December 19, 2018, 05:19:09 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 147671 times)

May 27, 2018, 05:03:06 PM
Reply #225

djws1788

Would love Rashford or Martial if either are genuinely available

May 28, 2018, 06:49:41 PM
Reply #226

TrevorSteven

Would love Rashford or Martial if either are genuinely available

Thats exactly players and ability we should go for! Show some ambitions change Cuco Martina with a Martial.

May 28, 2018, 06:52:09 PM
Reply #227

TrevorSteven

Sigurdsson really isnít a playmaker. We need someone who goes past players and with better creativity. Heís a good player. Should be in the team but heís not a playmaker

Sigurdsson is like a kicker in the NFL. If we could put him in at every deadball and then change him again it would be perfect. As Steve Walsh and Koeman should know that is actually not allowed and hence we should never have used 40-50 million pounds for him. Dreadfull signing.

May 28, 2018, 06:57:25 PM
Reply #228

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Sigurdsson is like a kicker in the NFL. If we could put him in at every deadball and then change him again it would be perfect. As Steve Walsh and Koeman should know that is actually not allowed and hence we should never have used 40-50 million pounds for him. Dreadfull signing.

He didn't actually do that much from dead balls last season, but he's still a decent player and worth a spot in the squad. His outlay will be beaten again this summer so it won't "feel" as bad. The 30 mill we paid for Bolasie feels worse to me, even before his injury.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

May 28, 2018, 08:46:15 PM
Reply #229

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Sigurdsson is sound and one of the few we have who is fairly reliably EL standard.

I didnít particularly want him, but I have grown to quite like him. Absolutely guaranteed goals and assists in the prem - just needs ball magnets around him to actually get involved in the play.

Say what you want about rooney he did want the ball, sig not so much, which is why he couldnít make it at a higher level. You need to do both e.g hazard, coutinho, de bruyne etc.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 28, 2018, 10:24:03 PM
Reply #230

Macca77

Sigurdsson started off slow as did most of our players, but he is quality, was by far our best player before he got injured

May 28, 2018, 10:26:40 PM
Reply #231

Ross

He didn't actually do that much from dead balls last season, but he's still a decent player and worth a spot in the squad. His outlay will be beaten again this summer so it won't "feel" as bad. The 30 mill we paid for Bolasie feels worse to me, even before his injury.

Canít see us spending £45m+ on a player any time soon.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 28, 2018, 10:33:53 PM
Reply #232

blue slug

Well we need to lol

May 28, 2018, 10:52:00 PM
Reply #233

Ross

Well we need to lol

Think we need to buy the right player and not be to concerned about spending ďbigĒ really. Weíve wasted an awful lot recently on ďpremier league provenĒ players who ultimately arenít that much better than what we have and have no scope for developing, wrong age and wrong time for premium prices.

I reckon we need to look for younger, hungrier players with potential to develope and grow here, and they arenít the ones youíd need to break the bank for most of the time.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 28, 2018, 10:52:47 PM
Reply #234

Free Agent

45m would be the going rate for a half decent player now. Transfer fee inflation isnít stopping anytime soon

May 28, 2018, 10:55:27 PM
Reply #235

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Think we need to buy the right player and not be to concerned about spending ďbigĒ really. Weíve wasted an awful lot recently on ďpremier league provenĒ players who ultimately arenít that much better than what we have and have no scope for developing, wrong age and wrong time for premium prices.

I reckon we need to look for younger, hungrier players with potential to develope and grow here, and they arenít the ones youíd need to break the bank for most of the time.

I'd prefer that model too, but a big name here or there wouldn't go amiss. We need to be finding the next Salah and that type of player ideally.

And a few Walcott type bargains are always good too. I think if we'd have got Sig for 30 and Walcott for 30, we wouldn't be so concerned about Sig's price and yet the two together are still a 60 million outlay.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

May 28, 2018, 10:55:54 PM
Reply #236

Ross

45m would be the going rate for a half decent player now. Transfer fee inflation isnít stopping anytime soon

Thatíd rule out about 99% of the worlds football clubs from buying half decent players.

May 28, 2018, 11:01:48 PM
Reply #237

Ross

I'd prefer that model too, but a big name here or there wouldn't go amiss. We need to be finding the next Salah and that type of player ideally.

And a few Walcott type bargains are always good too. I think if we'd have got Sig for 30 and Walcott for 30, we wouldn't be so concerned about Sig's price and yet the two together are still a 60 million outlay.

To be honest Iíve been underwhelmed by both and expect thereís much better for a lot less.

Maybe itís all been down to the tactics of the managers but neither have impressed or excited since they came Iíd say and considering the respective ages I donít see them getting much better next season regardless of whoís in charge.

May 28, 2018, 11:20:13 PM
Reply #238

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
To be honest Iíve been underwhelmed by both and expect thereís much better for a lot less.

Maybe itís all been down to the tactics of the managers but neither have impressed or excited since they came Iíd say and considering the respective ages I donít see them getting much better next season regardless of whoís in charge.

Not sure you'll get much better than Walcott for 20 mill. That's an absolute bargain these days.

And don't forget we've had most of the season with Fat Sam's shitty tactics, I think both will improve with a manager who knows something about football.

May 29, 2018, 12:03:14 AM
Reply #239

Macca77

I reckon we will, spend big again this summer