July 17, 2018, 07:14:37 AM

Author Topic: Danny Rose  (Read 5415 times)

May 13, 2018, 01:15:49 PM
Reply #15

Ramjam

I can see that Spurs team starting to break up, Walker gone, Rose and Alderweireld wants away all for more money, maybe Alli or Kane would break them after that.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 13, 2018, 01:23:21 PM
Reply #16

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I refuse to believe we need another left back. In my head Baines will always be exceptional even when he's 40. Yes I'm in denial

May 13, 2018, 02:38:04 PM
Reply #17

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I refuse to believe we need another left back. In my head Baines will always be exceptional even when he's 40. Yes I'm in denial

We need obviously need another one anyway but they’re going to have been a good player even with Baines’ advancing years to be a guaranteed starter ahead of him.

People go on about Rose, Bertrand etc but neither is a patch on Baines at his peak.

May 13, 2018, 02:41:07 PM
Reply #18

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
We need obviously need another one anyway but they’re going to have been a good player even with Baines’ advancing years to be a guaranteed starter ahead of him.

People go on about Rose, Bertrand etc but neither is a patch on Baines at his peak.

Only Ashley Cole was near him at his peak and they were very different players (Baines still all do for me). I wish we had an Oviedo. Decent enough but not arsed about being on the bench. Obviously I know we need a long term replacement for Baines but I want it to be a natural thing. It's sentimental but the idea of us spending big bucks and him just being replaced kills me

May 13, 2018, 02:42:02 PM
Reply #19

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Peak Baines is as good a left-back as I’ve seen. Of course you’ve got your Maldini’s but in terms of contemporary full-back play Baines was the one.

May 13, 2018, 03:00:33 PM
Reply #20

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Ashley Cole was a great all round full back. Diminished a bit by him being a knob.

But Baines is a great footballer.

Career wise it would have been great for him to accept that offer from Bayern.

May 13, 2018, 03:24:26 PM
Reply #21

TheTone

Gets docked a few points with that dog in a pram carry on

May 13, 2018, 04:05:14 PM
Reply #22

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Gutted I'm probably never going to see the Baines in midfield experiment.

He would've smashed it there.

May 13, 2018, 04:27:28 PM
Reply #23

Mayor Farnum

I wonder if Marcus Rashford could have a word with Rose and turn his head a little.

May 13, 2018, 05:20:03 PM
Reply #24

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Totally agree, although I do think at some point over the last few years pure athleticism started to be regarded more highly than things like crossing ability and tackling, especially in the prem.

Maybe it was Coleman who helped usher that in, but a lot of the next generation of fullbacks all seemed to be pure engines.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 13, 2018, 06:43:23 PM
Reply #25

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Totally agree, although I do think at some point over the last few years pure athleticism started to be regarded more highly than things like crossing ability and tackling, especially in the prem.

Maybe it was Coleman who helped usher that in, but a lot of the next generation of fullbacks all seemed to be pure engines.

Yes I agree.

They’re expected to cover the whole flank quickly.

Actual ability is lower on the scale, particularly if a side plays with narrow wide men.

May 13, 2018, 06:47:46 PM
Reply #26

dunkster

Fookin hell. Wasn't there a thread made about how sad Baines fall from grace has become, before he got injured??
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 13, 2018, 06:59:24 PM
Reply #27

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yes I agree.

They’re expected to cover the whole flank quickly.

Actual ability is lower on the scale, particularly if a side plays with narrow wide men.

Even more pronounced with wingbacks, don’t even really need any positional awareness because your midfield and cb cover you, you literally just need to put up like Herculean kilometres at pace and bang balls into the box.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 13, 2018, 07:00:37 PM
Reply #28

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Fookin hell. Wasn't there a thread made about how sad Baines fall from grace has become, before he got injured??

Oh yeah he’s finito now like and so he should be at his age, injury history and amount of games played, but he was the closest we’ve had to genuinely one of the best in Europe in his position. Maybe Lukaku since.

May 13, 2018, 07:05:46 PM
Reply #29

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Still think in a team that’s keeping the ball and playing decent stuff that he’d still be good enough.

We just can’t have no other option again though.