October 23, 2018, 03:26:03 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 141882 times)

May 29, 2018, 09:45:30 PM
Reply #270

Lxxx

Definitely. Their recent signings all have the attributes that are needed to play in a Klopp side. The defensive players are able to contribute on the ball and play a high line, while those in midfield are all able to run quickly for days.

There's just a lot of coherent thought going on there and it really doesn't take long to turn things around. It's why I've got a fair bit of hope for the future now we've got Brands in.

We'll only be as effective as the strategy he wants to implement on how we set up though. If for example Roberto Martinez was a DoF we'd be purchasing and moulding a completely different type of footballer to the road Liverpool seem to be going down.

I'm all for a DoF at the club and putting in some much needed structure but not knowing much about him we'll only see if it's a positive move if our style of play and calibre of footballer improves. Which I'm sure it will, it can't get much worse. I just hope he shares a similar view as the majority of fans and identifies high energy and pace as requisites.

May 29, 2018, 10:17:21 PM
Reply #271

van der Meyde

I just hope he shares a similar view as the majority of fans and identifies high energy and pace as requisites.
Must admit I'm less of an aesthete. I'll take any style that wins football matches personally. :)

May 29, 2018, 10:51:35 PM
Reply #272

Shogun

Administrator
Our youth talents trump all over Liverpoolís so I donít see an issue.

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

May 29, 2018, 11:07:37 PM
Reply #273

KoemansNumberTens

Our youth talents trump all over Liverpoolís so I donít see an issue.

Does it? We havenít produced a top quality player since rooney and I wouldnít even hazard a guess on the 1 before him. We seem to produce a lot of decent players but nowt that could play for a top 4 side.

May 29, 2018, 11:22:26 PM
Reply #274

Shogun

Administrator
Does it? We haven’t produced a top quality player since rooney and I wouldn’t even hazard a guess on the 1 before him. We seem to produce a lot of decent players but nowt that could play for a top 4 side.

And who have Liverpool produced?

Alexander-Arnold who is riding a wave and could well fall by the way side and bought Dominic Solanke who has been woeful.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

May 29, 2018, 11:31:02 PM
Reply #275

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Does it? We havenít produced a top quality player since rooney and I wouldnít even hazard a guess on the 1 before him. We seem to produce a lot of decent players but nowt that could play for a top 4 side.

Barkley and Rodwell were both bought by the top sides just hasnít/ isnít working out.

But we should be aiming for a consistent level of player. You should be able to sell the club to young players that thereís a very good chance of a pro career if you sign up with us as thatís what most players end up as.

Your world class players are mainly luck.

May 29, 2018, 11:43:37 PM
Reply #276

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Barkley and Rodwell were both bought by the top sides just hasnít/ isnít working out.

But we should be aiming for a consistent level of player. You should be able to sell the club to young players that thereís a very good chance of a pro career if you sign up with us as thatís what most players end up as.

Your world class players are mainly luck.

Whereas in the meantime Liverpool are regularly selling garbage like Kevin Stewart for £8m.

Itís no good us having big talents like ledson or Walsh or what looks like probably Pennington, Galloway, Browning - look like big talents and end up having a career somewhere, after weíve released them for free or for pennies.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 29, 2018, 11:44:04 PM
Reply #277

KoemansNumberTens

And who have Liverpool produced?

Alexander-Arnold who is riding a wave and could well fall by the way side and bought Dominic Solanke who has been woeful.

So neither have produced anything of note. Sterling (I know they bought him as a kid) Gerrard, Owen, fowler, mcmannam. I know itís going back quite some way but Iím that time we only had rooney whoís that level

Think weíve massively overhyped our setup. We produce a lot of good professionals but so far very little thatís top quality. Time will tell on our current batch but none of them look fantastic

May 30, 2018, 12:03:22 AM
Reply #278

Morta75

Surely that depends on what they demand. We actually did this last season. From a position of power we still paid top whack for Pickford Keane and sigurdsson. We need to find value not pay what they demand regardless
Don't agree with you on that one.  Pickford and Sigurdsson we paid lot's of money for and I would say they have been by fare the best players this season. They had also showed the season before and so one that they are premier leauge proven quality.
Keane had one good season, thats it.
I agree that we have to find good money for value, but then we need to sign young players for the future. In my opinion we have many allready in the youth system that will be first team regulars in the coming years given the chance.

May 30, 2018, 12:18:43 AM
Reply #279

KoemansNumberTens

Don't agree with you on that one.  Pickford and Sigurdsson we paid lot's of money for and I would say they have been by fare the best players this season. They had also showed the season before and so one that they are premier leauge proven quality.
Keane had one good season, thats it.
I agree that we have to find good money for value, but then we need to sign young players for the future. In my opinion we have many allready in the youth system that will be first team regulars in the coming years given the chance.

Sigurdsson was practically on strike at 1 stage and Pickford came from a relegated practically bankrupt team. We paid absolutely top dollar for both without much competition from anywhere
I think the majority would say Pickford turned out to be value but it was still the very top end of the prices people were predicting before he signed
Keanes another 1. Very little competition, last year of his contract 25m rising to 30.

We didnít drive hard bargains

May 30, 2018, 03:08:05 AM
Reply #280

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Whereas in the meantime Liverpool are regularly selling garbage like Kevin Stewart for £8m.

Itís no good us having big talents like ledson or Walsh or what looks like probably Pennington, Galloway, Browning - look like big talents and end up having a career somewhere, after weíve released them for free or for pennies.

Thatís mainly because of who they are.

Utd creamed millions for years off very average players who had made 1/2 league cup appearances because people assume they must be good.

Rather than the quality of player we produce, we need to be better (probably more ruthless too) at shifting people before itís realised that theyíre not that good.

I think that we hold on to players though as if they develop later we donít want to miss out.

May 30, 2018, 03:10:03 AM
Reply #281

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Thatís mainly because of who they are.

Utd creamed millions for years off very average players who had made 1/2 league cup appearances because people assume they must be good.

Rather than the quality of player we produce, we need to be better (probably more ruthless too) at shifting people before itís realised that theyíre not that good.

I think that we hold on to players though as if they develop later we donít want to miss out.

Yep, hell people were talking about how we missed out by not keeping Shane Duffy!

May 30, 2018, 03:18:27 AM
Reply #282

Bob Sacamano

Yep, hell people were talking about how we missed out by not keeping Shane Duffy!

Donít forget Hope Akpan

May 30, 2018, 03:22:52 AM
Reply #283

Juanito

One player? Mata

Add:

Sessegnon

Tierney

Lascelles

Doucoure

Rodriguez

Choudhury