August 18, 2018, 11:36:06 PM

Author Topic: DCL next season  (Read 2317 times)

May 15, 2018, 12:01:04 AM
Reply #30

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
lolol

May 15, 2018, 12:03:02 AM
Reply #31

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I personally donít think DCL has it. Strikers who canít score are not worth the effort to play them. Would take a Niasse over DCL anytime.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 15, 2018, 12:17:07 AM
Reply #32

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Jeeeeez.

May 15, 2018, 12:20:40 AM
Reply #33

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'm a harsh critic, especially on the young lads but I don't get how anyone can't see the potential in this lad. I'm not saying he is gonna be world class but he will have a good career and I hope its with us
Simply simply lovely

May 15, 2018, 12:23:54 AM
Reply #34

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I would be willing to give him a chance but i just don't see it. Most likely be proved wrong but he just can't score. Even simple tap ins are a struggle.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 15, 2018, 12:24:06 AM
Reply #35

Outworlder47

Writing a player off when he hasn't scored 20 goals in his age 20 season is the epitome of silliness.

Not saying they're equivalent players by any means, but Harry Kane only scored 4 in 19 at the same age in the Premier League...

May 15, 2018, 12:24:40 AM
Reply #36

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
More assists than Sigurdsson.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 15, 2018, 12:33:30 AM
Reply #37

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
There's more to being centre forward than scoring goals.

May 15, 2018, 12:36:30 AM
Reply #38

KoemansNumberTens

Writing a player off when he hasn't scored 20 goals in his age 20 season is the epitome of silliness.

Not saying they're equivalent players by any means, but Harry Kane only scored 4 in 19 at the same age in the Premier League...

Love the Kane thing. Itís just extremely daft. You can apply that to everyone with a shitty record
Itís the same with the Alex Ferguson/Howard Kendall arguements for not sacking managers. Itís nonsense using an extreme outliner to defend everyone elseís record

May 15, 2018, 12:38:14 AM
Reply #39

Danny

I honestly thought he was a bit of a plodder target man earlier in the season, as it went on he seemed to get faster and faster.

I'd keep him and Davies here unless Bournemouth come in for either of them, would be an ideal loan.

May 15, 2018, 12:40:03 AM
Reply #40

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Madness the disrespect this lad gets.

Isnít he our top assist maker as well?

I think it's about being realistic. He's young, he needs to play if he's going to improve...and I think we can all agree he's not the finished article. If you don't think he belongs in the starting XI personally I think he has enough to work on it'd be to his benefit to get as much game time as possible.

Do you agree we need another striker and a replacement to Bolasie (even if that's Lookman)? In which case how much game time would he get? For me, he should follow Lukaku's route when he wasn't getting a look in at Chelsea...take a season long loan and play week in, week out.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 12:46:16 AM by blueToffee »

May 15, 2018, 12:44:02 AM
Reply #41

MmmblueBernard

There's more to being centre forward than scoring goals.

Oh aye, no one disagrees, but itís a pretty big attribute to fall short on relative to position.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

May 15, 2018, 12:44:59 AM
Reply #42

MmmblueBernard

Basically, the best bits of DCL are the worst bits of Lukaku. And vice versa.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

May 15, 2018, 01:19:42 AM
Reply #43

Lxxx

Madness the disrespect this lad gets.

Isnít he our top assist maker as well?

I donít think itís really disrespect. The strides he has made the past 12 months have been down to him playing regular games and learning the game at the top level week in week out. If appearances this season will be more limited then heís probably better getting another 30-odd games under his belt elsewhere to continue his education. Providing itís at a decent level and not the lazy championship shouts.

May 15, 2018, 02:49:28 AM
Reply #44

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think it's about being realistic. He's young, he needs to play if he's going to improve...and I think we can all agree he's not the finished article. If you don't think he belongs in the starting XI personally I think he has enough to work on it'd be to his benefit to get as much game time as possible.

Do you agree we need another striker and a replacement to Bolasie (even if that's Lookman)? In which case how much game time would he get? For me, he should follow Lukaku's route when he wasn't getting a look in at Chelsea...take a season long loan and play week in, week out.

I think he could play enough next year to justify his place to be honest, but i’m not entirely against him going on loan and getting experience.

Just blown away by the ‘get rid he’s never going to make it’ shouts after he’s had the best season from a young player that we’ve had since barkley’s proper breakout season.

I’m personally quietly excited about him.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.