October 23, 2019, 12:08:39 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 178346 times)

July 31, 2018, 01:18:05 AM
Reply #15

TrevorSteven

No. I can assure you it isn't.

I guess you know more than the manager of Brazil then...

August 09, 2018, 12:48:10 AM
Reply #16

TrevorSteven

Bernard is exactly the type of signings we need...I only fear that the crowd wont take him to his heart as the majority of us often appreciate the work rate of a Naismith over the skills of a Bernard-type.

Still worried that we are not linked with any striker as that is a position vital to strenghten.

August 09, 2018, 06:54:15 AM
Reply #17

TrevorSteven

My thoughts on your arrogant assumption of other fans in no particular order:

:Horse:
 :headbang:
 :wanker:

Was not meant to be arrogant - just pointing out something I think is quite different among evertonians than alot of other fans. Work rate and a "never give up attitude" is much more of a must among our fans than most of the other top clubs.

A bang average player at Everton will not get too much problems as long as he runs forever and fights, while skillfull players often get out of favour if form is dipping or games go wrong. People still hoping for Besic finally make it, people feel sorry for the lad while everybody gets on with the criticisme of Bolasie or Mirallas, Deulofeu and even Lukaku.

Its just a bit strange and it makes it a whole lot more difficult for these kind of players to get going in our club. These kind of players has a different mindset than Everton-favourites like David Weir - they are entertainers and are dependent of the love from their fans. In example - Bolasie has without doubt the talent and the skills - then it is up to the manager to get that out of him. He is even running alot and fighting - still most people want him sold. Donīt understand how it is possible to want to sell Bolasie but keep Sigurdsson, Davies, Besic i.e

So probably not arrogant - just thinking different...

August 09, 2018, 06:56:23 AM
Reply #18

TrevorSteven

Agreed on this summer, Brands has made a huge difference and, from the start, we have addressed our problem areas with what appears to be a clear vision on how Silva wants to set us up. We are also getting players at the right age.

I think you are quite right but still hasnīt been linked to any strikers. Tosun, Niasse, DCL - thats just not good enough for a top 7 place.