August 18, 2018, 11:36:08 PM

Author Topic: DCL next season  (Read 2318 times)

May 13, 2018, 08:46:00 PM
Reply #15

stirlingblue

Do we think he already has the capability to change a game from the bench?

That’s what we should be looking at having on the bench if we’re serious about kicking in next year. If there were lower prem teams interested in him and guaranteeing game time we’d be silly to turn it down, but he’s not going to get any better by playing in the Championship.

May 13, 2018, 08:59:13 PM
Reply #16

Evertonian in NC

All depends on the manager, in my view.

Remember that he has worked together well with Lookman previously (in the international realm) and presumably a new, progressive manager will attempt to capture that synergy.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 14, 2018, 05:01:35 AM
Reply #17

toffee_scot

If we bring a striker in or a midfielder who can score goals then yes a loan at a decent level works. If not he needs to stay. We can't afford for Niasse to be our only really alternative

Depends if Onyekuru and Sandro will be part of Everton's plans this summer.

May 14, 2018, 05:02:38 AM
Reply #18

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Depends if Onyekuru and Sandro will be part of Everton's plans this summer.

Henry staying for another year at anderecht apparently.

Would sell Sandro tbh, he clearly doesn’t want to be here.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 14, 2018, 06:06:48 AM
Reply #19

Trublue

Dom is one of the few success stories of this season.  He was asked to do a job that he wasn't ready for until January. The experience he gained must be a plus point.

May 14, 2018, 08:24:58 AM
Reply #20

SANA_DR0

i want to see our players (think there where 7 in the squad excluding Davies) who won the world cup a chance to play together.. therefor keep DCL.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

May 14, 2018, 08:52:18 PM
Reply #21

D15TIN

his finishing is his real weak point, I'd like to see him on a loan somewhere for a season lower down the league maybe. Got some good attributes - I just don't see us improving with him as a starter though

May 14, 2018, 10:06:14 PM
Reply #22

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
He needs regular game time, and we have less to offer now with no Europa League, so he should go on loan.

He's not a reliable enough option yet to be getting regular time at the level we're (supposedly) aiming for...32 appearances, 4 goals. I can't imagine that ratio improves with less game time.

May 14, 2018, 10:14:43 PM
Reply #23

KoemansNumberTens

He gets fantastic support in here for someone with a 1 in 8 record. How does his striker rate compare to previous greats like Madar, Cadermateri, Barlow or Angel? I don’t think he’d pull up trees in the championship

May 14, 2018, 10:24:55 PM
Reply #24

MmmblueBernard

his finishing is his real weak point

Which doesn’t bode well for a wannabe striker. He doesn’t seem to be a natural finisher which may be his downfall.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

May 14, 2018, 11:22:18 PM
Reply #25

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He gets fantastic support in here for someone with a 1 in 8 record. How does his striker rate compare to previous greats like Madar, Cadermateri, Barlow or Angel? I don’t think he’d pull up trees in the championship

Because some of us can see the potential and the rate at which he's improved over the last 18 months.

May 14, 2018, 11:29:16 PM
Reply #26

gizzblue

He gets fantastic support in here for someone with a 1 in 8 record. How does his striker rate compare to previous greats like Madar, Cadermateri, Barlow or Angel? I don't think he'd pull up trees in the championship
How many of them games has ha actually played as a striker ...just curious because again the stats miss the story's point completely.

May 14, 2018, 11:33:48 PM
Reply #27

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Madness the disrespect this lad gets.

Isn’t he our top assist maker as well?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 14, 2018, 11:58:55 PM
Reply #28

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Madness the disrespect this lad gets.

Isn’t he our top assist maker as well?

Massively short sighted. But the ones not rating him are the usual suspects, so I guess it means fuck all really.

May 14, 2018, 11:59:45 PM
Reply #29

woodduck

He just isn't at the level we need. For a striker he just doesn't score enough goals. And he doesn't have the explosive pace or trickery that will cause defences to back off and get nervous. I'm not quite sure how you can expect someone without those attributes to get game time.

And the shouts saying he needs to develop at Everton - he's 21. If he hasn't looked like making it at that age, then I think in general it's too late.

He's got a great attitude and work ethic, but he is not what Everton need at this point.