December 14, 2018, 08:28:12 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 147251 times)

May 22, 2018, 08:17:09 PM
Reply #180

di_guyo

Sorry, two different thoughts in that.

Thought one was I expected Spurs to struggle more last season.

Thought two was that we have a long way to go to get close to Arsenal.

Haha, no worries. I was taken by surprise, but all clear now bud.

I actually agree with you too. Although we were in the conversation a couple of seasons back, our squad and resources were inferior and we were effectively punching above our weight. If we're to seriously challenge for automatic European spots there's quite a leap to be made.
Everton & Atleti

May 22, 2018, 08:23:40 PM
Reply #181

Bally

Administrator
Didn't he get a really bad head injury recently
Yeah done by fans apparently
It's the roll I way

May 23, 2018, 11:07:11 PM
Reply #182

Robber Rodwell

Rondon anyone??  16.5 million pound release clause.  28 years old.  Showed he was a class act after the McCarthy injury.  Powerful player.  Worth a punt at that money surely and could he play with Tosun or too similar?

May 23, 2018, 11:15:27 PM
Reply #183

KoemansNumberTens

Rondon anyone??  16.5 million pound release clause.  28 years old.  Showed he was a class act after the McCarthy injury.  Powerful player.  Worth a punt at that money surely and could he play with Tosun or too similar?

Doesn’t score goals. I think they’ll struggle to shift him even at that price

May 23, 2018, 11:57:17 PM
Reply #184

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Have always been a big Rondon fan. Best hold up outside the top 6.

Think he’d score more in a better system, but we’ve no idea if Marco wants a big number 9 yet.

Wouldn’t hate him as a back up plan, or if the system required a big back-to-goal fella.

Would have saved koeman had he got him start of the year.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 24, 2018, 12:00:01 AM
Reply #185

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'd have rondon. We need pace galore around him tho
Simply simply lovely

May 24, 2018, 12:17:52 AM
Reply #186

Makis

Heck no. Brands will look for younger players with potential. We have Tosun and DCL already, add a quality forward and that's plenty enough. Adding a mediocre striker is of no use.

May 24, 2018, 12:27:21 AM
Reply #187

Fynci

I like Rondon but I think it is more about that incident, and how he comes across as a person, rather than as a player. File under 'Naismith'.

May 24, 2018, 08:34:44 AM
Reply #188

Ramjam

No for me, Brands wants to bring the average age down and sign young energetic ball chasers and I don’t think big Ronnie fits that profile
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 24, 2018, 02:23:08 PM
Reply #189

dunkster

Really has got me wondering what silva and brands will be after in terms of what we already have. Klaasen, sandro and lookman may all be considered candidates for the starting eleven.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 24, 2018, 02:45:58 PM
Reply #190

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Rondon is a good worker, but far too similar to Tosun. We need a goal scorer with pace and finishing ability - a step up from what we have, not more of the same.

May 24, 2018, 03:13:08 PM
Reply #191

dunkster

Does silva tend to play the same 4-2-3-1 formation we are used to?
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 24, 2018, 03:48:31 PM
Reply #192

Makis

Mostly, but he likes two box-to-box midfielders instead of one plus a defensive mid. Fullbacks also need to attack more than they have done since Martinez left.

May 24, 2018, 04:18:54 PM
Reply #193

Lxxx

Does silva tend to play the same 4-2-3-1 formation we are used to?

I hope not. I'd like to see some tactical flexibility from the pretty rigid shite we've been served up the past four years.

May 24, 2018, 04:56:19 PM
Reply #194

dunkster

I wanna see more empashis on player movement into space and stringing passes together
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]