November 14, 2019, 05:27:38 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 181202 times)

June 10, 2018, 02:18:21 PM
Reply #540

Morta75

I would love to see Holgate get chances. I rate this kid high and think he will take the step if showed faith in. I also still have faith in Keane and think he will come good. Still we need a new defender. Looks interesting this Diop of Toulouse. Young, hungry, out to prove him self. Looks to have pace as well pretty good on the ball and tackle

June 10, 2018, 05:39:13 PM
Reply #541

Free Agent

Marcel,

If you’re reading, here’s a nice list to get you started...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44369212

June 10, 2018, 05:47:09 PM
Reply #542

Shogun

Administrator
No way is Embolo still 21.

@brap2 has been going on about him since he was @brap.

June 10, 2018, 05:56:50 PM
Reply #543

Blue Lagoon

NSNO Subscriber
Maxi Gomez would be a shout like
(Zoolander)

June 13, 2018, 01:49:06 PM
Reply #544

Juanito

Would love to see the likes of;

Phillip Max
Jonathan Tah
Docoure
Lozano 

All have pace, power, athleticism, at the right age and comfortable on the ball.

Adios;

Williams
Schneiderlin
Besic
Mirallas
Mori
Galloway
Tarashaj
Rooney
Martina
Pennington
Sandro
Klaassen
Steklenburg

Connolly, Dowell, DCL and maybe Robinson on loan again.

June 13, 2018, 03:25:15 PM
Reply #545

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Whoever we buy/sell a HUGE factor will be whatever opening games we are given. They are not random, but surely they wont be as bad as last season. If we get a few winable ones, and pick up a few wins, then heads will be up. If we get a load of top 6 again, and get a bumming, then heads will probably go down and our performances and points drop a bit. Really hope we get a good starting set of fixtures tomorrow!

June 13, 2018, 03:51:11 PM
Reply #546

blue slug

Would love to see the likes of;

Phillip Max
Jonathan Tah
Docoure
Lozano 

All have pace, power, athleticism, at the right age and comfortable on the ball.

Adios;

Williams
Schneiderlin
Besic
Mirallas
Mori
Galloway
Tarashaj
Rooney
Martina
Pennington
Sandro
Klaassen
Steklenburg

Connolly, Dowell, DCL and maybe Robinson on loan again.

If we were to get rid of all those players in one window I think the likes of Connolly, dowell, DCL and robinson would be needed to bolster squad numbers

June 13, 2018, 04:28:33 PM
Reply #547

Hawkandro

Whoever we sign, I am bloody itching for us to get started.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

June 13, 2018, 05:24:15 PM
Reply #548

Lxxx

I think in fairness Allardyce played such negative football the defence just got pinned down so Keane's arse probably went a bit incase he messed up and the crowd turned on him. Playing a higher tempo/press will give him more time to play better... Here's hoping anyway. Then we'll see if he's a player, or not.

Negative football should have played into Keane's hands, he earned his reputation paying in a defensive Burnley side. The difference with us is that when we have the ball we're encouraged to do something with it which means the turnaround of play was quicker, which left him exposed, and he couldn't cope without two players tight in either side.
He's just a poor defender and an even worse athlete, for a lad in his mid 20's.

June 13, 2018, 05:29:37 PM
Reply #549

dunkster

So are we a Sell to Buy club this summer?.
Or is it just that we need to trim the squad right down before moshiri authorised decent funding?
Just going on the possibility we shelved plans for that Newcastle defender having been quoted £30 mill.
Even if we bin half this lot there won't be huge money from it. After signing on fees and agent fees on top of transfer amount I do wonder how much there will be to spend.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 13, 2018, 05:33:56 PM
Reply #550

Gash

Global Moderator
Or is it just that we need to trim the squad right down before moshiri authorised decent funding?
Just going on the possibility we shelved plans for that Newcastle defender having been quoted £30 mill.
Even if we bin half this lot there won't be huge money from it. After signing on fees and agent fees on top of transfer amount I do wonder how much there will be to spend.

We've too big a squad and too big a wage bill. We don't have to buy to sell like the old days but from both a sensible business point of view and a squad management point of view  we need to trim the squad. I dare say the negative people will try to turn it into something else but I don't see an issue with it, it makes perfect sense.

June 13, 2018, 05:36:34 PM
Reply #551

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

More like sell before you buy rather than sell to buy.

We have a squad of 38 players. That needs to drastically reduce before anybody comes in.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 13, 2018, 05:41:07 PM
Reply #552

Bluedylan

No. Don't you get it? We've been run like a mental aslyum for the last 12 months plus, spending well over £250m on an assortment of random players.

Brands has come in and basically gone 'lads, this is fucking ridiculous. Let's move a good few of these on, and let's stop getting massively overcharged for decent players, when I can get someone on the continent for half the fee and half the wages probably'.

We don't need to buy loads of players this summer. We have a good squad in there, with plenty of youngsters. We just need to target 2/3/4 specific areas of the team, and be much more surgical in our transfer dealings.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

June 13, 2018, 05:41:12 PM
Reply #553

Macca77

Don't have to sell to buy, the squad is to big right now though, need to reduce that first

June 13, 2018, 05:45:55 PM
Reply #554

Lxxx

We don't need an overhaul anyway. We could do nothing this summer and still finish 7th under a proper manager so there's no need to panic if we don't see a lot of incoming activity. There's a lot to work with, some talented youngsters and with a few decent additions (and shipping out a lot of shite) the squad won't look too bad.