September 25, 2018, 06:55:08 AM

Author Topic: Danny Rose  (Read 6127 times)

May 13, 2018, 01:23:21 PM
Read 6127 times

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I refuse to believe we need another left back. In my head Baines will always be exceptional even when he's 40. Yes I'm in denial

May 13, 2018, 02:41:07 PM
Reply #1

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
We need obviously need another one anyway but they’re going to have been a good player even with Baines’ advancing years to be a guaranteed starter ahead of him.

People go on about Rose, Bertrand etc but neither is a patch on Baines at his peak.

Only Ashley Cole was near him at his peak and they were very different players (Baines still all do for me). I wish we had an Oviedo. Decent enough but not arsed about being on the bench. Obviously I know we need a long term replacement for Baines but I want it to be a natural thing. It's sentimental but the idea of us spending big bucks and him just being replaced kills me

May 27, 2018, 10:23:45 PM
Reply #2

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Too much money thaf

May 28, 2018, 04:15:08 AM
Reply #3

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He’s one of the players where I’d be wary of how they’ll perform away from Pochettino.

Great energy for the modern game but not too sure on general footballing ability.

Although I struggle to not compare full backs with peak level Baines in this regard.

I don't think there is a fullback as comfortable as Baines on the ball

June 04, 2018, 12:05:45 AM
Reply #4

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I like Young at fullback and as long as we have a more expressive option as well we will be fine.