November 16, 2018, 05:29:24 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 144289 times)

June 21, 2018, 04:49:02 PM
Reply #735

Macca77

Loftus-Cheek
Lozano
Wendel

Sexual that

June 21, 2018, 05:10:44 PM
Reply #736

Rodenplav64

I absolutely see him as their Ross Barkley.
Which is a bit odd ebcause they have the actual one as well.

Barkley could have stayed and played most games , Loftus- Cheek wants to play not sit on their bench like Ross . Their careers are going to go in opposite directions .

June 21, 2018, 05:11:59 PM
Reply #737

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Now that RLC is an England international I think we can forget about signing him, his next move will be to a top 4 club

The guy wants to play week in week out, heís not going to do that at many of the top 6 clubs, as heís not the finished article. Similar to Rashford, who also has made noises about leaving. Heís not even played a complete PL season yet. Itís the same reason Lukaku came here.

Suggesting he is too good to come here is massively underestimating what we offer as a club. Itís also overestimating what RLC has done at club level too, heís still pretty raw.

June 21, 2018, 05:15:56 PM
Reply #738

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Barkley could have stayed and played most games , Loftus- Cheek wants to play not sit on their bench like Ross . Their careers are going to go in opposite directions .

Ah, i didn't say they were comparable in ability ot trajectory.

I just mean that they are forward minded players that split the fan base for very similar reasons.

June 21, 2018, 05:38:01 PM
Reply #739

Normm

We need the left-back position covered and a manager who can manage a team to play decent attacking football. The manager position is sorted - now he needs to be given some time to develop the current squad and our youngsters, who are on the threshold of becoming top players.

Dowell, Lookman, DCL, Kenny, Beni, Davies, Vlasic, Holgate are all showing great potential - they just need the right kind of guidance, encouragement and opportunities to develop as top rate players. Hopefully, this season will be their time to shine, under Silva.

June 21, 2018, 05:39:49 PM
Reply #740

KoemansNumberTens

I think it will have to be - in order to attract those one or two real stars that we want so badly.

We donít need to attract stars. We need to find a couple. Weíve missed the boat if we are trying to sign proven

June 21, 2018, 06:03:08 PM
Reply #741

blue slug

Don't be that guy. No-one like that guy.

A bit of a retro shout wasn't it

June 21, 2018, 07:12:05 PM
Reply #742

Toddacelli

We donít need to attract stars. We need to find a couple. Weíve missed the boat if we are trying to sign proven

The point was being attractive to players we need. Whether that is Ronaldo or the latest whizzkid from wherever is irrelevant. Unless we are playing like a coherent team with a bright future - we won't attract anyone for reasons other than over-inflated wages, stepping stone etc - things like that.

We need to become again the type of team that talented players can envision themselves achieving something with. That was the point.

I don't care if we make established or potential signings as long as they are the right signings, because, to be honest - I won't quote Hansen but I think we do need both to be successful.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 21, 2018, 07:14:32 PM
Reply #743

Ramjam

I hope everyone can see how shite Mooy is here against Denmark
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 21, 2018, 07:19:45 PM
Reply #744

KoemansNumberTens

The point was being attractive to players we need. Whether that is Ronaldo or the latest whizzkid from wherever is irrelevant. Unless we are playing like a coherent team with a bright future - we won't attract anyone for reasons other than over-inflated wages, stepping stone etc - things like that.

We need to become again the type of team that talented players can envision themselves achieving something with. That was the point.

I don't care if we make established or potential signings as long as they are the right signings, because, to be honest - I won't quote Hansen but I think we do need both to be successful.

Watford palace West Ham and Leicester all have players converted by the top 6. They donít have to be highly thought after to become quality players

June 21, 2018, 07:27:24 PM
Reply #745

Toddacelli

Watford palace West Ham and Leicester all have players converted by the top 6. They donít have to be highly thought after to become quality players

I'll say it again - WE don't seem to be able to attract players of the right quality.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 21, 2018, 07:27:35 PM
Reply #746

Ross

I can only think of Mahez and heís most likely off to City any week now.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 21, 2018, 07:31:21 PM
Reply #747

Cereal Killer

I hope everyone can see how shite Mooy is here against Denmark

Badly shite so far

June 21, 2018, 07:36:03 PM
Reply #748

Ramjam

Badly shite so far
Slows the play down before passing backwards, heís fucking great at it
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 21, 2018, 07:56:26 PM
Reply #749

Bluedylan

Moan moan moan moan. Jesus man. You depress the fuck out of me.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.