October 23, 2018, 04:14:30 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 141949 times)

July 12, 2018, 10:49:42 PM
Reply #15

Juanito

Fuck me Jean Michel Seri has gone to Fulham . One of the best midfielders in France in the last couple of seasons . Just the sort of creative player we need .

He is everything we wanted Klaassen to be.

July 17, 2018, 12:50:24 PM
Reply #16

Juanito

If Lookman, Dowell, Beni, Davies  and Holgate improve and get more minutes because players like Williams, Mirallas, Besic and Rooney are no longer here, then that’s progress.

Add a young attacking, athletic left back
A deep lying playmaker in his mid twenties
A young quick wide forward who could also mould into a South American style 10, a la Coutinho, Pablo Aimar - then I would be very happy!

July 17, 2018, 01:41:45 PM
Reply #17

Juanito

Is it progress if they get more game time because those players have left and do terrible cause we're expecting too much too soon and we end up battling to stay in league again? Id say there was a reason why most of them didnt play more last season, they weren't ready or good enough. Im all up for bringing youth through, when its ready, not just for the sake of it or cause its forced upon us.

Firstly, I would say the reason most of them didn’t play was down to having 3 managers in a year, a terrible imbalance to our whole squad, poor morale and a ‘manager’ who would rather send a young player under a bus to protect his thin skin and damaged ego. Young people need a good environment to flourish in their education whatever that may be. Last season was awful for that.

The other part depends if you are a glass half full or empty person. Under a progressive tactical manager, alongside other key signings and knowing they will get a chance (most of these are England U20 World Cup winners), then this is a great chance for them to develop and us a chance to build a strong core of youth players alongside a balanced, experienced cohort. It might even be the season of 2019/20 that it bears more fruit but we have to be patient as well as ambitious. Also sends a message when we try to recruit the next England under 21 wonder kid.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 01:45:50 PM by Juanito »

July 17, 2018, 04:34:57 PM
Reply #18

Juanito

July 21, 2018, 01:00:36 AM
Reply #19

Juanito

Richarlison, Mina and Digne could be on there way in very soon. Just missing a deep lying playmaker (or is that Sigurdsson) and we are ok.

August 07, 2018, 03:00:09 AM
Reply #20

Juanito

I want two Centre half’s and sell Keane. Rojo Mina and Holgate competing for the two spots.

August 07, 2018, 12:52:44 PM
Reply #21

Juanito

You must know that there’s 0 chance of this happening

Must know zero chance? What makes you so sure? Andy Hunter in the Guardian suggests Silva is ideally looking for two central defenders.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/06/everton-brazil-winger-bernard

We got rid of Williams, Mori and the wages of Klaassen and Rooney alone is 250,000 per week. We could easily sign Mina and get Rojo on loan, so stop being so negative!