October 14, 2019, 08:32:50 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 175791 times)

August 03, 2018, 04:47:59 AM
Reply #90

Lxxx

August 03, 2018, 02:05:11 PM
Reply #91

Lxxx

August 03, 2018, 03:22:59 PM
Reply #92

Lxxx

From what bits I've seen I don't think Pennington will make it here.

I don't think it's even in question. He's nowhere near this level and will go out on loan this season never to be seen again.

August 03, 2018, 06:16:56 PM
Reply #93

Lxxx

No problem with us getting an experienced loan signing at centre half if we're being quoted silly money for average players at this late stage. It's a long term project and vision we hopefully have now, let's leave the short term stuff in the past with Walsh, Allardyce and Koeman.

August 03, 2018, 06:22:54 PM
Reply #94

Lxxx

Doubt he'd come back. Had a bad experience with us before apparently.

He might even possibly be worse now than he was then.

August 03, 2018, 06:32:59 PM
Reply #95

Lxxx

30 mil plus Bolasie sounds sweeter, and would tempt Palace.

They wouldn't even open the e-mail.

August 03, 2018, 08:37:31 PM
Reply #96

Lxxx

Absolutely no chance. Not even if bolasie had retained his value. Think we’ll be lucky to get more than 6-8m for bolasie at this moment given his injury record and relatively big contract. 50 and bolasie and they might open negotiations

Zaha is a quality player but we’ve got to find the next 1 rather than pay top money

We've got one on loan at Galatasaray.

August 03, 2018, 10:44:21 PM
Reply #97

Lxxx

Well get a Chelsea player on loan this window. Not sure which one but there seems to be quite a few up for grabs and were in need.

August 05, 2018, 03:50:48 AM
Reply #98

Lxxx

Id take any of the Chelsea midfielders on loan.

August 05, 2018, 02:40:42 PM
Reply #99

Lxxx

That's what is so concerning. It feels like teams don't even need to carve out clear cut chances against us. It feels like as soon as we lose possession and they get into our half, they are probably going to score, and that's a scary feeling 1 week before the season starts.

Good point. Its great that we restricted them to just a few real chances but shite that we conceded three goals out of them.

We highlight that a lot of our goals against are mistakes by us, so therefore its not as if weve been carved open, which could be seen as a positive?

Its doubly worrying though were conceding every game from schoolboy errors so we dont even need to be carved apart by good play. I suppose if you buy enough players to swap out the shite it might eradicate that but wed need another four in this week to achieve that.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 02:42:16 PM by Lxxx »

August 05, 2018, 03:27:08 PM
Reply #100

Lxxx

August 05, 2018, 04:47:11 PM
Reply #101

Lxxx

Id take Cahill from Chelsea if hes going. We just need someone back there competent enough to organise them. Jags has gone, both physically and mentally.

August 05, 2018, 04:56:42 PM
Reply #102

Lxxx

He's not much younger than Jags isn't he? 33?

4 days left in the window and we have two fit centre halves, both not good enough.

I think were close to taking a view of would any potential signing improve the first team immediately.

August 05, 2018, 05:23:39 PM
Reply #103

Lxxx

We just fucked off a 33 year old CB who wasn't good enough anymore.

Ashley Williams and Gary Cahill arent in the same league. One has been winning the Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup etc...most of his career and the other......

August 05, 2018, 05:38:21 PM
Reply #104

Lxxx

I didn't realise Cahill had done it on his own. Jack Rodwell has a league winners medal, Ross Barkley has an FA Cup medal. Have you seen Cahill play recently? Is he still a good player? If he is then fine. But just signing him because there's five days left in the window is a ridiculous shout.

He was first choice throughout the years they won these trophies, usually a decent indicator. Yes Cahill still is a good player and if he has been made available for transfer, as is rumoured, then I think it's worth a look. Ideally you wouldn't as we should be looking to the future but we are where we are in the window and what we have at the club a the minute is absolute garbage with four days left.