September 23, 2019, 09:14:07 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 173114 times)

May 18, 2018, 03:00:32 AM
Reply #120

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
https://twitter.com/AjaxYA/status/997163592037339136

He's one of Mino Raiola's clients isn't he? Wonder if the Brands connection could get him here?

May 18, 2018, 03:07:55 AM
Reply #121

Outworlder47

Quote from: Toffee1
(Justin Kluivert)
He's one of Mino Raiola's clients isn't he? Wonder if the Brands connection could get him here?

Potentially. Was apparently about to be sold to Spurs for 20M at the same time the Davinson Sanchez deal went through, but he rejected it as Ajax didn't inform him until the last minute. Apparently considering Roma and at least some of the top clubs in England.

May 18, 2018, 03:09:23 AM
Reply #122

blue slug

Yeah heard heís going Roma somewhere to

May 18, 2018, 03:19:19 AM
Reply #123

Hawkandro

Loftus-Cheek and Doucoure alongside IGG would give us some physical presence in midfield. Bring in Lozano and Ziyech alongside the reintergration of Lookman ans Vlasic and look to shift Bolasie, Rooney, Williams, Martina, Schneiderlin, Besic and McCarthy out.

Tah would be a great choice at CB. Pace and presence. Zouma a good choice too. Basically know is the time to start bringing the age of the team down.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

May 18, 2018, 03:56:27 AM
Reply #124

American Evertonian

As much as I think the Doucoure signing would be nice - I think we all can confidently say there is no way that Watford will want to do any business with us for awhile. Despite us letting them take Tom Cleverly off our hands ;)
Are we there yet?

May 18, 2018, 03:57:00 AM
Reply #125

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We are realistically not going to compete with the top 6 next season and I think people need to accept that.

Yes we’ve had a good couple of days and can look forward to next season but as we discovered this year you can’t throw 8 new players into a team and expect it to work. Nor are we in a place to compete with just 3 or 4 signings.

We don’t want to be that self entitled club we’re being made out in the media this week with BigSam being booted out do we? It’s going to take a while to be at that level, this is the start of a new project not a miricle invitation to the top 6.

Let’s look to solidify that 7th place and get some cup runs in and maintain a squad that’s both big enough and good enough for Europe year in and year out.

Crikey I hope nobody thinks we’re going to be doing that. We’re a million miles away from that. Literally every area of the pitch.

I’m not sure what our average points has been last few years but apparently the average points for 7th is about 57  - so...maybe about that if we have a great season?

« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 04:00:12 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 18, 2018, 04:13:01 AM
Reply #126

KoemansNumberTens

Iíd be more than happy with 7th so long as at the end of the season we have a couple of young players who could potentially make telling contributions for the sides above us. We desperately need a hero or 2

May 18, 2018, 04:31:25 AM
Reply #127

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I'm expecting Arsenal to implode next season so do think an opportunity could be there to break the top 6, but no meltdown if we don't.

As long as we see a progression I'll be happy.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 18, 2018, 04:38:36 AM
Reply #128

TheTone

I won't get excited until we start coming out of away grounds with 3 points in the bag

May 18, 2018, 05:23:35 AM
Reply #129

Ramjam

I'm expecting Arsenal to implode next season so do think an opportunity could be there to break the top 6, but no meltdown if we don't.

As long as we see a progression I'll be happy.
Same at Chelsea, Hazard wants out and apparently a lot of unrest amongst the squad as Conte is extremely unpopular
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 18, 2018, 05:34:30 AM
Reply #130

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Same at Chelsea, Hazard wants out and apparently a lot of unrest amongst the squad as Conte is extremely unpopular

Surely Mourinho is due an implosion..
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 20, 2018, 05:00:23 PM
Reply #131

Ramjam

Read an article this morning linking us with Philipp Max from Augsburg, highest number of assists than any other player in Europeís top 5 leagues, made for good reading.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 20, 2018, 05:07:36 PM
Reply #132

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Surely Mourinho is due an implosion..

Arsenal- Think they'll struggle next season. We've seen with ourselves and United how teams struggle replacing a long standing manager.

Chelsea- Massively tightened the purse strings. Finished 5th and we all know how the players like throwing new managers under the bus.

Spurs- If Levy doesn't pay the wages there's going to be a mass exodus there. Starting with the manager and Kane.

United- Jose's third season and we all know what happens there. I'm putting good money on him to be the first manager to go.

Liverpool- 4th season under Klopp. At Dortmund he burnt everybody out by this point.

For me the top 6 isn't cut and dry as everybody thinks. We get the summer right and there's places up for grabs IMO.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 20, 2018, 05:13:12 PM
Reply #133

Ramjam

You could be onto something there Ram, especially the Spurs comment, they are getting away with murder with their pay structure compared to the big 6 and us. If they hadnít qualified for the CL I think it would have been on the cards as we speak. Iím guessing it will happen next season especially if they still havenít won anything
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 20, 2018, 05:36:27 PM
Reply #134

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Arsenal- Think they'll struggle next season. We've seen with ourselves and United how teams struggle replacing a long standing manager.

Chelsea- Massively tightened the purse strings. Finished 5th and we all know how the players like throwing new managers under the bus.

Spurs- If Levy doesn't pay the wages there's going to be a mass exodus there. Starting with the manager and Kane.

United- Jose's third season and we all know what happens there. I'm putting good money on him to be the first manager to go.

Liverpool- 4th season under Klopp. At Dortmund he burnt everybody out by this point.

For me the top 6 isn't cut and dry as everybody thinks. We get the summer right and there's places up for grabs IMO.

Yeah, I think once you take away the media BS about these clubs you can logically see that there is potential for one one to crack the top 6. Whether it's us or not is another matter
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: