October 17, 2019, 09:28:46 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 176630 times)

June 04, 2018, 11:41:15 PM
Reply #375

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone who gives those sorts of figures is definitely talking rubbish.

Exaggeration or not though, there are surely upper limits to what we can spend - they're just determined by a combination of amortisation, funds brought in from outgoings and the wage bill rather than the simplistic use of transfer fees.

Brands himself said upwards of £100m didnít he?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 05, 2018, 12:29:28 AM
Reply #376

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Brands himself said upwards of £100m didnít he?

No, in an interview with de telegraaf they said he had a £100m budget and then fed into his response about there being no financial shackles.
Even if that was a specific figure, he'd be daft to announce to everybody what he was allowed to spend.

Creative journalism

June 05, 2018, 07:18:12 PM
Reply #377

Ramjam

No, in an interview with de telegraaf they said he had a £100m budget and then fed into his response about there being no financial shackles.
Even if that was a specific figure, he'd be daft to announce to everybody what he was allowed to spend.

Creative journalism
I think we will be handling transfers very differently from here on in, quietly and out of the glare of media attention
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 05, 2018, 07:38:39 PM
Reply #378

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I think we will be handling transfers very differently from here on in, quietly and out of the glare of media attention

Here's hoping

June 05, 2018, 07:46:09 PM
Reply #379

Macca77

4 players tops

Centre half
Left back
Midfielder
Striker

June 05, 2018, 07:49:18 PM
Reply #380

dunkster

Would imagine there would have to be decent money available. Brands wasn't coming here just to do some housekeeping.
Silva possibly is happier to be at a sizeable club with a decentish squad to play with.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 05, 2018, 07:53:48 PM
Reply #381

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
My predictions is we'll end up with Lascelles, Rose, Lozano and Carvalho as our main signings.

Out will go Rooney, Williams, Robles, Besic, Mirallas, Garbutt and a few others.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

June 05, 2018, 08:14:02 PM
Reply #382

Gash

Global Moderator
4 players tops

Centre half
Left back
Midfielder
Striker

I think that's about right, 4 quality players in those positions plus a coach that actually wants to try and score some goals will make a huge difference. We don't need the major squad overhaul that some people are saying, we do need a clear out but we don't need wholesale changes to the squad. As we and others have proven in the past, it never works anyway.

June 05, 2018, 09:14:57 PM
Reply #383

Evertonian in NC

I'm all geeked for Batshuayi again.  Don't kill my dreams!
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

June 05, 2018, 10:50:02 PM
Reply #384

Cozzie

Personally for me its 2CB's in with (hopefully) Williams and Mori leaving.

Left back as a future Baines replacement, get rid of Martina.

1 left winger with both Mirallas and Bolasie leaving.

A midfield playmaker to go along side Gueye, with Besic and McCarthy leaving.

Another Striker to come in alongside Tosun and Niasse with DCL going out on loan.

Clear out some more deadwood/fringe players and that would do me.

June 05, 2018, 10:50:11 PM
Reply #385

GrantyBoy78

June 05, 2018, 10:53:46 PM
Reply #386

Hawkandro

I think this fella has learning difficulties

Me? Or Stevie1919?  ;)
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

June 06, 2018, 01:56:45 AM
Reply #387

Simon Paul

Administrator

you do realise Farhad Moshiri still has an ego to satisfy don't you?

June 06, 2018, 03:04:03 AM
Reply #388

penguinofdoom1878

I probably should be, but im not excited about any of the players we've been linked with so far. Need an unrealistic hope to get the juices flowing

June 06, 2018, 03:29:42 AM
Reply #389

dunkster

I probably should be, but im not excited about any of the players we've been linked with so far. Need an unrealistic hope to get the juices flowing

They are as exciting as we could hope for at a club lacking any European footie whatsoever.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER