October 18, 2019, 01:22:29 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 176984 times)

July 17, 2018, 10:37:31 PM
Reply #1455

Thornton_19

Nazi links on Twitter or something wasn't there? Wasn't that why he was getting booed?
He got booed because he screamed Ukraine into the TV Cameras. Russians werent happy folk because of that.

July 17, 2018, 11:07:00 PM
Reply #1456

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
According to this we only have 3 players on 100+, Sig, Walcott and Schneiderlin. Sandro is only on 65k and Klaassen on 70k

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/everton-f.c/payroll/

And this one has them on even less, its all confusing?

http://tsmsportz.com/football/everton-players-salaries/

Has there ever been a definitive that they're on massive contracts? Not having a go as my understanding was they were on 100k+ until I saw these articles

I know Klaassen and Sandro were reported well over 100k at the time of signing, but perhaps that included certain bonuses, which neither will certainly be meeting. So perhaps those figures are basic excluding the bonuses.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

July 17, 2018, 11:27:33 PM
Reply #1457

Evertonian in NC

Offloading Rooney and Mori was massive in terms of shifting wages. I'm weirdly happy for Martina to stick around. He's happy to be in and out the squad and can provide a back up as this choice in two positions. Williams though being ahead of Jags or Holgate would make me very sad.  Without buying a centre back he will stay though

Even if we (frighteningly) brought nobody else in, even a LB/CB hybrid type, I'd play Kenny at CB ahead of Williams and have him as 5th choice.  Jags should really be your 4th man at this stage, but if we have to use him as our 3rd I can live with that (behind Keane and Holgate, who should be the clear starting pair).
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 17, 2018, 11:31:36 PM
Reply #1458

Evertonian in NC

He got booed because he screamed Ukraine into the TV Cameras. Russians werent happy folk because of that.

I think the Croatians are the lone wolf in Central/Eastern Europe, in terms of going progressive whilst everyone else is following Hungary/Poland off the far right cliff.

Appreciated the Ukraine shout myself.  Only downside to the World Cup in my book was any legitimacy it gave the murdering, worldwide democracy-undermining asshat in charge of the host nation.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 17, 2018, 11:32:37 PM
Reply #1459

SANA_DR0

i find it amusing that people are getting worked up that we haven't signed anyone..
i dont really care if we dont sign anyone.. im sure Brands and Silva will  do a great job with the team we had last year,, imagine having tactics and a style of play? but im sure we will get a couple in.. but its no reason to worry...

what i'd particularly enjoy is having the same squad, but playing the youngsters more, using our squad, it being motivated with a tactics and a style of play,, and finishing higher than we did last season.

i can actually see that happening..
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 11:33:52 PM by SANA_DR0 »
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

July 17, 2018, 11:37:15 PM
Reply #1460

Evertonian in NC

i find it amusing that people are getting worked up that we haven't signed anyone..
i dont really care if we dont sign anyone.. im sure Brands and Silva will  do a great job with the team we had last year,, imagine having tactics and a style of play? but im sure we will get a couple in.. but its no reason to worry...

what i'd particularly enjoy is having the same squad, but playing the youngsters more, using our squad, it being motivated with a tactics and a style of play,, and finishing higher than we did last season.

i can actually see that happening..

Gravy-swilling, Hippo-headed fuck and his do-nothing front office buddy are gone, I'm as happy as a fucking clam.

July 17, 2018, 11:41:27 PM
Reply #1461

dunkster

If nothing much has happened yet because silva wants to take his time assessing what we already have here, then fine.
If nothing much has happened because nobody wants the players we want to get rid of (because of their wages or the fee we are after,) AND we aren't allowed to buy anyone new without flogging these players then that's a big concern.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

July 17, 2018, 11:44:29 PM
Reply #1462

Tofifee

Frustrating how often players we are after publicly say they do not want to sign for us.
Humiliation sucks
This Barrios lad saying he is aware of our interest but wants to see who else is in for him first.....
Doucoure saying watford to efc would be a sideward step, countless lads down the years ruling themselves out of moves to Goodison
real eye opener as to where we think we are, and where we really are

July 17, 2018, 11:55:24 PM
Reply #1463

Tofifee

I honestly would not be that fussed
Sure I want a centre half and a left back, especially a centre half, but.....
We have Holgate and Keane, that should be our CB pairing at the start of the season and if it is, I will be happy enough with Jags there to come in
Sooner or later you have to play these lads like Holgate or risk losing them, so give him his go. At times last year we raved about him. A new John Stones he was etc....so lets see it. We know Keane has it in him, he needs to be trusted also.
Baines is still a classy left back and I have no issue atall with starting the season with him, now if he gets injured.........

For me, we have a very good squad that was chronically mismanaged for 12 months. Maybe, with proper management it could fulfill the potential we thought it had 12 months back. Maybe Sandro will come good, maybe Davy too. Maybe not of course, but with a new man in charge, maybe they deserve the chance under his management
Likewise Mo, Schneids and Macca....yes I said Mo and Macaa. Again 2 players that in the recent past were being canonized by many on here, before the eventual and with everton inevitable loss of form and the fans suddenly deciding you are worse than nicky barmbys hemorrhoids in a brown bread sandwich

Some people want signings cos they want to see our name in the paper and on SSN yellow breaking news bar....so they can feel a little better in themselves
Buying for the sake of buying is  madness, it never ends well.

If we go into day 1 with all fit and well and a team of say
Pickford, Coleman, Holgate, Keane, Baines, Idrissa, Gylfi, Davies, Theo, Cenk, Lookman....and a bench with the likes of Jags, Mo, Schneids, Macca, DCL, Mirrallas,Sandro and Davy I will be happy with that and more than happy to give it a go before blaming Marcel for the outbreak of Ebola again.

STOP THE PANIC!

July 18, 2018, 12:06:41 AM
Reply #1464

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not panicking at all.

It depends what your aspirations are for this club. We simply don't compete with top 6 with that squad, be it strength in a few starting positions or depth.

I want to see signings because I want us to compete, and to do that I think we need to improve in a few areas. Otherwise, what's the point? Are we happy to float around as just another PL team happy with a top half finish?

July 18, 2018, 12:09:24 AM
Reply #1465

plumber

I think the Croatians are the lone wolf in Central/Eastern Europe, in terms of going progressive whilst everyone else is following Hungary/Poland off the far right cliff.

Appreciated the Ukraine shout myself.  Only downside to the World Cup in my book was any legitimacy it gave the murdering, worldwide democracy-undermining asshat in charge of the host nation.

I totally agree with the second part of your post, but Croatians are not alone, Baltic States, Romania, Slovenia and other ex-Yugoslavian countries except Serbia  are ok in this regard.

July 18, 2018, 12:18:52 AM
Reply #1466

Tofifee

Aspirations would be crack top 6, next step top 4
But, we have to realise too that all the top 6 can drop 50m at will on top players who will want to play for them.
We cant do that. Last season we spent a fortune trying to keep up but bought what look now to be the wrong players at exorbitant prices
I mean of all of them, Bolaise was incredible!!
But, we spent what we spent, we have who we have.
I would be of the opinion that we now seem to have a squad of very decent players, and a manager and DOF that seem to know what they are about. Trust them, lets see what they can do with what we have and if its not working then fair enough.
I honestly wouldn't be all that shocked if by Christmas Sandro is in the goals, we are all raving about the "real" davy klassen etc etc and things are going well.
I just don't think not signing anyone would be a "DISASTER" We still have a strong squad lads, we do!

July 18, 2018, 12:21:35 AM
Reply #1467

KoemansNumberTens

Iím alright with us not spending big. Surely we expect signings though even if they are cheaper signings with potential. Whatís the point of the new DOF otherwise?? Yes we need shut of players but thatís more getting them off our books for very little than requiring someone with real skills

July 18, 2018, 12:24:55 AM
Reply #1468

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
We are absolutely fucked if we donít sign a centre half and left back.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 18, 2018, 12:25:18 AM
Reply #1469

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I personally don't think we will make any big signings, nothing like we've seen the last few transfer windows anyway.
I'm quite happy with that too.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"