge appeal on and off the pitch, its whether thats worth 150k a week, which it probably isnt!

Yeah agree, heís still a big profile.

If that 150k can go towards some badly needed quality then frankly Iíd drive him there.