October 20, 2018, 02:33:02 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 141561 times)

May 22, 2018, 10:38:27 AM
Reply #165

Ramjam

Martial apparently told he can leave United however Spurs are preparing a bid for the 22 year old as they have told Jensen and Liorente that they can both find new clubs. Martial on £65 per week so surely we should be competing with Spurs for these kind of quality players.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 22, 2018, 11:02:06 AM
Reply #166

Bluedylan

coming soon, i expect this season, i dont think Levy will break the wage structure and that will mean Poch and the players will abandon ship.

dont know why tho.. 140k or even 100k a week is more than fucking enough,

Poch is 100% staying for next season. I think the oppposite. I think they'll be stronger next season back in their own stadium (which looks incredible).
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 22, 2018, 12:07:17 PM
Reply #167

Ramjam

Poch is 100% staying for next season. I think the oppposite. I think they'll be stronger next season back in their own stadium (which looks incredible).
The stadium does look boss but that alone won’t guarantee anything.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 22, 2018, 12:20:56 PM
Reply #168

Bluedylan

The stadium does look boss but that alone won’t guarantee anything.

Course not, but I think it'll galvanise them. One of the big things this season was how much Spurs were gonna struggle at Wembley. They dealt with it fine and had an excellent season.

May 22, 2018, 12:35:26 PM
Reply #169

Ramjam

Course not, but I think it'll galvanise them. One of the big things this season was how much Spurs were gonna struggle at Wembley. They dealt with it fine and had an excellent season.
They did after a slow start (apart from playing us) but I just get the feeling that a wee bit of anxiety is running through the club as they’ve still won fuck all with a quality team who are now getting frustrated and about change home ground again as well as talk of high profile players talking more and more about bigger money elsewhere
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 22, 2018, 03:34:01 PM
Reply #170

Lxxx

They did after a slow start (apart from playing us) but I just get the feeling that a wee bit of anxiety is running through the club as they’ve still won fuck all with a quality team who are now getting frustrated and about change home ground again as well as talk of high profile players talking more and more about bigger money elsewhere

I think you're projecting your wishes on the situation. There is no evidence whatsoever that backs up your view. 

May 22, 2018, 03:51:42 PM
Reply #171

Ramjam

I think you're projecting your wishes on the situation. There is no evidence whatsoever that backs up your view.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 22, 2018, 03:53:19 PM
Reply #172

Bluedylan

That's a West Ham site. Trust me, nobody at Spurs is remotely threatened by anything West Ham have ever done. They perceive them as an irrelevance.

May 22, 2018, 03:55:58 PM
Reply #173

Ramjam

That's a West Ham site. Trust me, nobody at Spurs is remotely threatened by anything West Ham have ever done. They perceive them as an irrelevance.
They are irrelevant but they are throwing a lot of money at a manager, in fact double what Pochettino is on, that’s what I mean when I say the Spurs squad and manager will soon start to ask the hard questions of Levy
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 22, 2018, 04:02:38 PM
Reply #174

Lxxx

They are irrelevant but they are throwing a lot of money at a manager, in fact double what Pochettino is on, that’s what I mean when I say the Spurs squad and manager will soon start to ask the hard questions of Levy

I don't doubt they will as money does talk and they will have to start loosening the purse strings somewhat however none of their players or management team are taking any notice of Everton and West Ham at the minute as they are on a different level. A lot of their contracts are performance-based and they are delivering at the moment so when it's all factored in they're not the poor relations as some like to paint them as.

May 22, 2018, 04:06:40 PM
Reply #175

di_guyo

I expected a Spurs implosion this season to be honest.

Still a hell of a lot of work to do to get anywhere close to Arsenal let alone beyond.

Eh? Spurs are comfortably better than Arsenal.
Everton & Atleti

May 22, 2018, 04:13:55 PM
Reply #176

Morta75

Maybe we can get Zaha for Bolasie + cash... or Niasse + cash!!

May 22, 2018, 05:52:40 PM
Reply #177

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Eh? Spurs are comfortably better than Arsenal.

Sorry, two different thoughts in that.

Thought one was I expected Spurs to struggle more last season.

Thought two was that we have a long way to go to get close to Arsenal.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

May 22, 2018, 07:19:17 PM
Reply #178

Lxxx

Sorry, two different thoughts in that.

Thought one was I expected Spurs to struggle more last season.

Thought two was that we have a long way to go to get close to Arsenal.

If we were ever going to get close to Arsenal then last season was it. Some might say this season too but when I see a front three of Ozil, Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang then we've got some way to go to match that, especially if they sign some quality at the back and midfield.

May 22, 2018, 08:04:52 PM
Reply #179

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
If we were ever going to get close to Arsenal then last season was it. Some might say this season too but when I see a front three of Ozil, Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang then we've got some way to go to match that, especially if they sign some quality at the back and midfield.

I see Arsenal back in the top 4 next season if they get Emery.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama