May 25, 2018, 10:28:04 AM

Author Topic: Matthew Pennington  (Read 1446 times)

May 12, 2018, 02:02:54 PM
Reply #30

BlueForYou

The modern way - a decent contracts manager worth its weight in £££s
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

May 13, 2018, 07:05:41 PM
Reply #31

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We must be aiming for the Chelsea model then of having a huge squad and loaning half of it annually to bring in extra revenue, if weíre giving contracts out to players who arenít good enough for the top level or the top of the championship.

The issue with that is that Chelseaís youth players are actually very good
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 13, 2018, 09:40:37 PM
Reply #32

Lxxx

The issue with that is that Chelseaís youth players are actually very good

Our U-23ís won the league last year. They didnít too badly this year. We just need to find a way of harnessing that into both 1st team progression and a more successful loan system than weíve seen in the previous few years.

May 13, 2018, 09:42:18 PM
Reply #33

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Our U-23ís won the league last year. They didnít too badly this year. We just need to find a way of harnessing that into both 1st team progression and a more successful loan system than weíve seen in the previous few years.

That was a great generation but in general Chelsea light years.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 13, 2018, 10:27:00 PM
Reply #34

KoemansNumberTens

Utds under 23s got relegated. I think itís a level no one really cares about.

May 14, 2018, 06:24:56 AM
Reply #35

Ramjam

Pennington canít be any worse than Keane, that prick had another nightmare yesterday
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 14, 2018, 02:42:58 PM
Reply #36

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Pennington can't be any worse than Keane, that prick had another nightmare yesterday
But he is tho

Simply simply lovely

May 14, 2018, 05:15:27 PM
Reply #37

Lxxx

Remember those golden days of a young Coleman, Baines and Jags in their prime, an athletic Distin still playing at a high level at a young lad called Stones learning his trade. Shocking squad management since. 

May 14, 2018, 05:19:55 PM
Reply #38

Rodenplav64

Pennington , Holgate and Kenny are better than Keane , Martina  and Williams .

May 14, 2018, 08:46:17 PM
Reply #39

KoemansNumberTens

Pennington , Holgate and Kenny are better than Keane , Martina  and Williams .

Pennington is the worst of the 6 by an absolute mile

May 14, 2018, 09:40:05 PM
Reply #40

Lxxx

I can only assume weíre hoping his next loan might be a successful one which might make us a few quid on any potential sale.

May 14, 2018, 09:58:26 PM
Reply #41

School of Science

Remember those golden days of a young Coleman, Baines and Jags in their prime, an athletic Distin still playing at a high level at a young lad called Stones learning his trade. Shocking squad management since. 

And who was the manager then working on a shoestring ? The one who always gets slagged off on here. Sad thing is he's the best manager we've had since Royle.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 09:59:43 PM by School of Science »
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

May 14, 2018, 10:03:02 PM
Reply #42

KoemansNumberTens

And who was the manager then working on a shoestring ? The one who always gets slagged off on here. Sad thing is he's the best manager we've had since Royle.

I donít think he really gets slagged off. Just people donít think he should be part of our future

I do think the fact that our players arenít particularly successful on loan is really down to them not being very good. We seem to create a large volume of decent professionals but very little (bordering on nothing) that could go play for the 6 good sides in the league

May 16, 2018, 12:33:52 AM
Reply #43

Everton Mint

We have cut right down this year. Only 4 lads from the U18's got kept on...

As for Pennington - my mate's a Leeds fan and says he's been rubbish for them.