October 15, 2019, 01:28:42 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 175965 times)

May 29, 2018, 01:44:07 AM
Reply #240

Ross

I reckon we will, spend big again this summer

Time will tell but I canít see it myself. Think weíll havd a job shifting some of the ones who are now surplus given the wages weíve been splashing out.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 29, 2018, 02:26:41 AM
Reply #241

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'd rather pay less, build a squad of hard workers and young hungry talents than splash a load for the sake of it
Simply simply lovely

May 29, 2018, 02:30:27 AM
Reply #242

blue slug

I'd rather pay less, build a squad of hard workers and young hungry talents than splash a load for the sake of it

I donít want us to waste money but if the right player is available and costs 40m I want us to go for them

May 29, 2018, 03:13:03 AM
Reply #243

KoemansNumberTens

Unless we are getting an absolute bargain we have to always be buying potential be it at 5m or at 50. What we can attract thatís proven isnít good enough to get us to where we want to be. There has to be a lot of room to improve

May 29, 2018, 03:44:55 AM
Reply #244

Morta75

spend the money on quality... not quantity! If we have a chance to bring in that splash the cash.
When people mention Rondon I start to wonder what they aim at... 16-10 on tabell...
Martial we should go all inn on in my opinion... offer him £150.000 a week and pay what they demand.

May 29, 2018, 04:05:36 AM
Reply #245

KoemansNumberTens

spend the money on quality... not quantity! If we have a chance to bring in that splash the cash.
When people mention Rondon I start to wonder what they aim at... 16-10 on tabell...
Martial we should go all inn on in my opinion... offer him £150.000 a week and pay what they demand.

Surely that depends on what they demand. We actually did this last season. From a position of power we still paid top whack for Pickford Keane and sigurdsson. We need to find value not pay what they demand regardless

May 29, 2018, 09:07:10 AM
Reply #246

Ramjam

I hope we have some transfer activity happening behind the scenes as itís been extremely quiet for us, donít get me wrong I think thatís a good thing if we can get it done quietly as long as we get it done.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 29, 2018, 12:40:09 PM
Reply #247

indiantoffee1975

Said last season we needed 2-3 key top class signings. Will be the same this time.

May 29, 2018, 01:58:31 PM
Reply #248

Waltzer

Said last season we needed 2-3 key top class signings. Will be the same this time.

And I think thats where our historic recruitment policy has fallen over. We havent got the stature, at present, to recruit top class players, which leads us to paying loads for 'very good' players. Moshiri tried to run before he could walk and its set us back, i think we'll be a bit more pragmatic and get players we actually need, rather than looking for a big name/big signing just to make a statement.

May 29, 2018, 02:13:18 PM
Reply #249

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
And I think thats where our historic recruitment policy has fallen over. We havent got the stature, at present, to recruit top class players, which leads us to paying loads for 'very good' players. Moshiri tried to run before he could walk and its set us back, i think we'll be a bit more pragmatic and get players we actually need, rather than looking for a big name/big signing just to make a statement.

Couldnít agree more. The market weíre shopping in is a West Ham / Newcastle market with an insane mark up for having a bit of doh.

We need to be smarter, there IS value out there and it will be increasingly important that we can get a return on some of these players in the future, Moshiri is rich but heís not limitless. With the inefficiency of the football market in the uk especially, we need to find ways and angles of getting better for less.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 29, 2018, 02:29:38 PM
Reply #250

Toddacelli

If some of our players at the World Cup have great tournaments, it will also hopefully add to the picture. New investment, new direction, key players finding form - this would all make us a more attractive prospect to some players.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 29, 2018, 02:37:39 PM
Reply #251

Hawkandro

Bale for £200m, anyone?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 02:39:27 PM by Hawkandro »
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

May 29, 2018, 02:49:24 PM
Reply #252

Makis

Only if you have Usmanov's personal phone number.

May 29, 2018, 03:03:25 PM
Reply #253

Lxxx

45m would be the going rate for a half decent player now. Transfer fee inflation isn’t stopping anytime soon

Latter statement is fair. The former is rubbish.

May 29, 2018, 04:20:36 PM
Reply #254

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Only if you have Usmanov's personal phone number.

I've got Bale's nephew on hand. He's only 6 though so I don't know if he's got much sway
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: