May 22, 2018, 11:08:58 PM

Author Topic: Matthew Pennington  (Read 1425 times)

May 12, 2018, 01:11:08 AM
Reply #15

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Extends contract and gets sold to a struggling team in Jan for about £5/6m
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 12, 2018, 01:11:47 AM
Reply #16

KoemansNumberTens

Could you be arsed moaning about this though.

Iíll moan about anything as well you know. Truth is I donít really care but it just seem a bit of an odd 1.

May 12, 2018, 01:12:14 AM
Reply #17

Alanvideo

Yeah but Gibson was out of contact and it was a business decision. Pennington has a year left on his deal so it’s not actually the same as he’d still be under contract and any new DoF or manager could assess him for themselves before deciding on his potential.
...................he didn't have a year left on his deal .It would have run out next month. People would be moaning if we let him go for free ,this way we get a few quid.
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 12, 2018, 01:19:50 AM
Reply #18

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Why not sell him now. Low fee big sell on clause. Let him get on with his career with the security of a payday if he makes it back. We seem to like to secure players without any thought of their actual value or potential

Bigger fee and still a sell on clause makes more sense

May 12, 2018, 01:22:20 AM
Reply #19

KoemansNumberTens

Bigger fee and still a sell on clause makes more sense

Do you see his value increasing though. Heís 23 no real chance of game time. I think he found his current level with his last loan. Canít see him ever making an impact here. Just seems odd to keep sending him out on loan (I assume thatís the plan for next season)

May 12, 2018, 01:25:13 AM
Reply #20

BlueForYou

In this instance, one year would have been suffice
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

May 12, 2018, 01:27:12 AM
Reply #21

Ross

...................he didn't have a year left on his deal .It would have run out next month. People would be moaning if we let him go for free ,this way we get a few quid.

Well all the reports at the time stated it was until the end off the 2019 season Al.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/another-exciting-everton-youngster-signs-12865821
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 12, 2018, 01:31:58 AM
Reply #22

Alanvideo

Well all the reports at the time stated it was until the end off the 2019 season Al.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/another-exciting-everton-youngster-signs-12865821
..................his new contract runs till 2021 it is now reported ,so that's 3 years from now and it must over-ride the one year extension . But it's Everton so we expect confusion.
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 12, 2018, 01:44:23 AM
Reply #23

Ross

..................his new contract runs till 2021 it is now reported ,so that's 3 years from now and it must over-ride the one year extension . But it's Everton so we expect confusion.

Given the rumoured changing of the guard it is a little confusing like i said initially.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 12, 2018, 01:45:15 AM
Reply #24

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Iíll moan about anything as well you know. Truth is I donít really care but it just seem a bit of an odd 1.

Understand where you're coming from

He'll be on 15k max and we can sell him for a bit of money if he doesn't impress the new manager.

The academy has a budget on its own from what's been reported so this will help finance signings like the Gibson and bowler transfers.

May 12, 2018, 02:03:04 AM
Reply #25

GrantyBoy78

Understand where you're coming from

He'll be on 15k max and we can sell him for a bit of money if he doesn't impress the new manager.

The academy has a budget on its own from what's been reported so this will help finance signings like the Gibson and bowler transfers.
Yep, weíve secured an asset, thatís all.

Someone called this a few months ago and I thought they were full of shit. Fair play.

May 12, 2018, 02:35:55 AM
Reply #26

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Might be a late developer
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 12, 2018, 04:17:42 AM
Reply #27

Lxxx

Didnít he do alright initially at Leeds. He might be decent at that level, another season on loan and then a £3m fee means itíll have been worth doing.

May 12, 2018, 04:38:23 AM
Reply #28

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Didnít he do alright initially at Leeds. He might be decent at that level, another season on loan and then a £3m fee means itíll have been worth doing.

Someone I work with has a Leeds season ticket and he says he just seems too weak for that level.

May 12, 2018, 01:58:31 PM
Reply #29

Lxxx

Someone I work with has a Leeds season ticket and he says he just seems too weak for that level.

We must be aiming for the Chelsea model then of having a huge squad and loaning half of it annually to bring in extra revenue, if weíre giving contracts out to players who arenít good enough for the top level or the top of the championship.