November 18, 2018, 10:17:39 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 144785 times)

May 16, 2018, 01:55:18 PM
Reply #90

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
One thing I was thinking last night - for the first time in quite a while we donít really have any saleable assets that we could quickly move on to a big club for a profit. (Maybe Lookman, Gueye).

Think we should definitely try and pick up young, CL potential players that we can move on in a year or two ala Red Bull.

Moshiri must have a finite amount of money, so especially considering how inefficient the market is I.e you get a lot less for your money (hence why scouting with data is more important to identify undervalued talents) we do need less investment in sigurdssons and more Lookmans.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 16, 2018, 03:30:49 PM
Reply #91

Lxxx

One thing I was thinking last night - for the first time in quite a while we donít really have any saleable assets that we could quickly move on to a big club for a profit. (Maybe Lookman, Gueye).

Think we should definitely try and pick up young, CL potential players that we can move on in a year or two ala Red Bull.

Moshiri must have a finite amount of money, so especially considering how inefficient the market is I.e you get a lot less for your money (hence why scouting with data is more important to identify undervalued talents) we do need less investment in sigurdssons and more Lookmans.

Hence Brands I would have thought. Hopefully.

May 16, 2018, 03:41:14 PM
Reply #92

Macca77

We don't need to go mad this summer, just be sensible and find the right players.

May 16, 2018, 03:52:54 PM
Reply #93

Ramjam

We don't need to go mad this summer, just be sensible and find the right players.
Agree with that, probably 4 in and lookman returning would be adequate, the outs should be about 6,
Williams
Schniderlin
Bolasie
Rooney
Klaassen
Sandro
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 16, 2018, 04:39:12 PM
Reply #94

Lxxx

Agree with that, probably 4 in and lookman returning would be adequate, the outs should be about 6,
Williams
Schniderlin
Bolasie
Rooney
Klaassen
Sandro

We may be able to tempt Palace with a half decent fee for nostalgia for Bolasie but no-one else will be seriously arsed about him. Klaassan has spent a year doing nothing so I'd be surprised if we get half what he cost and we'll have to pay Sandro off as no-one will pay him anywhere near what we do. Therefore it wouldn't surprise me to see both of them here next season but then again there might be some quality in there to work with anyway. 

Take what we can for Schneiderlin, Williams and Rooney and get over £300k a week off the wage bill.

We'll have to be creative this summer but with a proper manager who can actually coach then what's left, with a few quality additions, should be plenty to work with.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 04:40:41 PM by Lxxx »

May 16, 2018, 04:56:32 PM
Reply #95

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Depending on the new guy and the system he sees, it could well be that Klaassen & Schneiderlin both have rules to play

May 16, 2018, 04:57:33 PM
Reply #96

Ramjam

Depending on the new guy and the system he sees, it could well be that Klaassen & Schneiderlin both have rules to play
Or maybe even roles
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 16, 2018, 05:03:30 PM
Reply #97

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Or maybe even roles

haha, yeah, that as well  :thumbsup:

May 16, 2018, 05:22:25 PM
Reply #98

TrevorSteven

We need to change almost the whole squad after Koeman destroying it last summer.

Keep: Pickford, Schneiderlin. Baines, Keane, Bolasie, Walcott, Gueye, Coleman, Lookman.
Wouldnt care if sold: Williams, Jagielka, Rooney, Tosun, Martina, McCarthy, Sigurdsson, Niasse, Besic, Stekelenburg, Robles, Funes Mori, JJ Kenny, Tarashaj, Browning
Could keep just in case new manager or one year older changes something: Onyekuru, Baningime, Galloway, Holgate, Dowell, Vlasic, Klaassen, Mirallas, Sandro, Davies

If we gonna have a chance of even sniffing at the top 6 we would need way to many quality signings. Just to get the first eleven up to good enough quality we would need one huge CD signing, one quality playmaker (nr10) even tough that position was the only signings we did last summer and one major striker signing.

Then we would probably get one more player in all positions as Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Walcott, Lookman aint at top 4 level either.

If its not becoming a summer of shitloads of ins and outs its gonna be one more season doing totally ok fighting with Leicester and Burnley about the 7th spot. As fans at least not get Nil satis nisi medium

May 16, 2018, 05:46:41 PM
Reply #99

WeimaranerBlues

we saw what happens when you bring in too many players last season and don't have a balance to the squad, so no point doing the same ,  we need a LB for the future

of the main squad i would be happy to sell Williams, Martina, Besic, Schneiderlin. Sandro.   so on that point   we then need replacements for them, an other CB ,LB, DCM,( box to box  type)    and a striker.

a proper balance and not having your wingers or wide men on the toes of the fullbacks   would help  and hopefully see the best of Lookman, walcott, Bolassie Vlassic.

May 16, 2018, 05:49:12 PM
Reply #100

Ramjam

Iíd rather see the back of Bolasie as weíll never see the best of him again
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 16, 2018, 05:51:22 PM
Reply #101

KoemansNumberTens

we saw what happens when you bring in too many players last season and don't have a balance to the squad, so no point doing the same ,  we need a LB for the future

of the main squad i would be happy to sell Williams, Martina, Besic, Schneiderlin. Sandro.   so on that point   we then need replacements for them, an other CB ,LB, DCM,( box to box  type)    and a striker.

a proper balance and not having your wingers or wide men on the toes of the fullbacks   would help  and hopefully see the best of Lookman, walcott, Bolassie Vlassic.

We saw what happens when you sign a load of overrated shite and players we donít really need while neglecting the positions we do need

May 16, 2018, 05:53:46 PM
Reply #102

Lxxx

Young hungry players with energy and pace has to be the way forward now. At least start a project to develop so that fans can buy into it. It'll take time but we've had a wasted four years, a couple more won't hurt.

May 16, 2018, 05:54:01 PM
Reply #103

TrevorSteven

I agree with you when it comes to how many you can change but still Lookman, Walcott, Bolasie and Vlasic VS Sallah, Mane, Firminho, Can, Wijnaldum or VS Hazard, Willian, Giroud, Morata, Fabreagas, Pedro or VS Alli, Lamela, Eriksen, Kane  - not to mention the Manchester teams - we are in a different league...The only way to manage competing with them without buying a lot of players would be to get three top of the shelf attackers. We need to start with beeing a threat up-front that in itself will make it easier to play as a defender and would be the only way forward.

May 16, 2018, 06:06:42 PM
Reply #104

TheTone

Wont be happy if Keane and Jagielka are our centre backs come august,I definitely want 2 new centre halfs, maybe Holgate can be a regular but I'm not sure about him