October 19, 2019, 10:27:53 PM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 177338 times)

June 06, 2018, 03:04:03 AM
Read 177338 times

penguinofdoom1878

I probably should be, but im not excited about any of the players we've been linked with so far. Need an unrealistic hope to get the juices flowing

June 23, 2018, 02:47:05 AM
Reply #1

penguinofdoom1878

Someone youíve never seen or heard of just because heís the best Croatia have got to replace modric? He could be crap! Most likely he is compared to modric.
Who replaced George best in the NI team? Who replaced Southall in the wales goal?

Paul Jones

June 26, 2018, 11:31:22 PM
Reply #2

penguinofdoom1878

we could probably put a full new squad together with the players we've been linked with since the season ended

July 15, 2018, 08:36:10 PM
Reply #3

penguinofdoom1878

Everton fans during summer, as a ball isn't kicked and we forget what it was like last season...'not worried about no players coming in, be good to see what the manager can do with W,X,Y & Z they're all good players, just poorly managed, this lot finished 8th under Allardyce ffs'

Transfer window closes - Everton win 3 out of the first 10 games...

Everton fans - 'we should have signed at least 4/5 players during summer, cant believe we didn't do look at West Ham/Leicester/Wolves etc...did their business early, we'll just get to January with what we have build from there'

Everton win 5 on the bounce during December...

Everton fans - 'no point going nuts in January paying over inflated prices, this lot are decent look at Vlasic he's back from 3 months out and assisted 4 in his last 5 we'd be daft to bring anyone in now'

Everton lose the first 6 of the new year and exit the FA Cup

'ffs Everton, ok its going to be at least 3 windows building'

Everton finish 8th - summer starts... 'not worried about no players coming in...' repeat

we all do it

July 19, 2018, 03:45:13 AM
Reply #4

penguinofdoom1878

3 weeks on Saturday it starts. I know people have said dont panic and i've made light about us all thinking the players are better than they actually are the further away from the last season we go. But I really hope we have movement over the next week on new in-comings, we do need new players, we do not need to give anyone this window to prove themselves, well do but new blood is also needed. At least 4 players in my panicked head we need, left back, defender, creativity in midfield and a striker.

off to wet my bed

July 19, 2018, 01:02:09 PM
Reply #5

penguinofdoom1878

The worst part of Wales 😝

you've never been to Newport then

July 25, 2018, 10:44:15 PM
Reply #6

penguinofdoom1878

CB, LB...seem like the definites whoever they may be...then who knows. We've been linked with central midfield players like Zakaria, but also some strikers too.

If we can wouldnt a back up goalie be something we should look to bring in or will we go with Stek for another year and wait until next season

July 27, 2018, 03:10:37 AM
Reply #7

penguinofdoom1878

about that striker

July 29, 2018, 03:47:29 AM
Reply #8

penguinofdoom1878

Very few folk are in favour of Holgate (but me).

People generally seem to say "you can't risk playing him, he hasn't played enough" which is a circular problem to me.  If not now (side in transition, when there is a glaring need for his pace, athleticism, and willing to make a challenge), when?

I'm all for Holgate playing too, with someone strong beside him to guide him, not sure Jags is the one anymore for a full season. Would like Mawson from Swansea too he'd be good for us.

August 04, 2018, 08:42:16 PM
Reply #9

penguinofdoom1878

Fuck it, letís buy Ramos and really stick it to the shite in the derby

might as well have Lascelles, Ramsey, Batshuayi & Martial while we're at it