October 16, 2019, 01:27:56 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 176324 times)

June 01, 2018, 01:31:01 AM
Reply #285

Robber Rodwell

What about an offer for Victor Wanyama?  I think he could do a job for us in the DM position

June 01, 2018, 01:38:25 AM
Reply #286

blue slug

What about an offer for Victor Wanyama?  I think he could do a job for us in the DM position

Or dembele heís class

June 01, 2018, 01:43:53 AM
Reply #287

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Mildly concerned about our Gana.

I bloody love him, but what sort of midfield can he function in? Sounds like we want a holder/destroyer/distributor with the Carvalho/Torreira links (bang up for either or both, maybe torreira over Carvalho - heís like a good Besic)...but if weíre being honest, Schneiderlin is that sort of player an all, and throughout his career in the Prem has actually been one of the best at it in the league.

Either way they need a replacement for Rooney - a player who wants on the ball CONSTANTLY and wants to dribble up the pitch or make killer balls.

I dunno, canít really guess what midfield weíre going to have, and Gana with Carvalho or Torreira sounds like it might have similar problems as we had this year, especially if we have Gylfi in the 10.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 01, 2018, 01:50:15 AM
Reply #288

American Evertonian

Mildly concerned about our Gana.

I bloody love him, but what sort of midfield can he function in? Sounds like we want a holder/destroyer/distributor with the Carvalho/Torreira links (bang up for either or both, maybe torreira over Carvalho - heís like a good Besic)...but if weíre being honest, Schneiderlin is that sort of player an all, and throughout his career in the Prem has actually been one of the best at it in the league.

Either way they need a replacement for Rooney - a player who wants on the ball CONSTANTLY and wants to dribble up the pitch or make killer balls.

I dunno, canít really guess what midfield weíre going to have, and Gana with Carvalho or Torreira sounds like it might have similar problems as we had this year, especially if we have Gylfi in the 10.

The more I kept reading the more I kept thinking "God our team is a mess"
Are we there yet?

June 01, 2018, 02:20:06 AM
Reply #289

Shogun

Administrator
I think Gana is more of the player Silva wants than Schneiderlin.

June 01, 2018, 02:24:23 AM
Reply #290

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Whereve we been linked to Torreira?

June 01, 2018, 02:24:48 AM
Reply #291

blue slug

Heís got his work cut out getting some of this lot fit and pressing

June 01, 2018, 02:26:19 AM
Reply #292

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Gana is our only midfielder who can press and is for enough to do it, he will be staying
Simply simply lovely

June 01, 2018, 02:29:19 AM
Reply #293

blue slug

I wonder what our priorities are with recruitment this window, definitely need centre back, left back, winger and centre mid for me

June 01, 2018, 02:55:19 AM
Reply #294

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Whereve we been linked to Torreira?

Seen a few bits and bobs - articles and twitter chat mostly like.

Apparently has a release clause.

I think Gana is more of the player Silva wants than Schneiderlin.

Heís a world class destroyer, but Iím not sure he can sit on his own, and we know he canít go forward.

I love him but I just canít work out what sort of 3 man midfield we will have. The only one that worked this year was I think

Rooney (distributor)

Gana (press/forward) Davies (same)

So maybe :

Carvalho/Torreira

Gana          Ozyakup

And then whatís ganas job? Cause I donít really want him legging forward anymore.

overthinking it I think, and I donít really know what Iím talking about re: cm roles, the basic message here is : Iím worried about how itís going to fit together in the middle, but I know itís very important that it does..

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 01, 2018, 03:02:19 AM
Reply #295

Bluedylan

Heís a world class destroyer, but Iím not sure he can sit on his own, and we know he canít go forward.

I love him but I just canít work out what sort of 3 man midfield we will have. The only one that worked this year was I think

Rooney (distributor)

Gana (press/forward) Davies (same)

So maybe :

Carvalho/Torreira

Gana          Ozyakup

And then whatís ganas job? Cause I donít really want him legging forward anymore.

overthinking it I think, and I donít really know what Iím talking about re: cm roles, the basic message here is : Iím worried about how itís going to fit together in the middle, but I know itís very important that it does..

Maybe have Gana deeper as the destroyer, and tell him to just lay 5/10 balls to team-mates when he wins it, and have the playmaker type as one of the players in front of Gana?
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

June 01, 2018, 03:09:56 AM
Reply #296

blue slug

That hitc site is full of our proposed targets apparently grealish, loftus cheek, Carrillo a benfica winger and hubner a German centre back, love to know where they get this shit from 😆

June 01, 2018, 03:14:29 AM
Reply #297

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe have Gana deeper as the destroyer, and tell him to just lay 5/10 balls to team-mates when he wins it, and have the playmaker type as one of the players in front of Gana?

Iíd assume in a more structured team then Gueye wouldnít seem as bad with the ball.

I think he should be fine to be instructed to carry the ball from our half up towards the other teamís area and then as long as thereís a plan for who/ where he will pass it then that would be ok.

When heís left to use his own ingenuity then he looks lost.

June 01, 2018, 03:15:09 AM
Reply #298

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Hitc stands for hit it there click

Fuck all but click bait
Simply simply lovely

June 01, 2018, 03:18:05 AM
Reply #299

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

I've only seen him linked to Napoli.  Would take him like.