October 22, 2019, 03:10:36 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 177922 times)

July 13, 2018, 06:41:01 PM
Reply #15

Makis

Doucoure with a cryptic ‘wait and see’ tweet...
Just a ploy to get a new contract.

July 18, 2018, 01:09:05 AM
Reply #16

Makis

Even if we (frighteningly) brought nobody else in, even a LB/CB hybrid type, I'd play Kenny at CB ahead of Williams and have him as 5th choice.  Jags should really be your 4th man at this stage, but if we have to use him as our 3rd I can live with that (behind Keane and Holgate, who should be the clear starting pair).
Whatever you are smoking isn't good for your eyesight. Kenny is 5 foot 9 and hasn't played CB. Why not play Coleman there if you want to play someone in the wrong position? At least Coleman's bigger, taller and stronger and better in the air.

August 01, 2018, 05:03:18 PM
Reply #17

Makis

Isn't he a winger though? We already have 65 of those
Richarlison, Walcott, Bolasie, Lookman, Mirallas. Bolasie and Mirallas will be sold if someone takes them and looks like Lookman is going as well. I'm 60 wingers short even if I include those. If we accept those three aren't in Silva's plans we have two wingers.

Vlasic still isn't a winger & apparently Silva doesn't rate him anyways.

August 01, 2018, 05:42:39 PM
Reply #18

Makis

Yes i was exaggerating a tad but you can't just offload 2 players that nobody wants

So IF Lookman and by some miracle Bolasie and Mirallas go then we'd still have 3 as Vlasic has to play somewhere.

And there is no way all 3 of those are going
Even if we didn't offload them it's immaterial. Neither is good enough. We have loads of centre backs as well so I guess we don't need to sign any of those either?

August 01, 2018, 05:43:36 PM
Reply #19

Makis

Love a well qualified ITK.
Well, considering how little time he has gotten in pre-season while someone like Sandro has been totally inefficient and even Mirallas got way more minutes I'd say that's a safe assumption.

August 02, 2018, 01:22:57 AM
Reply #20

Makis

do you think silva wants to train 30 odd footballers every week? I think not. Imagine trying to keep all those happy.
So, let's not sign anyone?

August 02, 2018, 02:36:54 AM
Reply #21

Makis

whose said that like?
Well if Silva doesn't like to train many players surely we shouldn't sign any more?

August 03, 2018, 04:08:02 PM
Reply #22

Makis

The only reason I can think of is that the club saw some transfer value in him. And he's probably on low wages anyways. This is pretty much the worst case, i.e. someone else pays him.

August 07, 2018, 02:51:24 AM
Reply #23

Makis

Transfermarkt usually have up-to-date stats.